Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:43:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bewitched, Darren...Dick York  (Read 5970 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
summersong86

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2007, 05:44:28 am »

Vera Marina and I over at MTS2 were exchanging correspondence about what to do about a Darren for Samantha.  When she heard mine had been rejected (for valid reasons) she asked if I was going to try again or if she should try her hand at it.  I told her that if I found a way to improve my Darren I would upload him over here & she can take a look and decide if she wants to try to make her own version.

I have improved him enough to take a chance on releasing him. I don't think I can do any better without messing up the elements that DO work, so if Vera or anybody else wants to either improve my Sim or do their own from scratch & upload...please feel free and don't worry I'll feel "Jeez, don't they like my work?"  Those of you who know me from MTS2 know I've got one of the more easygoing attitudes about my stuff that you'll find.  

CREDITS:

Brow Ephemera 0814 Eyeberow by Teru k http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=244936

Eyes: Zoej's Kaya Eyes: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=245267

Maxis hair, Maxis Suit. Skintone by SummerSong 86.

Everything included as you see in the photo.

UPDATE: Vera Marina's Darren was approved over at MTS2 and can be found here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=1769989#post1769989.  He is AWESOME! I'll leave mine up in case anyone is interested in mine to morph into somebody else or for some reason prefers this one.  But just wanted you folks to know Vera's completed the couple and they're a gorgeous set!

* SS86_Dick_York_082707.zip (3344.42 KB - downloaded 282 times.)

* BewitchedDYork.jpg (60.64 KB, 1000x443 - viewed 712 times.)

* BewitchedDYorkandSam.jpg (54.25 KB, 815x435 - viewed 634 times.)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 10:21:45 pm by summersong86 » Logged
kim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 04:46:30 am »

Nice Job

Primavera

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 01:00:40 am »

Hi summer, I just put him in my game! Handsome fellow!
Thank's!
Vera marina
Jessica2020

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 04:36:47 pm »

Wow, Great job Summersong!!  It looks exactly like him!! He looks like he'd be extremely hard to sim!
summersong86

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 03:27:21 am »

Thanks, everyone.  He was hard to get "right".  I don't blame MTS2 for rejecting my first submission.  I agreed with them once I read the comments they gave me, I just didn't know at first how to fix the sim without making a bigger mess of it.  I actually fixed the sim while doing something else--one hand clicking the mouse and I was talking to my daughter and helping her with one of her toys with the other hand, and bam, fixed both the toy and the sim at the same time!  

Vera Marina is going to make her own version and when it's finished and uploaded at MTS2 I'll post a link to it so people can take their choice.  It might be nicer to wait and get her Darren because if it's done in her style it might match her Samantha better than mine.  

Like, even though I have my own Farrah, when I want to play all the Charlies Angels I use her Farrah with her other Angels and play my own Farrah in a different town living as essentially an entirely different character.  Speaking of which...I had better get in a few minutes of playtime before I go to bed.  I sacrifice sleep so I can get some sims time!  My daughter won't fall asleep until 2 a.m these days!  She's got molars coming in and is weepy and cranky.  My life is a living hell when she has teeth coming in.  I will be glad when they are all in.  I've got a gray hair for every single bleeping baby tooth that child has grown.

EDIT: Dang, I just noticed I'm not a Moo-Bunny anymore.  I kinda liked seeing myself as a Moo Bunny.  Oh well...
SolidGoldFunk
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 04:14:42 am »

You did a great job! I think you should try to submit him to MTS2 again as well. I think it's pretty accurate.

summersong86

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 04:46:37 pm »

Oh thanks. That is so sweet of you to say, SolidGoldFunk.  But I am happy having my sims up here.  I enjoy both communities for different reasons and I don't want to use up storage space and bandwidth putting one item up in two places.
SolidGoldFunk
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 01:11:49 am »

Yeah, I know what you mean. I only upload a few to more than one site. I usually upload here first because this community is so welcoming. I only have 2 sims at MTS2. I like uploading there though because the wizard is so easy:)

kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 05:46:57 am »

Fabulous job!
virgisa

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 12:07:00 pm »

awesome!! i already have them two in my game yayyy! Cheesy and what about Tabitha and Endora?? I need them too lol
tallsimsfan77

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 11:39:33 pm »

Great work. =D

And on a side note, the sim also looks a bit like the high school football coach.

Sigs are for smokers.
summersong86

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007, 07:40:08 pm »

Quote from: virgisa;934047
awesome!! i already have them two in my game yayyy! Cheesy and what about Tabitha and Endora?? I need them too lol

Last time I talked to Vera Marina before I went on vacation, she said she was going to make Endora.  She did make a Darren but his status is still a work in progress and she evidently is or was getting input from the MTS2 mods on him.    

There is now a Morning Glory Circle house for the show up on MTS2.  So now between Vera and me and the artist who made the house, everyone can have a nice Bewitched early seasons set.

A long time ago I had accidently made a Dick Sargent lookalike.  It's a shame I didn't save him.  It would have been funny to switch Darrens in game, as in the show.
sarajernigan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2007, 01:28:01 am »

Great likeness! He looks so hard to Sim. That's great that you fixed him with one hand....classic. Doesn't it figure?? Smiley

I know this is kinda really off topic, but what happened to your Sarah Michelle Gellar Sim? She's one of my favorites. I have her in my game, along with a back up of her in my separate download folder, and I have the cd of my download folder burned onto disc just in case...can you tell I never want to lose that Sim? My favorite Sim is her daughter she had in game with JamieLia's version of Tom Welling. I plan to post her sometime ... if I figure out how to...reading the directions meticulously I still will probably mess it up and be banned for life. I am such a technotard, so it might be awhile. lol. But she will have the SMG skintone you created (of course)!
summersong86

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2007, 11:08:42 pm »

I'm the queen of not being able to stay on topic so I don't mind your question.  The answer is one I'm just kind of embarrased about.  

I took her down because I had been promising to update her with a better crafted skintone and at the back of my mind I was aware of how stringent their MTS2 celebrity sim criteria is now, that I kind of just imploded and the more I tried to make my update nicer, the more I screwed it up.  I got upset with myself and in a fit of exasperation took down the one I had because it was annoying me to see it.

I think I've been hanging around my toddler and her friends too much--I'm throwing hissy fits these days.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: