Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 03:34:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help dealing with posters!!!  (Read 2866 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SouthernBelle82

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2007, 12:19:10 pm »

Okay so I downloaded some wallpaper posters for my Sims from modthesims2 and I have all the meshes and whatnot so when I go into my game to put the pictures on my wall they aren't there.  If you're wondering I'm putting all of them in my downloads folder.  So why aren't they showing up??  I would really love some help please.  Thanks in advanced.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 08:07:08 pm »

If you mean murals, they are in the wallpaper section and will appear in sections.  Usually a mural is made from 3 to 5 wall sections, some might be larger.
SouthernBelle82

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 11:58:01 pm »

You didn't answer anything dealing with my question.  

Quote from: MissDoh;895142
If you mean murals, they are in the wallpaper section and will appear in sections.  Usually a mural is made from 3 to 5 wall sections, some might be larger.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 12:20:01 am »

She answered you in the best way she knew how. As a matter of fact, I thought you meant murals as well, so yes, she did answer your question.

try posting a link to what exactly you downloaded and maybe we can help you figure it out, since your question isn't clear.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 03:49:18 am »

FWIT, Considering the wording of the question, it looked like a good answer to me.

Wallpapers don't take meshes.  So it's anybody's guess whether you mean a wallpaper or picture/poster.  Wallpaper poster sure sounds like a mural.  Then there's the whatnot.  You may know what you mean by whatnot, but you are probably the only one.

Pose a crappy worded question and 1.) be happy anyone tried to understand what you were asking and answered, and 2.) don't flame the person that did answer.

If you are really asking about the multi square posters, you probably need CEP for the recolors to show up in addition to the meshes.  They'd be found under paintings.  All you have to do is figure out which painting the go through the recolors of it.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 11:36:10 am »

Thanks for your support guys. *Hug*

And sorry I tried to help, I really thought you meant murals.  Be a bit more specific next time or as suggested, give a link to the download so we understand what you mean and can help properly.

In the meantime, make sure you do have cc enable in your game and get the CEP recolor program.
SouthernBelle82

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 11:58:09 am »

Sorry but no.  They answered where to find the posters at the website and that's not what I asked.  I was saying that I've downloaded the posters into my 'downloads' folder and when I go into my game to add them to my walls they're not there.  That's my question.  Why aren't the posters that I downloaded showing up in my game?

Quote from: caffeinated.joy;895483
She answered you in the best way she knew how. As a matter of fact, I thought you meant murals as well, so yes, she did answer your question.

try posting a link to what exactly you downloaded and maybe we can help you figure it out, since your question isn't clear.
SouthernBelle82

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 12:00:41 pm »

I specifically said "posters."  I don't believe they're the same thing as murals.  So I was pretty specific already.  If you had a question about what I meant instead of assuming next time just ask whether I mean posters or murals (even though I already did say that).  And who said I was "flaming you"?  I did no such thing so please don't act like it's some big deal.  None the less I'll try the CC Enable and see if that fixes the problem.  Thanks.

Quote from: MissDoh;896038
Thanks for your support guys. *Hug*

And sorry I tried to help, I really thought you meant murals.  Be a bit more specific next time or as suggested, give a link to the download so we understand what you mean and can help properly.

In the meantime, make sure you do have cc enable in your game and get the CEP recolor program.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 12:34:07 pm »

Joy asked for a link to the posters so she could help you figure out how to solve your problem.  If you don't want to share that link, it makes it harder to help you.

Oh, take another look at the last paragraph in my post above.  It may have your solution.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 02:37:20 pm »

Southern, I meant the wall section in the build mode of your game.  I was never referring to a site, where did you got this strange idea?  So see, there you were assuming I meant a site when in fact I meant the wall section in the build mode.

Everyone can make mistake. Wink
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 03:35:18 pm by MissDoh » Logged
SouthernBelle82

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 02:38:03 pm »

Well I did say I downloaded the posters from modthesims2.com  There were a good number of posters I downloaded and since they have all the same instalation process just going to the poster/wallpaper section of the downloads there would be fine.  I finally installed the CC Enabler and now all of the posters show up and work properly.  Thanks to everyone who helped.

Quote from: ancienthighway;896099
Joy asked for a link to the posters so she could help you figure out how to solve your problem.  If you don't want to share that link, it makes it harder to help you.

Oh, take another look at the last paragraph in my post above.  It may have your solution.
ahmird2

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 06:28:35 pm »

MissDoh, am I understanding correctly when you say: murals are in the wallpaper section and will appear in sections?  -What I get from this is there is some category in build mode containing wallpapers that take up more than one wall section.  If so I have never noticed this and I'll be sure to check it out next time I use the game (which is not very often at all these days).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: