Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 07:38:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Business section or no business section?  (Read 1535 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2007, 10:10:44 pm »

I've been wondering for a little while if there was real advantages of adding a business section to our hood.

Besides adding pre-made sims and pre-made business community lots and extra place to move sims in if we are out of place, are there any advantages in adding a business section like there are when you had a downtown (vampires, diva, slob and Mrs. Crumblebottom only show in downtown section) are there any dedicated NPC that will only appear in that section?

Are there options sims can do only if that section is added?  Like having managers or others.

I recently resetted my game and I am pondering weither or not I should add such a section in my neighborhood, I have plenty of package business lot I can put in main hood or even downtown so I am not sure if it is really needed or not.  Been a long time since I play the business part so I do not quite remember about the details of it.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 10:52:43 pm »

I've played without specific shopping or downtown neighborhoods for a long time.  Just the main and a rarely used university lot.  

1.  The shopping district adds no special NPCs.
2.  All player owned business functions are available whether the shopping district is added or not.  The only reason to add it is if you don't want to build your own shop, although, IMO, the prebuilt shops there are pretty crappy.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 11:02:36 pm »

thanks Ancient for the fast reply, it is what I was thinking but wanted to make sure.

I guess if I need extra space because my main hood is overcrowded I will create a cc business section so at least I won't end-up with extra sims but simply with more space and be able to place business lots there and move sims there too. Smiley
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 11:24:06 pm »

Sounds like a plan.  In fact very similar to one I've used in the past.  Lately I've been nuking the hood before getting that far.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: