Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 10:52:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: packaing my family???  (Read 4869 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
murfwithjess

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2007, 07:44:53 pm »

hello..i know this is going to be a stupid question.. but im having a major brain farts..(that means, brain as gone away..not in a thinking mood).so that being said... (recovering from last night.. my B day:sad4::sad4::sad4:..)

so.. i ask a couple of days ago, about one of my family's..blar blar (pregnant Jessica alba )and anywho... some one said that it might be the lot is corrupt... so what i wanna do is move my family and other family's out of pleasu....  whatever the town is called... and move them in a new town.... now.. can that be done.. if so.. is it done by packing the family, one by one, and putting them in ... where??  can someone point me to a tut.. or can someone plz tell me how to do such a thing???

SUCH AS LIFE..............ILL SLEEP WHEN IM DEAD!!!
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 07:49:41 pm »

Since you want to place this family in a new neighborhood, the safest way to do it is to extract each Sims using Simpe, here is a tutorial explaining how, simply follow the instructions in the Step 1 part:  Tutorial-Giving your in-game sims a permanent make-over

SimPe can found Here

Once you extracted them all, close SimPe, start your game, go in the new hood you wish to place this family, go in CAS and recreate them in CAS so they have the proper family ties.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 07:53:07 pm by MissDoh » Logged
murfwithjess

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 08:00:26 pm »

THANKING YOU MISSDOH..... but if i do that.. that imeans, that i (my very lucky self sims, which is married it miss Jessica alba , i will not be married?Huh? or do i change that with simpe after i put them in... and miss jessica is pregnant.. will she lose that too??

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 08:03:10 pm »

By creating them in CAS, you can get them married again since you can adjust relationship in there.

As for if she will still be pregnant, no she won't.  Anyhow, you can easily get her pregnant again once you place them in a the new hood.  If the baby is really important, than make her have the kid before you package her.  You will need to age it up to kid though to be able to package it but once in CAS, you can put it back to toddler stage.  You can speed up her pregancy with the Insimenator.

They will both be back at 29 days before becoming aldults.  What SimPe does is simply make a template of those Sims.  All their past life is gone.  So they won't have jobs or anything like that.

Oh and btw, if it is simply the lot that is corrupted, you can simply move out the family from that lot and place them in a new house and then delete the corrupted lot.  Why do you want to move them into a new hood, is the complete hood corrupted or just 1 house?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 08:11:34 pm by MissDoh » Logged
murfwithjess

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 08:22:49 pm »

i do believe it is the hole town... well i hope it is.... this is whats going on... with miss jessica house,,, after she has the baby, she willnt go back to work...(like big deal-yeh i know)and other house's is it just crashes... but not straight away..like i play them.. for weeks on end, then out of no where it will crash.. and keeps on crashing at that point..  the weird thing is, the all my smaller house are fine.. the larger ones, are not so likely.. those ones are the corrupt ones (larger house's).
 yes i have use the conflict prog , no thing.. only the things from inteenimator, the override things...
so do you believe its the town or my game?Huh?

plz dont say game....

so there is no packing a family??

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 08:26:54 pm »

Humm could be one of your download that is messing things up.  Not necessarely a mod.

Did you check if that kept happening if you totally removed your download folder?  If not then it is something in there causing all your problems.

Though if by larger house you mean they had many generations then it could the hood that is corrupted.

I would start by moving the downloads folder if you did not try that already.  If the game runs fine without downloads, then slowly had them back by batch to found the faulty one.
murfwithjess

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 08:38:18 pm »

ok thanx missdoh.... something i didnt what to hear but away.... and what i meant by larger house's is the size... small size lots are fine but bigger size lots seam to crash on me, but in saying that..im using a , i think its like the 3rd or 4th largest sized lot, and its not crashing but jessica just will not go to work after having a baby..

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 09:50:44 pm »

Well try to move her into another house before she has the baby and see what will happen.

EDIT:  Did you try to make her go to work using a car instead of the carpool?  

You can try to reset her if you did not already.  Open your cheatbox, type:  moveobjects on
Go in buymode, delete Jessica, save the lot, go back to neighborhood and reload the house.  She will appear next to the mailbox, once she does, reopen your cheatbox and type:  moveobjects off
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 10:22:19 pm by MissDoh » Logged
murfwithjess

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2007, 10:31:41 pm »

i have try both..Huh? why?

and yeh, im going to try moving first and taking my hacks out, then my hole downloads folder and see what happens.... ill keep you and other ppls updated as it happens over the next couple of days..

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 10:54:02 pm »

Well I thought resetting her could have help.

So now with the latest info it is either that the lot she is on is corrupted or herself is corrupted or something in your download folder is affecting her somehow.

Keep us in touch please of your latest tries.
murfwithjess

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 01:55:16 am »

hey miss doh.. not really sure if this is anything.. but i just took out my hole downloads folder started the game.. (it only took like 30 sec's to load up) and you when you get to the enable and disable bit, of the downloaded stuff... well i stil had stuff in there.....weird???

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 02:05:03 am »

The SavedSims folder will contain CC from downloaded sims.  That may be what you're seeing.
murfwithjess

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 02:12:53 am »

no.. i read the bit thats on the same page, and it was in my collections folder...

and by the way.. she went to work..
so now it will be start to put things back in...hmmmmmmm..

MissLoaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 03:57:03 am »

*jumps in to praise the 50% method*

First, put about half of your custom content back into the Downloads folder.
Start the game and see if it works.

If it does - get back out and try the other half (you will copy the safe half to a safe place). Get back to the game and check again.

If the problem reoccurs, shut down the game again, take out half of the currently installed CC and check again.

Repeat to cut down and replace untill you can locate the culprit in one folder Smiley

Competed in Star Trek: Intrepid (Capt. Matthew L. Thornton, winner CO positon) - Come join our roleplay!

"X-Men - Mutant Adventures" RPG

Time Zone Converter Link 1 or Link 2
[/font]
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 09:06:04 am »

Finding the responsible cc might be a pain but once it is done you will happy you got rid of it. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: