Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:46:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help please????  (Read 1857 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kattan

View Profile WWW
« on: August 27, 2007, 08:13:34 am »

Okay, got a couple of little things that I could use an assist with....

1. Is there any way to change the name of a lot? What I mean is, I moved one of my college boys into a new lot then I moved his fiance in with him. I had hoped that when they married (the second guy is the one who proposed the marriage) that the lot would show them as Family X, but they show as Family Y (first guy's family name). I'd like to change it so they and the kids, who show in their panels as Family Member X, will show as said family in the startup screen.

2. I see lots of people use the wedding arch with replacement wedding garb or formal wear. I would like to do that with my sims as the Maxis defaults for wedding bug the hell out of me. How do I do that?

3. How hard is SimPE to work with? I've had people suggest I get it (I already have InSim and love it!!) but I'm leery about new programs for the most part. Any advice would be great!

Thanks in advance, and sorry for babbling forever!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 10:21:01 am by kattan » Logged

Join me at KatsukoSims for my various family stories.
SimPathology: home of the PSV* sims and Weirdsville.
*Pleasantview-Strangetown-Veronaville
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 11:42:03 am »

1, yes but you have to do it in SimPE, under 'Family Information' I think

2, one of the EPs changed it so sims wear their formal clothes instead

3, it depends on what you want to do in/with SimPE. I find it handy for editing things that I can't edit with InSIM (like last names). (stick to InSIM for changing first names, SimPE dosen't do it right)

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 12:32:32 pm »

One of the EPs, OFB I think, lets you change the name of the lot at the neighborhood screen when you click on the lot.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 03:28:10 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway;903392
One of the EPs, OFB I think, lets you change the name of the lot at the neighborhood screen when you click on the lot.

You can only change the name of the lot, not the family info related to it.

Like you have the Goth family living on the lot.  You moved in Dina Caliente and all the Goth are gone now.

When you load the lot, it will still say Goth eventhough no more Goth member are living there.

Is there a way to rename the family info so it is showing Caliente family instead of Goth.

1, yes but you have to do it in SimPE, under 'Family Information' I think

I never used that option before, do you know how to access it? I am using the 0.62 version.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 03:38:20 pm by MissDoh » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 04:38:04 pm »

My bad, I read the question wrong.  To change the displayed family name in SimPE:
1.  Load the neighborhood (Tools, Neighborhood, Neighborhood Browser).
2.  Highlight Family Information in the Resource Tree (left side window).
3.  Highlight the current family name in the Resource List (right side window).
4.  With the Plugin View selected, the FAMI Editor will display the family information.  Change the Name to the one you want displayed.  If you have multiple families of the current name because of children growing up and moving out, make sure you have the right family listed.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 08:47:26 pm »

Thanks Ancient, I will bookmark this post so I it will be handy when I need it again.
kattan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 10:08:59 am »

Awesome! Thanks so much. I just downloaded SimPE to my flashdrive (uh, kinda at work so not near the computer I game with) and I'll see about loading it up tonight. Thank you thank you!

Join me at KatsukoSims for my various family stories.
SimPathology: home of the PSV* sims and Weirdsville.
*Pleasantview-Strangetown-Veronaville
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: