Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:06:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims can't read  (Read 1999 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
dlockett61

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2007, 09:53:04 am »

I have nightlife.
For some reason, my sims can read a book, but they cant study cooking etc.
And I finally found out about the wardrobe adjuster for my clothes so should I just use that all the time? I worked wonders, I was having a problem putting separates in my game, when I put in separates my everyday catogory would disappear from my dressers, but when I would download whole outfits and everything else my everyday category would be there, I still don't understand why it does that but Im happy with the results of the wardrobe adjuster.
Now I just need help figuring out why my sims can't study.
I do have hacks and lots of food in my game and I'm hoping thats
not the problem.:scratch:
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 10:32:43 am »

Well you could start by checking if all the mods you are using are the appropirate version for the ep you have.

Then use the hack detection tool found at http://www.simwardrobe.com to check if any are conflicting with each other.

You can use the clean installer found at MTS2 too.  It will display all the downloads you have install.  Hacks will appear in red, duplicates in pink.

If you end up updating a few mods or remove some, start the game and check if all is working ok.  If not, it could be a cc bookshelf causing a problem or a mod that is not the right version for your ep.  I suggest you test with Maxis bookshelf so normally all the options will appear.

If you still encounter the problem, totally remove your downloads folder and check if the game runs ok without it.  If so, you will need to cut your downloads folder in 2 and play with each half too found the faulty cc causing problem.

If you are using cc careers, they could be the cause too.

Keep cutting it in half until you isolate the faulty cc.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 10:37:28 am by MissDoh » Logged
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 10:45:49 am »

Also, i know this sounds stupid but i do it all the time, when you look in the dresser under every day cloths and do not see it, what kind of clothes do you have on at the moment? If you have every day clothes on, you will not see that as an opption. YOu have to change out of them to see it listed. If you are trying to change the style of your everyday clothes you have to plan outfit then change in to  say Undies then in to everyday cloths to see the ner outfit. Like I said sounds dumb but I do it all the time. lol I will look in my dresser and think " HUmm Where are my undies..." and she is standing there in them ROFL

:happy8:A closed mouth gathers no foot. :smile:
resistance is futile you will be assimilated
dlockett61

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 11:08:45 am »

This is what I do.
I find an outfit that I like and I download it.
I go into the game, buy it and when I check the dresser, it only says formal undies etc. everyday is not there, so I go back out delete the new file and everyday is there. But someone suggested the wardrobe adjustor and everything works great now.
So what you're saying is, change into undies first, then plan outfit and then I should be able to pick out the new outfit?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 11:11:53 am by dlockett61 » Logged
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 11:14:00 am »

you can gve it a try. I am thinking you are in everyday when you look in your dresser. Well that is what happens to me anyway.

:happy8:A closed mouth gathers no foot. :smile:
resistance is futile you will be assimilated
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 11:16:24 am »

I go into the game, buy it and when I check the dresser, it only says formal undies etc. everyday is not there, so I go back out delete the new file and everyday is there

This sounds like a mod problem.  I know some of Squinge mods found on the adult site could cause this if you were not using the correct version.  He even updated some because of that problem.

Check what mod you have that are affecting clothes in any way.
dlockett61

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 12:52:27 pm »

I have quite a few of his mods that I got from this site. I'm going to use to use the clean installer and disable them then put them back one by one and see if that works. I just hope its not one that I really like.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 01:41:15 pm »

YOu should be able to find an updated one that will work, just go look on the insim adult site.
dlockett61

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 01:43:48 pm »

Thanks for all of your suggestions, I found the culprit!! it was a hacked bookcase that I downloaded a while ago.
Again, thank you so much for your help.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 02:00:07 pm »

You are welcome, glad it was that easy to found espacially if you have many downloads. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: