Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 03:12:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Scarlett Johansson Ver.2  (Read 15110 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
summersong86

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2007, 05:14:54 pm »

I like the nose and cheeks on your first one, and the eyes on your second one.  Either one looks to me like Scarlett and would have gotten accepted a few months ago.  I've been away for a few months and am very confused as to what MTS2 wants from us these days or why things have changed.  I always felt art is a very subjective and fluid thing and after careful reading of tons of comments on my own and other celeb sims, I have come to the realization we all see things differently and different artists interpret their vision of a celeb differently and bring unique things to their creations.  Thus, I have no problem having say...12 different artists' Angelina Jolies in my game.  I love and play them all and appreciate different qualities in each of them.  They all focus on something different about Angelina. Which is why I am in disagreement over the limit they have on versions of celebs.  They have some really old outdated versions of certain celebs that don't reflect advances made in custom content, meshes, skills, etc.  Why should newer and beautiful versions be locked out due to a quota?

Also I think sometimes too much stress is placed on engineering-like precision and accuracy and not enough on artistic vision. For example, Regina is my celeb sim goddess...lol.  There have been a few of her celebs that weren't dead on accurate, but they were such works of art my jaw would just hit the floor looking at them.  It pains me to think I might be denied her artistry because they failed to meet some of the new MTS2 accuracy criteria.  Fortunately, she has her own site and her own location here.

Both of your Scarlets are beautiful, artistic, and strong enough portrayals of what makes the actress so appealing that I know who she is without having to look at the title.  I refuse to be sucked into measuring the angle of her nose...LOL! I love her, I'm gonna play her in my game when I get the chance.  Thank you to bringing her to sim life.
SolidGoldFunk
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2007, 11:53:23 pm »

You could be right summersong. I've been trying to compare the two and it seems that if you put them both together you might have the perfect SJ (although I thought the first one was perfect) That's why I don't like to redo celebrities because they seem to change too much in my eyes. With the first one, did you only have the 3 pictures that you have here? I can't see why you had to redo her in the first place. To me you were dead on. But, like I said in the other post, you should not sweat MTS2. They said they aren't accepting SJ's anymore, unless the resemblance is pure perfection. They have a whole list believe it or not.

Go to this link. That is a sim by Regina S. There is also one by thesimssi2 and I think yours is more accurate than both. Both of these artists are great at making celebrities but  they are not always accurate. I would not even sweat MTS2. If you think it looks like who it's supposed to be and you put a lot of work into it, and it still gets rejected, then I wouldn't worry about it. You are a talent, and I think you should only redo celebrities if you think you can do a better job. It's an art and in my opinion you're very good at it:)

SolidGoldFunk
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2007, 11:57:04 pm »

Here is the list... Sorry it's so long, but just in case you haven't read it.

"We are no longer accepting this celebrity"

There are a handful of celebrities that we have on this web site that have many many versions. Most of the popular actors and singers. Do not be offended if you recieve this message. But we cannot have 20 of the same celebrity on this site when there are very well made ones already available. The exception to this rule is those that have already made a celebrity and are releasing an improved version, or one that is so dead on perfect that it outdoes the ones available.

The following celebrities are no longer accepted here: (alphabetically by last name - list will be updated)

Individuals:
  • Christina Aguilera
  • Billie Joe Armstrong
  • Aaliyah
  • Jennifer Aniston
  • Jessica Alba
  • Kristen Bell
  • Alexis Biedel
  • Beyonce
  • Sandra Bullock
  • Orlando Bloom
  • Kate Beckinsale
  • Halle Berry
  • Mischa Barton
  • James Callis
  • Lara Croft
  • Jennifer Connelly
  • Tom Cruise
  • Elisha Cuthbert
  • Cameron Diaz
  • Johnny Depp
  • Colin Farrell
  • Sarah Michelle Gellar
  • Jennifer Garner
  • Tricia Helfer
  • Paris Hilton
  • Angelina Jolie
  • Scarlett Johansson
  • Keira Knightley
  • Jennifer Lopez
  • Lindsay Lohan
  • Adriana Lima
  • Lucy Liu
  • Evangeline Lily
  • Amy Lee
  • Marilyn Manson
  • Christina Milian
  • Marilyn Monroe
  • Wentworth Miller
  • Brad Pitt
  • Natalie Portman
  • Christina Ricci
  • Julia Roberts
  • Nicole Richie
  • Trent Reznor
  • Ashlee Simpson
  • Jessica Simpson
  • Shakira
  • Gwen Stefani
  • Charlize Theron
  • Dita von Teese
  • Liv Tyler
  • Ville Valo
  • Gerard Way
  • Elijah Wood
  • 50 Cent

summersong86

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2007, 04:51:46 am »

Jeez, I didn't even know even ONE Dita von Teese was on MTS2.  I will have to look her up, she's a hoot! The problem I have with a list like that is that basically a restricted number of people are saying what is THE definitive version of a celebrity and that the invitation to bring your vision to the table is closed...door slammed shut...the end.  I as a downloader would prefer to make that decision for myself....or not...as I said, I certainly can use and enjoy equally more than one version.   As an uploader, I've received pm comments that they want my Sarah Michelle Gellar back or an update even though I refer them to what I consider better versions by other artists.  They say they just prefer the one I made.  Maybe it just goes better with their graphics settings...who knows.  

Well I guess I'm getting WAYYY off topic.  I say, as for the two Scarlets--why do we have to choose between them?  Keep both available and let us pick.  I have 3 very different neighborhoods and cities to populate, plus a couple I haven't really got going yet and are just in the planning stages, in case my computer chokes on the 3 I'm building out.  Heck, give me half a dozen Scarletts to go!  And give me fries with that!

EDITED to add...did you happen to also make a Charlize Theron? Charlize always struck me as looking like she could be an older sister or cousin for Scarlett.  You did so well capturing Scarlett's sweet glamourous but reserved look...TWICE...LOL, that I would love to know if you've done a Charlize sim.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 04:58:20 am by summersong86 » Logged
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2007, 05:06:25 am »

Fabulous job!
JuliusCreations

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2007, 04:32:29 am »

she looks as pretty as the real one!!!! GREAT JOB ON YAH!!

julius
Molina

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2007, 10:18:03 am »

Quote from: SolidGoldFunk;904384

The following celebrities are no longer accepted here: (alphabetically by last name - list will be updated)

Individuals:
  • Christina Aguilera
  • Billie Joe Armstrong
  • Aaliyah
  • Jennifer Aniston
  • Jessica Alba
  • Kristen Bell
  • Alexis Biedel
  • Beyonce
  • Sandra Bullock
  • Orlando Bloom
  • Kate Beckinsale
  • Halle Berry
  • Mischa Barton
  • James Callis
  • Lara Croft
  • Jennifer Connelly
  • Tom Cruise
  • Elisha Cuthbert
  • Cameron Diaz
  • Johnny Depp
  • Colin Farrell
  • Sarah Michelle Gellar
  • Jennifer Garner
  • Tricia Helfer
  • Paris Hilton
  • Angelina Jolie
  • Scarlett Johansson
  • Keira Knightley
  • Jennifer Lopez
  • Lindsay Lohan
  • Adriana Lima
  • Lucy Liu
  • Evangeline Lily
  • Amy Lee
  • Marilyn Manson
  • Christina Milian
  • Marilyn Monroe
  • Wentworth Miller
  • Brad Pitt
  • Natalie Portman
  • Christina Ricci
  • Julia Roberts
  • Nicole Richie
  • Trent Reznor
  • Ashlee Simpson
  • Jessica Simpson
  • Shakira
  • Gwen Stefani
  • Charlize Theron
  • Dita von Teese
  • Liv Tyler
  • Ville Valo
  • Gerard Way
  • Elijah Wood
  • 50 Cent

Why aren't they accepted?

I ♥ Missaldith :albino:

Quote from: BrokenPrincess;974577
I love Molina!
♥_♥
The "Get Alfred Molina More Leading Roles" Petition!
SolidGoldFunk
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2007, 10:27:18 am »

I think because too many people have done them already. The only way they will accept them is if the resemblance is dead on.

Molina

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2007, 10:33:17 am »

Oh okay o.O

well she did good on her anyway

I love Molina!
♥_♥
SolidGoldFunk
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2007, 10:37:27 am »

Yeah, I know. Her version is way better than the other ones they have there.

Molina

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2007, 10:40:15 am »

x2...

I love Molina!
♥_♥
n8h@wk

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2007, 04:01:33 pm »

Actually it's a good likeness. Don't worry about being rejected at MTS2. I've tried three times to upload some shirts and rejected all three times due to various things (too black, too bright, logos on shirt not realistic enough, quality not good enough). Although I think mine were better than some I've seen posted there. MAYBE I'll try here at some point, but a person can only take so much rejection... Thanks for Scarlett.
Molina

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2007, 04:07:06 pm »

Quote from: n8h@wk;996076
Actually it's a good likeness. Don't worry about being rejected at MTS2. I've tried three times to upload some shirts and rejected all three times due to various things (too black, too bright, logos on shirt not realistic enough, quality not good enough).

Mod the sims is retarded, they reject you for such stupid reasons

I love Molina!
♥_♥
mchaus

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2007, 01:10:47 am »

your work is great! thank u so much
bzoo6969
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2007, 03:42:31 pm »

I agree, the sim looks amazing, but her lower jaw area is a little on the thin side, almost too pointy... other than that, GREAT WORK!!! Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: