Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 06:44:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Resolved: Help!!  (Read 2842 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BlaqJayd

View Profile WWW
« on: August 21, 2007, 08:07:11 pm »

I wanna update my inimenator but I cant because a long time ago I downloaded a lot from the exchange that put insimenator in my game. Now i dont know what its called and its somewhere in my downloads folder. and every time i download the insimenator my game acts all wierd and I know I have to remove previous ones to update but I cant find it in my downloads folder yet insim is in the game.
help?

yes i'm back to haru..what can I say...HE'S HOTT!:love4: (even if he's only 14...)
tellmewhatyoumeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 08:09:27 pm »

Hmm...Try searching it. Or, if you have the Clean Installer, it will show up as a red lined item. Hope this helps!

you learn that you don't have the right to demand love on your terms, just to make you happy
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 08:46:34 pm »

From what I understand in the InSimenator thread you must also remove it from the lot or any lots it is in first, then from the D/L folder before you put a different EP version of it in your game. If I am mistaken about this please feel free to correct me. Good luck hun.

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 10:02:54 pm »

Quote from: purplekat;893399
... a long time ago I downloaded a lot from the exchange that put insimenator in my game...

The evils of the Exchange.  

Mods that are installed through a lot download aren't found with the original name.  Instead the name will be a 32 character string of numbers and letters (a-f).  The best way to help find this old version of InSim is to use Clean Installer to recursively browse your download folder.  Sort by type then.  Look for any and all 32 character string file names that don't have a type assigned.  Hightlight them, then right click to disable them.  This changes the file extension to .off so they won't be read by the game.  You should be able to install InSim then.

If you want, you can later go through the .off files to see if there's anything there you want to keep, or just use Windows Explorer to delete them all.
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 11:00:15 pm »

hehe what they forgot to tell you was where to get the clen installer Wink
http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/

all hacks show up in Red. all files you have more then one of show up in Pink you can delete all the pink and any hacks you want.

:happy8:A closed mouth gathers no foot. :smile:
resistance is futile you will be assimilated
BlaqJayd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 02:42:43 pm »

Thank yall soo much! it worked!:worship:

yes i'm back to haru..what can I say...HE'S HOTT!:love4: (even if he's only 14...)
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 02:51:51 pm »

Quote from: nova-storm;893667

all hacks show up in Red. all files you have more then one of show up in Pink you can delete all the pink and any hacks you want.

What!! Never, I certainly won't delete any of my hacks :tongue:

*Hides her hacks away from Nova-storm hands*
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 03:10:01 pm »

** Making a note that Nova probably deleted part of her InTeen files so it won't work any more.
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 04:18:39 pm »

iF I did then I will come bug the hell out of you, You old goat!

BlaqJayd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 07:26:27 pm »

Hey hey! lets calm down before Nova-storm gets mad and deletes everyones hacks:D

nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 08:08:55 pm »

Oops to late you are all doomed Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: