Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 04:36:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Second Sims 2 Game  (Read 1269 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Fini-Nevermore
« on: August 20, 2007, 02:33:07 pm »

I have heard about people that have a second sims 2 game on another account.  How could I do that, if anyone knows?  Also, could the second game be an earlier version?
MissLoaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 03:04:10 pm »

The so-called second game on another user account addresses a different My Documents folder, while using the same core files of the game.

So if you modified those core files, the changes should be noticable even on a second account.
But due to a blank My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads etc. folder, you can have a cc-free, fast loading game while leaving your fully equipped one safe and sound.

I don't know about running different EPs though, sorry.

Competed in Star Trek: Intrepid (Capt. Matthew L. Thornton, winner CO positon) - Come join our roleplay!

"X-Men - Mutant Adventures" RPG

Time Zone Converter Link 1 or Link 2
[/font]
Lady Moiraine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 08:11:16 am »

When my son was playing the Sims2, he had his own desktop(user account) on my computer.  He would have his own folder in My Documents, different from mine.  It worked out well, because he tried more hacks than I did and I didn't want his hacks in my game.  It worked just fine except it took way too much room on my hard drive.  When he lost interest in the game, I just deleted his account and got the space back in my hard drive that I needed.

If you need to know how to set up a separate user account, just let me know.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: