Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:26:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 2 Teen Style Stuff Pack rant  (Read 11164 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« on: September 01, 2007, 06:18:17 am »

Ok, after taking a good long look at the screen shots on the official site, I have to say that EA is really dragging rivers for bodies on this one.

Not a thing in it did I see that wasn't already made (and usually better) by many of the free artists in the Sims Community.  I strongly advise all of your purchasing addicts to stay clear of this one and turn your support to the many free artists in the community that were obviously ripped off to fill the CD for The Sims 2 Teen Style Stuff Pack.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Triple_sSs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 02:03:28 pm »

What?! EA is ripping off of free artists for the Teen Style Stuff Pack?! :-o

.....:angry1: Yep, they've finally stooped to a lower level. :-x

Btw, Yakov, why don't you give us some examples of comparisons of the EA stuff/CC to better prove what EA is "stealing?"
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 04:46:55 pm by Triple_sSs » Logged
Naima

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 03:08:40 pm »

I don't necessarily (sp?) think that EA is ripping off the stuff from free artists (but I could be wrong), but they don't realize that the free artists make stuff better than them and then EA tries to sell us crappy stuff that we already have better versions of from free artists. Oh well, I guess the pack may be good for those people who don't download custom content.

¤¤¤
1st Place MTB5 : Unity
2nd Place 7 Deadly Sims : Kimora[/SIZE]
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 06:27:25 pm »

heh, I like maxis/ea stuff (well, most of it) and I do plan to buy the teen stuff pack.

lets just say that my opinion on most custom content is different then yours

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 07:25:09 pm »

Since I started modding, I've removed all the CC from my game.  Still have mods I'd prefer not to play without, but everything else gone to improve load time.  With all the EPs and SPs except Pets and Holidays, I've had no problem finding descent clothing for my sims to wear.  I realized that 80%-90% of the CC clothing I had I never used anyway.  

Does Teen Stuff tickle my fancy?  At the moment no.  Maybe after I get a better idea of what is in it that may change.  And come on EA!  Your idea of preppy really smacks of bubblegum!
bre

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 11:23:28 pm »

Well, of course we have better cc. I'm not sure if I'll get it or not yet... from the screens I've seen, there's only one or two objects that struck my fancy. But this more of the same from maxis. A talented cc creator makes something and something similar miraculously shows up in the next pack.

Me on MTS2

(2nd) -  Olka Koval Wedding Makeover (tied), Newlyweds with Erica and David-Jacob, A Family Christmas with The Feldmans
(3rd) - Betty Goldstein Makeover
KristalRose

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 12:58:17 pm »

I've seen this happen too.  I have things that I downloaded somewhere that are very similar, and sometimes better quality, than the Maxis version that came out in a later SP or EP.  I think they visit many of the community sites and look at the top downloads for ideas.
tallsimsfan77

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 04:05:41 pm »

Yay for torrents, I guess. =D

Sigs are for smokers.
xoJessi

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 06:17:52 pm »

Some people don't download so I guess it's good for them. Smiley However I steer clear of EVERY stuff pack since I realize I can find it in the community.

My Sims Journal/Photo Album Come see what my sims are up to!

Real Sims
Sims Oasis
Succy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 09:41:13 am »

I personally appreciate the joys of officially supported content, because aside the fact that the meshes, textures, compatibilities (flashing blue stuff, menus, glitches, etc) are all top notch - they are also drama-free ("I take my toys and leave!!11").

And to top it off, I do like what the upcoming stuff pack has to offer. Smiley The goth and socialite themes are unlike anything I've seen made by the talented people of the community.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 09:47:30 am by Succy » Logged
KristalRose

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 05:39:30 pm »

I had decided to boycott the whole SP thing after FFS.  I thought that, while cute, it was not worth the money I had paid for it.  When GL came out, I said, '"I won't cave.  I will be strong."  Then, the community started making really cute clothes and recolors with the Maxis meshes, and then there was the hidden race-car themed set.  (Maxis turned around a released it online after Numerator did, but it was too late for me!)  So, they got my $20.  I resolved to be strong and not cave in again with celebration stuff came out, but guess what?  I held off buying that for a whole week of going to download sites and seeing, "Needs Celebration Stuff Pack" on the requirements.  H & M came out, and again I said, "This is mainly clothes!  My simmies have too many clothes as it is, and I hate Maxis Clothes anyway!"  I held off a whole 2 months or so, just got it two weeks ago because I kept seeing adorable clothes made with those Meshes.  So, yes, I hate the stuff packs.  If the CC wouldn't be so wonderful and make such awesome things off the stuff packs meshes, I'd have a few more $$$ in my wallet!  LMAO!  It's all your fault!  Wink
tallsimsfan77

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 07:50:07 pm »

Quote from: xoxk9;915113
Some people don't download so I guess it's good for them. Smiley However I steer clear of EVERY stuff pack since I realize I can find it in the community.

Glamour life was pretty much the only good one, but I also got Happy Holiday stuff.

Hey- they were gifts. Tongue

Sigs are for smokers.
taniaissimo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2007, 01:11:43 am »

I got to say I have got to the point where I have to much CC and started getting rid of things, and using the basic EA stuff. But mods are always a must lol

:brain:
Foxybaby

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2007, 06:10:27 pm »

Well I have to both agree & disagree with you there, BBB. I totally agree that they have erm..let's say "taken inspiration" from the community for this new pack. But the reason why we know this is because well, we know where to find it. I think they're doing it for the younger players, who a-may not be old enough to access some of the sites & b-their parents may not allow them to download things (parental control etc).

But, I'm a sucker and will buy it anyway.

Hidden~Secret

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2007, 08:35:37 pm »

um...where is this new stuff pack?I haven't seen it

If you waist time then you can't get that waisted time back no matter how hard you try.
(used to be ShiningStarSim)
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: