Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:24:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Information request - CP, FM, Rio....  (Read 2992 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Reyn

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2007, 12:06:19 pm »

Okay, I tried keeping all the different sizes and seperates and I'll admit its just too much for my brain to keep sorted.  So, I want to just use the bodytypes [ pinup, rio, etc. ].

However, they don't come in separates, like blouses and pants and such.  [Or am I missing that? Smiley]

So, about what measurements would a pinup have?  I'm guessing 34d/38hips...but I could be wrong.

What about the others?

That way, I could have what tops and bottoms I couldn't live without, and still not have to wade through hundreds of effectively the same outfit.

Oh, and would anyone consider doing the seasons cowlneck sweater in the various body types?  I adore it and wear it alot, and yet, to do a self sim, a b just doesn't cut it :toothy7:

Fear the Fox of Fancifulness, for I shall cause attacks of....fancifulness.
A proud soldier in the Animal Army [ Click to learn how to enlist ]
A proud contributor to Free Sites[ Click to see my creations ]
Ariel Dursley, House Hufflepuff - Hogwarts Experience
You cannot take which is given freely, but you are free to look stupid trying.
Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 05:07:27 pm »

The named bodyshapes don't have the seperates.

There is another thread that has the measurements of the named bodyshapes listed. I don't remember the name of the thread but it is in Warlokk's section of the site.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 08:01:31 am »

Yup, like Al said, the "named" bodyshapes don't have separates outfits, because they all have a lot of modification to the waistline, and would not line up with the Maxis default waistline used in the Hi-Res Bodyshape series or the default sizes, nor with each other, so I opted to stick with the full-body outfits to reduce confusion, mostly because nothing other than CAS/Bodyshop has any way to sort, organize, or pretty much do anything with keeping the various sizes straight, so finding matching sizes when shopping would be a real pain.  As for the size comparison, I posted it in a thread around here somewhere... I'll see if I can find you a link.

Ah here it is... it was posted at the adult site, so I'll just paste my response:

Quote from: Warlokk
Hmm, well I haven't really done any scientific measurements or anything on the custom sizes, so I can really only guess... but I'd have to say it'd be something along the lines of:

CP: 36D-28-36
Rio: 34D-26-38
RenGal: 38D-32-42 (wild guess)
FM: 32C-24-32
BootyGal: 38DDD-30-42
PowerGirl: 36DDD-24-34

All these with the Maxis base being a 34B-28-34. Those sound about right to everyone? I'm mostly going from memory of when I made them, and how I adjusted the magnets for the various body parts... there's a lot more going on in each shape than just the measurements (tummy, thighs, etc) but that should be pretty close to start with.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 08:10:27 am by Warlokk » Logged

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
Reyn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 10:34:28 am »

Thanks!

I've found that unless the garment is very tight fitting [ in real life ] that the waist won't be super noticable.  Of course, on the other hand, some of my favorite tops are short.

And thanks for making the full bodyshapes - I really do get a headache trying to keep all the different pieces for the hips and chest organized, as much as I love having the options.  That's because I love changing my sims clothes, if I'm actually playing with them and not just testing my lots Cheesy

Fear the Fox of Fancifulness, for I shall cause attacks of....fancifulness.
A proud soldier in the Animal Army [ Click to learn how to enlist ]
A proud contributor to Free Sites[ Click to see my creations ]
Ariel Dursley, House Hufflepuff - Hogwarts Experience
You cannot take which is given freely, but you are free to look stupid trying.
sesimie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 05:35:46 am »

Yeah i actually prefer "fullbody" stuff.......Less to deal with = faster load times in games.

I cannot express how much i despise Bodyshop or CAS limitations!!

“Wait for the sign,To flick the switch of death,It's the beginning of the end......Sweat, chilling cold, As I watch death unfold,Consciousness my only friend” -Ride The Lightning by MetallicA
djslippyman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 05:08:23 pm »

If you are just starting Warlok shapes what i would recommend.........

If you can download the type of bodyshapes you want to use (Rengal, Rio) and the outfits they use all at once but to each in their own folder (with the meshes of course).  After that try adding each bodyshape to your game but ONE at a time.  Make a collection file in CAS for each shape for all 6 types of clothing and then exit and repeat for another bodyshape.  

Nothing worse than having to figure out if an outfit is Rengal, Rio, or  Pinup each time, its best to click on the Rengal collection icon and have all your Rengal outfits in one collection file and in one place.

:rant:

Cheesy Simposium The Ultimate Guide for Poses and Animations Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: