Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:49:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: WooHoo for Mac - Download  (Read 29673 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
HugeLunatic

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2007, 01:49:38 pm »

This is the most advanced version of WooHoo available for the mac that was previously only available by donation.  This app is not fully developed, and progress was stopped before the Pets ep was released.
  • The program has a backup feature which is still buggy so I would not recommend using it as a main backup.  Although it will tell you how many files are in your folder and you will know if you are close to reaching the file limit. :smile:

• There is also a package tester which isn't really very useful.

• The best feature of this app is that you can use it as an installer (similar to clean installer for the pc).  You can install lots, sims, floors and walls without having the error pop up about needed eps.  You can see what is included in lots and sims and install only the items you would like installed, and even change the file names of items you are installing.  This program will not save the package for you!

• You can also use the app to browse your downloads folder and you will see the txtr file associated with the object.  This is not 3D so you will have to use your imagination to guess what the object is.  Which really isn't hard. Wink  At this point you are able to rename any file names to things that make sense.  DO NOT rename hacks, some of these need to keep there original name in order to work.

• Also don't take take any corrupt files at face value.  Since the development was stopped before the Pets ep, any files mades with simPE after Pets gives the corrupt image, and if you open any objects or clothes recolors made with that ep, the app will crash.  Don't worry that doesn't mean the file really is corrupt.  Put it in your downloads folder and test it the way you always have been.  By starting the game.

I have finally updated to Leopard and WooHoo does indeed work with it.

Download
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 03:49:02 pm by HugeLunatic » Logged

Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 03:43:31 pm »

I just wanted to add:

Installing lots with the Wohoo tool is still risky business. On both the Macs in this house, if a house made with EP's we don't have is installed, it will crash the game when trying to enter it. I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but keep it in mind. There is no problem bulldozing and deleting the problemhouses, but when trying to move in a family, the game, as mentioned, crashes.

Tied third place in Mr. Insimenator 2007
Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 03:51:49 pm »

Mi-chii - the same thing happens with the PC version of the game when using Sims2Pack Clean Installer.  It is not an issue with WooHoo, but rather a general game-related issue.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 06:31:21 pm »

Ah, wasn't avare of that Smiley Been a long time since I've played on a PC.

Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 05:13:43 am »

The files that show as corrupt are files made with Pets, Season, or Bon Voyage. These EP's came out after this edition was made, so that all files from these EP's, no matter if you have that EP or not, will show up as corrupt, because the application do not regocnise them. I always install everything, and never have any problems. The files are fine, it's just the application that is a little outdated... But hey, it's the only thing we have.

Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
katerina41
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 11:18:07 am »

Thank you vert much I finally can enjoy downloading because of this program!!!!
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 05:05:58 pm »

Well, of course it doesn't work, it's not finished, the first post says so clearly.

Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
vikvac49

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 09:42:59 pm »

Does anyone know how to turn the demo off to demo on?
HugeLunatic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 10:05:16 pm »

Quote from: vikvac49;1164511
Does anyone know how to turn the demo off to demo on?

The demo version words are just that.  The original demo had only certain features unlocked, until you made a donation, then you were sent the unlocked version.  As one of the original testers I had a copy that had no locked features.  There is nothing more to this program.

Quote from: Karolin12345;1154720
it doesn't work Sad i always have to relauch this Sad

That is because you are trying to open a package made with the Pets EP or later, as stated in the original post.

This program still continues to function very well as an installer to replace the Maxis one.  This is its only truly useful function.  You can see and choose what you want to install from sims2packs.

Simz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 06:33:11 pm »

I can only do the remove selected items option, it won't let me do the install!

I have always hated the darkness.
The darkness within the human soul.
Within my soul.
I have always hated a part of myself.
~Raven
yeegreen

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2008, 05:50:44 pm »

well the WooHoo worked for me!

Life is like a walking cat ~ Nanami Feung Hanfanyo & Akihito Wan Kangino  (my mother & father)

In memory of my mother & father Nanami Feung Hanfanyo & Akihito Wan Kangino who both died May 9 1:37 AM *CRY SOD
Simz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2008, 08:57:07 pm »

Ok, it's working fine but I can't keep stuff removed, any help?Huh??

Within my soul.
~Raven
HugeLunatic

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2008, 08:53:29 am »

When you select the remove, it won't save it.  That function was never implemented.  And when you want to install you have to individually select each item anyway, so its not necessary to remove items.

Simz

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2008, 10:49:36 am »

But then how do I upload? When a creator like General Zoi says we can't upload her meshes how do we extract them??

Within my soul.
~Raven
HugeLunatic

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2008, 11:26:03 am »

So your trying to package a sim?  Or a lot?  Or a recolor of an object?

Either with a sim or house, you need to remove everything from your downloads folder but the items used.  Then package it.  The program does not save.

If you have an intel mac partitioned with windows, you can use parallels and then use clean installer to remove unwanted items.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: