Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 05:34:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Links to TS2&EP hacks:More Critical AL EP8 FIXES;InTeen info NEW 1/1/09  (Read 145598 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2008, 08:04:52 am »

Asking questions are fine, if you are absolutely sure that it hasn't already been answered somewhere else. Inteen questions pop up all the time, despite there being info on the first page of this thread, that Inteen isn't hosted or supported on this site, with a link to its true home. The Insim has a whole section here dedicated to questions and support for that mod, just underneath Community Downloads. There is another section dedicated to help with the game, and a quick search through there will most likely answer any questions you may have. An FAQ that answers the questions you've asked is also on the front page here, and there are stickies throughout the help forums that have already answered your questions.

I don't know how or where you searched, but just how thorough were you? Compiling all these links takes a hell of a lot of work - can you really blame him for being ticked off?

No requests please
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2008, 12:17:13 pm »

Sadie is my hero! Hugs galore!

Actually, Danceswithwands PMed me with a direct apology. I also apologized to her for being so abrupt and asked her never to be afraid to ask a question here on the InSim.

Now, I ask for help! I am trying to compile as much as possible for FREE TIME. If anyone knows of any updates please let me know here. I am trying to find a link to the (free) Prima Guide (Mark, you are always so thorough in finding such info).

I have the new EP but will not add it until I know that compatibility with our beloved hacks is in order. I know that Dr. Pescado and TwoJeffs are hard at work. I just know that there will be a lot of conflicts for us.

HELP!

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
maniac19642003
« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2008, 01:54:17 pm »

Joey, I know I just PM'd you wit the FT info I found so far, but I also just checked ts2.com and they once again appear to have updated the BV patch on 2/25 but it says the same headline for it as the original post about it lol.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2008, 02:44:34 pm »

TA Mark! I read your PM and added the link in the first post.

I also have the link to the BV patch. I am just about to update my game with it. I sort of want to wait to install FREE TIME (it looks like fun). I just want to wait till my beloved hacks have been udpdated.

From what I have read, it looks like the InSim is working for people. Sim life without the InSim is no Sim life at all!!!!!

Joey the Whinernator

maniac19642003
« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2008, 04:48:38 pm »

I agree about it being no sim life without the insim and I may try to get my entire game installed again tonight so hopefully I get that taken care of and can get FT then as well since I like that EP as well and I'm beginning to really miss my simmies since its been so long now lol and as I said in the PM, I'll keep my eyes open for more info when it appears for you.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: February 28, 2008, 05:01:32 pm »

Mark, I found the Prima Guide. Check the first post for the link.

I am now biting the bullet and installing FT.

Joey the Whinernator

maniac19642003
« Reply #111 on: February 28, 2008, 08:50:07 pm »

TheSims2.com added a new download. It's a poster of several bugs.
Get it here: New download

* bugposter.jpg (26.22 KB, 196x244 - viewed 171 times.)
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: February 29, 2008, 07:20:19 pm »

Quote from: Sadie79;1154531

I don't know how or where you searched, but just how thorough were you? Compiling all these links takes a hell of a lot of work - can you really blame him for being ticked off?

I mostly searched this site- well ok- when I say "search" that means I went to all the threads LOOKING for answers because the "search" heading at the top of the page doesn't ever work for me- it always goes to "this page cannot be displayed".  As far as being "thorough"... I did the best I could to find a "how to backup" and "how to remove/ should I remove the insimenator" type of things... but when you say that compiling all those links takes time- I'm sure it does... unfortunately NONE of the links here ever open for me.  I get the same "page can't be displayed" thing.

I feel almost certain that it is because when I click on a link it takes the blazing dial-up speed of 29 kbps soooo long to try to open the page it times out.

So, I am sitting at my pc for HOURS and not mere seconds like those of you with high-speed.  I am clicking like hell on links.  I am getting more frustrated by the minute.

At some point you kind of throw your hands up and say "I will just ask- maybe someone can show me the way..."

I admit I got to that point.  I have never had any downloaded items, hacks, or mods before this so I really felt kind of lost about what to do with this stuff before I install a new EP.

I also tried to access the FAQ but with the links not working- it wasn't much help.

SO--- I did delete my stupid questions and I did send out apologies.

NO- I don't blame him for being ticked off- not really.

I'm sure having lots of silly people asking silly questions all the time is annoying.

So, once again- I AM SORRY.

I have just decided to delete all my stuff for now (from the game) and I managed to make a backup disk after a lot of hair-pulling, cussing, and moaning.  I will hope that I can figure it out on my own later on.

I probably should have stated my question better- since in reality I understood all along that I had to have the correct version of the Insim for the correct (most recent) EP and that this site has nothing to do with Inteen.

I chalk that up to the high amount of Vicodin I've been popping lately (due to a really painful back injury).  :-P

That said, once again, I will just try to watch what I ask around here, and perhaps try to find someone with high-speed who will let me use their pc so I can MAYBE access all these links you mentioned.

Until that happens I can't see anyway to stop my pages from "timing out" before I get the information I need.

Sorry again for all the drama... I was just trying to get a "go here" or "do this".

~*~ Donna ~*~
I DO NOT ANSWER ANY PM REQUESTS! PLEASE READ POST#26 AT MY THREAD! *HERE'S THE LINK: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,85501.0.html
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 29, 2008, 07:47:46 pm »

Look, I posted my reply before Joey mentioned this had already been resolved. I do sympathise with slow connections - I have been there myself - and page not displayed errors, which still happens here sometimes.

Unfortunately, an awful lot of people still ask such questions (including the now infamous WCIF/need help with Inteen ones), and generally don't bother to look. You plainly do, that's great, but it gets hard to tell the difference sometimes.

My apologies for any misunderstandings, yours are accepted, let's just draw a line now, huh? :group hu:

No requests please
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: February 29, 2008, 07:56:28 pm »

Quote from: Sadie79;1156400
Look, I posted my reply before Joey mentioned this had already been resolved. I do sympathise with slow connections - I have been there myself - and page not displayed errors, which still happens here sometimes.

I'm thinking "slow" would be an improvement lately... LMAO

Unfortunately, an awful lot of people still ask such questions (including the now infamous WCIF/need help with Inteen ones), and generally don't bother to look. You plainly do, that's great, but it gets hard to tell the difference sometimes.

Yeah in my searching I noticed that comes up a lot... even I got tired of reading "this isn't the site to post or ask about Inteen"... I see how that could be really annoying.  I REALLY do.

My apologies for any misunderstandings, yours are accepted, let's just draw a line now, huh? :group hu:

Lines are fine... LINKS are a real bother though.  LOL

No worries-  I'm in less pain today and not as likely to get my panties in a wad about such things anyhoo. LOL  

Now I just need to go find a link... crap. :chainsaw:

YOU didn't need to apologize by the way- I wanted to be sure to do so to anyone whose toes I might have stepped on- but you didn't do a thing wrong.

I tend to like to explain myself... of course... if you've seen my signature and avatar... there is likely not much else to explain.  *heeheehee*

~*~ Donna ~*~
I DO NOT ANSWER ANY PM REQUESTS! PLEASE READ POST#26 AT MY THREAD! *HERE'S THE LINK: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,85501.0.html
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 29, 2008, 08:15:22 pm »

Your siggy and avvie rule Cheesy I used to have the latter on another forum - the amount of times I've felt like that :laughing:

No requests please
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: February 29, 2008, 08:26:44 pm »

To be perfectly honest...

I do love my avi...

But unfortunately it doesn't work.

Banging my head on the keyboard as illustrated usually just locks up my computer and gives me a migraine.  LOL

I have been trying to get a link on the first page to load for this whole time by the way- so yeah- I can see me having a total avi moment here very soon.  (grrrr)

~*~ Donna ~*~
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: February 29, 2008, 09:23:54 pm »

Quote from: jinyc;1154957
Mark, I found the Prima Guide. Check the first post for the link.

I am now biting the bullet and installing FT.

Well, inquiring minds want to know...

Did your InSim work with FT???   LOL

I think I might have (oops) deleted mine by mistake- grrr- off to see.

(and another quick question- did you have any crashes or explosions because of the securom thing?)

I think I am going to give in and load FT myself.... why can't I seem to control this sim-diction?  LOL LOL LOL

~*~ Donna ~*~
quasim

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 01, 2008, 11:29:28 am »

I installed FT 2 days ago, updated all MATY hacks, and TwoJeffs. (Here is TwoJeffs incompatibility list and a few updates)

What works for me:
Most Squing mods (except the one with All LTW for all)
Moniques computer etc
Christianlovs all in one NPC
The mods from SimWardrobe
Inge Jones excellent Mods

and mány more... Not too bad for a totally changed environment.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: March 01, 2008, 03:53:00 pm »

TA Quasim! We need all of this info re FT. I still have Squinge's LTW mod in game and have not noticed any problem. Hopefully, someone can run the Hack Diff for that (I still have no idea how...poohbah on me).

I have been following MATY, TJ and Carrigon for updates. They are awesome!

So far the InSIm is working just fine for me. I am using the SIM edition. I know that Eric will probably have to update it, at least, for some of the new relationship goals (and then, maybe not).

Sadie, how many times can I say that I so adore you?Huh? Well, I do!

EDIT: Merola's mind control mirror, multi-painting and dressers are all working.

EDIT II: I added a link to Barnabus' Hack Diff report. I printed it. It has a lot of positive info.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 04:07:27 pm by jinyc » Logged

Joey the Whinernator

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: