Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 02:49:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: I hope this is in the right place...:O  (Read 4272 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lexxia

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2007, 04:09:09 pm »

I couldn't find anywhere else to put this, so hope it's okay!

OK, so Inteeminator is causing problems with my bodyshop, because of it bodyshop won't open. So, I want to uninstall Inteeminator but I don't know how to.
Can anyone help or show me a place that answers my question?

THANKS.
-Lexx

Call me Lexx, yeah?

Help hungry children: In one click. Use the tabs and click to help raise literacy, save the rainforest, feed pets and more.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 04:22:40 pm »

Inteenimater does nothing with Bodyshop.  You've got a different problem.  But if you want to delete Inteen, for whatever reason, click on the My Documents icon on the Desktop, click to EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads and delete the 6 Inteenimater files, plus any Flavor Packs you have installed.
lexxia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 07:08:53 pm »

Oh, well I did hack detection and it said all the inteem files were a possible threat, and I didn't have any problems with it before I downloaded inteeminator. Any ideas what the problem is?

Call me Lexx, yeah?

Help hungry children: In one click. Use the tabs and click to help raise literacy, save the rainforest, feed pets and more.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 07:41:41 pm »

When Bodyshop doesn't load, it's most probably a mesh that requires an EP you don't have.  Begin by deleting My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\cigen.package and groups.cache.  If that doesn't start up Bodyshop, it is a bad mesh you have to track down.
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 09:50:09 pm »

could be a corrupt custom sim file also

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
lexxia

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 09:59:37 pm »

Grrrr....

I deleted both of the files ancienthighway told me about. Didn't work.
I removed my downloads folder temporarily. Didn't work.
I removed my SavedSims folder temporarily. Didn't work.

What is wrong with my computer??

Call me Lexx, yeah?

MissLoaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 05:18:08 am »

Did you check in TaskManager if the Bodyshop process starts at all?

Competed in Star Trek: Intrepid (Capt. Matthew L. Thornton, winner CO positon) - Come join our roleplay!

"X-Men - Mutant Adventures" RPG

Time Zone Converter Link 1 or Link 2
[/font]
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 09:12:14 am »

You can also try and delete the CASthumbnail.package file located in the Thumbnails folder.
lexxia

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 11:55:25 am »

I deleted the CASthumbnail, and I opened up the processes for Windows Task Manager, and I thought it was going to work because my computer was being all slow like it did when I started Bodyshop previously. So Bodyshop was on the processes, and it got to about 24,000K and then stopped.

...what does it want from me???

Call me Lexx, yeah?

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 12:09:55 pm »

Try to move your downloads folder and see if bodyshop would open without it
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 12:20:06 pm »

What I've seen you do so far...
You've deleted cigen.package, groups.cache, CASthumbnail.package, moved Downloads and SavedSims out of the game.  Still nothing on Bodyshop.

How are you starting your Bodyshop?  From a shortcut, quick start, or menu?  When new EPs are installed, shortcuts and quickstart links aren't always updated.  Starting Bodyshop from the Start Menu and newest (by release) EP should work every time though.

Bad meshes or other downloads appear to be ruled out by removing the two folders.  Check also to be sure you don't have another folder under The Sims 2 that contains CC.  Doing a search for .package with Windows Explorer should bring up all package files and folders.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 12:23:32 pm by ancienthighway » Logged
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 12:29:29 pm »

Your 1st born child...

Download the Clean installer from here http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/

Run it to find all hacks in your game. They show up as red. then you can delete the ones you do not want.
You can also check for more CC in anyother Files this way and move them.

However Miss is right inteen would do nothing to Body shop. you have a bad file some where.

try this. go to start/my docs/ EA games/ The sims/ take out Saved sims and downloads.

Run BS. Make sure you are running it from the newest EP you have installed.

If that is still not working I would say you need to reinstall the last EP. I dont think you would have to install all of them just the last one you installed. Just back up your game and you Lots so you dont lose your sims. I dont recall how to do that I think you go to Start/My PC/ Doc's and settings. and I think you just save the Whole EA Games file.

:happy8:A closed mouth gathers no foot. :smile:
resistance is futile you will be assimilated
lexxia

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 02:41:05 pm »

OK. Ran clean installer...deleted everything red AND pink. Started Bodyshop, it loaded to 24,000K and stopped. Once Again.

I also ran Bodyshop from the start menu instead, which did the same thing. By the way, I forgot to mention some backround stuff. OK, when I installed Seasons, Bodyshop didn't work. So I searched around and got Seasons Bodyshop by going to Program files, EA games, Seasons, CSBin, and then I moved the shortcut for Bodyshop from the menu to my desktop. I ran it, and then it worked.

Then, about a week or more passed in which I downloaded a bunch of stuff. I tried to run it again and it didn't work. SO, I think it's a download problem. So I did the search like ancienthighway told me to and it found 9170 files, all in a huge range of folders, some in like subfolders of TSData and weird stuff like that.

And nova-storm I am thinking of reinstalling but it worked at one point! I really don't wanna risk losing everything and taking a ton of time to back my files up, so I want to try to figure out another way first.

Call me Lexx, yeah?

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2007, 03:15:37 pm »

Did you ever try deleting the "Accessory.cache" file (along with the "groups.cache" one) in your "C:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2" folder?  That's also a common one that can get corrupted.  If that doesn't work, well... that's a real stumper.  :?

lexxia

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2007, 03:39:33 pm »

Deleted it.
Of course, it didn't work.

...*kills self*

It keeps doing that same thing, it'll load to around 24,000k and stop.

Call me Lexx, yeah?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: