Insimenator.org
April 30, 2024, 03:32:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Neighborhood Terrains  (Read 3149 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Arialonomus

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2007, 07:17:01 pm »

I didn't know where to post this, so I posted it here, if you have installed Seasons than you will have noticed how the terrains have majorly changed. I understand by reasonable deduction that this was to interact the terrains with the weather (mainly snow on ground).

Now I was tolerable of this at first, but then for some reason my water had changed to an ugly solid blue lacking it's depth like id did with the previous features. Now I love my seasons EP too much to go and uninstall it, but is there some way to revert it back the templates from the original games and previous EPs?

Oh and here is an example of how my terrains of changed and how my water as changed:

Science makes everything sound painful.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 09:28:30 pm »

Are all your settings on the highest your computer will allow them to go?

Also, if your computer has the ability to use pixel shaders, try typing in "boolprop useshaders true" in the cheat console to see if that changes anything.  :angel:

One more thing:  Have you updated your DirectX and video drivers?

Arialonomus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 01:10:48 pm »

#1: Not quite sure, I know my game is on it's highest settings, but I haven't checked my computer.

#2: I'll try that. Edit: Tried it, didn't chaneg anything.

#3: I reformatted a couple weeks ago and haven't updated anything like DirectX, on't know where to do this though.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 03:58:27 pm by Arialonomus » Logged

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 07:10:36 pm »

:oops:  My bad.  I meant to type "Are your game settings the highest your computer will allow?"  Sorry for the mix-up...  :punch:  I guess that means it might have something to do with your video drivers or DirectX.

Here's the most recent update to DirectX 9.0c.

What type of video card/driver do you have?  (To find out, go to "Start >> Run", then type in dxdiag in the "Open:" line.  The DirectX Diagnostic Tool should come up, and when it does, click the "Display" tab.  Your computer's display adapter's name should appear in the "Device" box.)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 07:13:31 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

Arialonomus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 09:19:53 pm »

Ok, well I have a Raedon 7000 / RAEDON VE Family (I just typed what it listed for name)

And I've updated DirectX, so I'm going to go check now.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 07:55:39 pm by Arialonomus » Logged

Arialonomus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 07:55:33 pm »

No dice... um... I just learned something, it seems to change wit pets, I don't know if it's JUST pets, or not, but could someone direct me to the Pets Patch?

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 08:42:52 pm »

Here's the link for the patches they currently have:  http://thesims2.ea.com/update/?pid=Help_patches

Hope this helps you.  :angel:

Gen_Lee

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 02:38:42 am »

Im getting some pbl after instaling Pets and seasons.
 I used Gunmod until then.
 I removed it and restored original camara folder and everything went back to normal .
Arialonomus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 03:50:04 pm »

The patch didn'y help the problem (though I decided toi download em all and it fixed a few other game glitches, I didn't think about removing gunmods hack, so I'll try that this weekend.

Arialonomus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 05:26:16 pm »

Well GunMod's camera haack being removed fixed the problem I had with the water over lapping terrain, and now in a stupid attempt to fix it, my little brother uninstalled Pets (by using the Maxis uninstaller), and now I get this message saying something about make sure, tools or other programs arent running before you try to start the game, so I still haven't fixede the terrain issue. >.<

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007, 06:02:10 pm »

You may have a ghost TS2 running.  When you aren't running any of the TS2 products, that is the game, Bodyshop, Homecrafter, open up the task manager, click on the processes tab and see if you have any of those programs running.  If so, end the process.
Arialonomus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2007, 09:49:22 am »

Well, I couldn't end the process, but I restarted the computer, and I got back on, turns out, it must've started with pets and continued on to seasons, but hopefully in Bon Voyage it will fix, otherwise, I hate having these terrains!

Edit: Sorry, just in a bad mood... oh well.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: