Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 04:22:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mac User: Game Freezes Resulting in Forced Restart  (Read 2088 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
tntmac fans7

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2007, 11:51:53 am »

Hello, everyone! I have a minor issue that's occured since the beginning of time, when no expansion pack ever existed for The Sims 2. It has, of course, continued to pester me and my brother, even throughout University, Nightlife, Open for Business, and Seasons.

Occasionally—not always, but every once in a short while—the game decides to just freeze up, and there's nothing more to it. We can't do anything from that point; the game doesn't crash or anything. It just freezes, and despite all of our weary attempts at forcing the game to close, nothing renders a solution, leaving us with the only other option: to force-restart our computer by holding down the power button.

As this is an unhealthy way to shut off any computer, I truly hate to keep up the practice, and therefore would rather (for my computer's sake and my game's sake) have the freezing problem prevented.

I run my game on an Apple eMac G4. 1.25 GHz PowerPC, 512 MB RAM, ATI Radeon 9200. Though I don't have the required speed for Seasons, it's close enough and has actually performed better than any of the other EP's I've installed. Still, Season's is not the issue, because the game has been seizing up ever since the base game.

Anyone out there have a possible solution? I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for reading my Sims 2 woes! Take care, all! Cheesy

Tyler or Tommy Cheesy
web.mac.com/jgilbertproductions

Macs shall prevail!
Apples rule!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: