Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 10:12:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Links to TS2&EP hacks:More Critical AL EP8 FIXES;InTeen info NEW 1/1/09  (Read 145572 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: June 30, 2008, 07:01:56 pm »

Isn't it odd that our own Beta testers seem more into making the game more playable than the doufuses that EA employs to weed out the potential problems with new EPs and stuff packs?

The spamming of NPCs never should have existed in BV; the flummoxing of appliances never should have been compromised in K&B and IKEA. IKEA is especially an insult to our intelligence. Whatever existed in K&B should have been identified and fixed before the latest stuff pack was released. Lord Darcy made it very plain that this problem existed with K&B.

TwoJeffs had a fix for a critical error in FreeTime after that EP was released. How could EA not know that there was the problem with potentially reporting bogus aspirations for Sims with a secondary aspiration set?

And then there is the issue of securom.............

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: August 31, 2008, 03:40:25 pm »

SSSSH! Don't ask don't tell!

I have never added the second PATCH because I am so unfamiliar and scared of the Secur-ROM crap. I am still not sure if I will add AL to my game. It really does nothing for me. The Murphy Bed is cute and so is the closet but Secor-ROM and banal game creation limits my interest!

Thanks for the heads up on SR.

PS: Since the "good" clothing designs are being distributed for those of us hesitent in wasting money on EP8. So, who knows? Maybe someone will make a Murphy Bed!!!!!!! I know Marvine already has spiral stairs for us.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 03:44:50 pm by jinyc » Logged

Joey the Whinernator

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 31, 2008, 05:36:59 pm »

Thanks for the heads-up on AL fixes - good grief, they never learn, do they? :roll:

There happens to be a SR-free crack out for AL already, BTW Wink

Oh, and I know I'm late in saying this, but I found the real reason BV 'hoods couldn't be added - it's about the empty templates. I got a false positive from Numenor's AGS, that's why I mentioned it; if you leave the 'hood templates from BV alone you'll be alright, even if you replace the others. Sorry about the false info :?

ETA: Just found this thread at MATY - it's a bug list for AL. The amount of things being listed is scary! :shock:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 11:42:11 pm by Sadie79 » Logged

No requests please
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: September 01, 2008, 04:03:58 pm »

Sadie, beloved, I just found another FIX by Lord Darcy over at MTS2! I am also adding the link to the first post.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=299597

"...good grief, they never learn, do they?"

No, they obvious don't because they obviously don't care as long as they have a captive buying public. It will never happen but just imagine if the Simmers of the world united and boycotted a TS2 EP or stuff pack on principle. It's doubtful, but maybe then EAxis would get the idea that they should pay more attention to the quality of work they offer their public. WHATEVAH!!!!!!!

It's amazing; I haven't even begun to update TJ, Eric, MATY et al. I am too busy finding out what the new EP has broken first!!!!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 04:06:02 pm by jinyc » Logged

Joey the Whinernator

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 25, 2008, 09:21:14 am »

Three new announcements:

1) CEP has been updated for AL - it's a preliminary update, with more planned in another release
2) SimPE has been updated
3) Mootilda on MTS2 has found a way for us to have working beach apartments Cheesy Link's here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=302405

No requests please
maniac19642003
« Reply #215 on: October 02, 2008, 01:44:50 pm »

SimWardrobe Updates:
New Object Set: Vocational Training - The Vocational Training Controller will allow a playable sim or their employees to train other sims in skills or badges. The instructor must possess the highest possible skill in a subject in order to be able to train others in it. With this object it is possible to create a vocational training institute in your town to gives your citizens the job skills they need to compete in a global economy. You can find it under Business Facilitators here: Sims 2 Objects

New Fix: Harvested Plants Disappear Promptly - After installing Apartment Life there was an issue with garden plants not disappearing promptly after being harvested. This was causing problems with the "Harvest Many" option in addition to making my Employee Gardening Controller rather inefficient when harvesting was going on. This fix changes the global code for garden plants so that they will be removed much more promptly after being harvested or composted. You can find it on the Apartment Life fixes page here: Sims 2 AL Fixes

New Fix: Frozen Customer Fix - Under certain circumstances an OFB customer will freeze up when standing at the cash register. The frozen customer will stand there like a statue, blocking the register from further use. This often causes the next customer in line to become blocked, so they will throw down their bags in frustration. The problem is caused by the register clerk and the frozen customer becoming out of sync during the begining of the transaction. This fix should completely eliminate the dreaded frozen customer syndrome. I consider this to be a critical fix for Open For Business. You can find it on the Open For Business fixes page here: Sims 2 OFB Fixes
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 03, 2008, 01:27:55 am »

Joey, just a quick correction for your initial post.  Lord Darcy is a she, not a he Tongue
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: October 03, 2008, 02:00:40 pm »

THX AC, I will make the correction and add finds to the forst post this weekend. I have been intolerably busy but hopefully things in RL will begin to calm down.

I lost my father on September 13th. He had been battling Hodgkins for the past few years. Also, I am back in school and that has been selfishly dominating so much of my time as well.

I have to fix so much in the first thread!

Joey the Whinernator

maniac19642003
« Reply #218 on: October 03, 2008, 02:35:33 pm »

Sorry to hear you lost him Joey, hope life settles down again for you soon from that and school so you have time to just sit back and relax from everything going on like that.
maniac19642003
« Reply #219 on: October 04, 2008, 12:45:20 pm »

More from SW:
New Object: OFB Wage Adjuster - The OFB wage adjuster allows you to set an employee's wage to an exact simolean amount, instead of picking something vague like "extremely overpaid" or "fairly paid". It allows you to set the wage regardless of the skills an employee has or does not have.

Object Update: Hungernator 1.1 - Version 1.1 tests to see if the sim is browsing a ticket machine and won't make them hungry if they are.

You can find them both here: Sims 2 Objects

New Fix: Employees Don't Get Served - Sims serving a group meal on a lot with a home business will not set a place for employees who are on the job. You can find it here: Sims 2 OFB Fixes
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: October 12, 2008, 10:07:46 pm »

Joey I haven't been around much with school back and my dad's cancer and all... but I popped in to check out how buggy the ep 8 might be... and saw your post about your dad.

I'm so sorry for your loss.  (hugs)  

Thanks for taking the time to update the post here (with all that is going on in your rl I am surprised you managed such a great update about the ep8 issues and links for fixes- wow!)

I broke down and bought the silly thing (of course) but am NOT going to install it yet... taking a cue from you and awaiting a time when the greatest of the hacks/mods are updated and all the issues have been ironed out.  Good grief... at the list of buggies in the latest ep- it just gets worse and worse- perhaps it was a "who cares we must concentrate on Sims3 now!" type of thing... makes you wonder doesn't it?

~*~ Donna ~*~
I DO NOT ANSWER ANY PM REQUESTS! PLEASE READ POST#26 AT MY THREAD! *HERE'S THE LINK: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,85501.0.html
maniac19642003
« Reply #221 on: October 21, 2008, 05:43:01 pm »

TwoJeffs put out 3 new FT hacks lately, on Oct 13,14,15.
CollegeYAAgingFix.zip 8KB Oct 15 2008 08:42:44 PM
NoAllergies.zipNoAllergies.zip 8KB Oct 14 2008 06:13:18 PM
SmartBeds-RelaxPlug-in.zipSmartBeds-RelaxPlug-in.zip 8KB Oct 13 2008 06:20:30 PM

AL hacks:
same 3 as FT as well as updating Visitor Controller.
maniac19642003
« Reply #222 on: October 22, 2008, 02:43:09 pm »

Joey, I just went to SimPE's site and found this for AL:

"Yes, finally we got it together and have formally published 0.72 for Apartment Life. It is also suitable for earlier games and as usual has several other enhancement (too numerous to list here) over previous versions.

http://sims.ambertation.de/en/2008/09/24/simpe-for-apartment-life/ "
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: October 22, 2008, 02:51:56 pm »

Mark, thank God you are here. I have been so busy lately. This thread needs a complete overhaul and I am waiting for the time to do it. Always, thanks for your invaluable help!

Joey the Whinernator

maniac19642003
« Reply #224 on: October 22, 2008, 02:57:35 pm »

Always glad to help out Joey, I know you have so much going on in RL lately so you cant be here as much like before.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17
  Print  

Jump to: