Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 09:19:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seasons won't install!  (Read 1459 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MeanGreen

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2007, 09:54:56 pm »

When I put in disk one, everything seems to go okay until it get's around 61% complete. I keep getting an error message that says:

A problem occurred when trying to transfer the file 'D:\TSBin\ijl15.dll'

Do you want to retry to copy the file, or cancel the installation?

Can anyone help me? Is there a way to maybe manually download and install that damn stubborn file or something?
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 09:03:08 am »

is this a reinstall? if so, there are files from the original install in your program files in a Seasons folder. delete those files. when you reinstall it will make a new folder for the new install. if this is not a reinstall, then I do not know what to tell you.
ahmird2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 05:50:09 pm »

If F:\ is your CD drive then the file is located in this path:  F:\TSBin
Without terminating the installation copy that file to where it's supposed to go, then click retry.  On my machine the installed file is here:  D:\PROGRAMS\Games\Sims2\Seasons\TSBin\  -Anyway it goes in the TSBin folder in the directory that Seasons is installing in.  It is possible that windows will generate an error message when trying to do so.  That most likely means the CD is damaged (I have good luck with those CD repair kits).  The file is only 344kb so it is likely that you will have the same problem with another file the installer tries to copy (depending on how big the scratch is).  You would do the same thing with that file if you can.  You would have to know where the file is supposed to go though.  Anyone who has the game installed could track down the file and tell you this information.  In such a situation you can always PM me here (or at The WorkShop if you want a timely response) and I'd be happy to do this.  You may have to replace the CD if this does not work - It costs $15 (US).  There are phone numbers in the tech support pages of the seasons manual and after repetitive attempts at navigating the automated answering machine you will eventually find an option where you can arrange for CD replacement.  The only other thing that might help you is if you can borrow or somehow acquire another Seasons CD, bootleg copy or not.  The bootleg copies work for installation but not for starting the game.  The game only checks one place on the CD to verify it is a legitimate copy of the game so chances are that your seasons CD will still work to start the game, in fact I'm sure of it as if that is the first file the installer is generating an error over then the place on the CD the game checks is still in tact.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: