Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 05:26:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Arrr! Pirates!  (Read 17613 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
dano

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2007, 10:12:58 am »

Tired of your buff guys getting skinny when they dress as pirates?  Well, I was, so I made these three outfits.  They are the standard Maxis meshes that I modified so that they matched the proportions for the athlete, slim bodybuilder, and bodybuilder.  They come with the standard black, blue, and red coats.  I experimented and found out that any outfit based on these should work.  If you have any of the fancier Pirate stuff from besen, Dr. Pixel, or Sussi, you can use BodyShop to convert them.

Enjoy!

dano

* Pirate-Athlete.rar (1021.2 KB - downloaded 1249 times.)
* Pirate-Bodybuilder.rar (1023.67 KB - downloaded 1758 times.)
* Pirate-SlimBB.rar (1021.82 KB - downloaded 1486 times.)

* pirate-am02.jpg (24.75 KB, 280x342 - viewed 3006 times.)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 11:30:44 am by dano » Logged
tallsimsfan77

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 01:52:15 pm »

Thanks, man.  I've been looking for something like this for quite sometime. =D

Sigs are for smokers.
kim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 04:50:30 pm »

Nice Job

MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 05:48:46 pm »

Cool... Thanks for sharing! Im a little curius, is there a TUT somwhere with instructions to do what you did? On other bodyshapes I mean. Sorry I am new to meshing (working with mesh combos at the moment).

Checkout my Creations & Please read  My Policy , thank you in advance.
Brandihud

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 07:12:03 pm »

Thank you Dano, great idea!
Anjelstar76

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 07:29:50 pm »

Ooh!  Thank you very much for these! Smiley
stickman1676

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 07:47:56 pm »

Thank you very much.  These are great.
jmtmom

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 08:06:10 pm »

Fantastic! I have been wanting this for ages. Thank-you so much. Any interest in doing the same for the long goth coat?
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 08:31:26 pm »

Oh Sweet Saviour!  Dano, You are a beautiful, beautiful man!  Thank you for doing this!  These are things on the never-ending to-do list and God bless you for making it 3 items shorter!  I love you!!

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Jackson

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 09:16:00 pm »

You rock.... any chance to get one for the huge body builder?
dano

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 08:20:06 am »

Quote from: MixdCrysy;896644
Cool... Thanks for sharing! Im a little curius, is there a TUT somwhere with instructions to do what you did? On other bodyshapes I mean. Sorry I am new to meshing (working with mesh combos at the moment).

Not that I know of, but I can tell you how I did it.   I used SimPE and Milkshape & did it in two stages.

I extracted the athlete gmdc from the package with SimPE & imported it into Milkshape with wes_h's importer.   Then I clicked on the "Groups" tab & renamed the group from body to athlete-body;  that's important for later.  Then I exported it as a OBJ file.   That removes the bone assignments, but I didn't need them.

Next, I opened SimPE & started a new package.  Then I used the PSJ mesh extractor to gather the 4 resources for the "ambodypirate" mesh.   I extracted the gmdc & imported it into Milkshape.  Then I also imported the athlete OBJ.    

You'll notice after this step that there are two groups - body & athlete-body.  From then on I repeated these steps:
  • used the hide button in the Groups tab to hide the athlete-body group
  • selected some vertices in the pirate body I wanted to move
  • unhid the athlete-body
  • moved the pirate's vertices until they were in the right places

Once I got something I liked, I deleted the athlete-body, exported the mesh with wes_h's exporter, and replaced the gmdc with SimPE.

Doing it that way helped me avoid importing duplicate bones & made it easier to remove the athlete body when I was finished with it.  It sounds more complicated than it is, I think.
dano

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 08:25:09 am »

Quote from: jmtmom;896888
Fantastic! I have been wanting this for ages. Thank-you so much. Any interest in doing the same for the long goth coat?

I'll check it out.  I think the next mesh I'd like to try is the standard vampire outfit with the cape.

dano
dano

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 08:26:55 am »

Quote from: Jackson;896957
You rock.... any chance to get one for the huge body builder?

Thanks.  I haven't downloaded the HBB yet.  I probably should for the sake of completeness.  I'll keep you posted.   If I do get it done, I'll update this thread.
jmtmom

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 10:59:28 am »

Buff vampires, that sounds great! Don't feel any obligation to do anything unless you want to. Thanks for the instructions too. If I feel brave enough, I may try it sometime.
Jackson

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 02:02:27 pm »

I have to give your explanation a try... I am very interested in creating meshses... but nervouse about messing up my game...
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: