Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:53:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 2 Teen Style Stuff Pack rant  (Read 11167 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Osaga12
Loot Looker

It's that time again.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2007, 09:34:22 pm »

It's on the official site: http://thesims2.ea.com/about/sp6_index.php

There is no duty we undderate so much as the duty of being happy. - Robert L.S
Hidden~Secret

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2007, 09:48:34 pm »

wow just saw it and have to say it looks just like every other extention pack but this time it revolves more around teens I mean its ok but not what everyone would want

If you waist time then you can't get that waisted time back no matter how hard you try.
(used to be ShiningStarSim)
Bev in NY

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2007, 12:18:20 am »

Well my opinion on stuff packs is the few things i like in them really isn't worth what i pay for them....it would b nice if there was some way on the official site where u could just choose the things u would like and use without getting the things u r not that interested in....Oh! and not have to pay would b even nicer....i think they make enough money off us with the expansions....and i do buy the expansions cuz they give us new items but also game play where stuff packs don't so with that said i'm in no hurry to get this one either....

BEV
Succy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2007, 12:07:56 pm »

I'd still be interested to see comparison pictures for what was supposedly stolen from the community.
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2007, 03:40:21 pm »

As would I, Succy.

I personally like how this pack looks and I would definitely buy it if I have the money for it.

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
CynicalSim

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2007, 02:24:27 am »

I just hate how 80% of Maxis clothes makes the Sim women look like they shop at Hookers R Us.

*Some people only dream of angels; we held one in our arms.*
                        Remembering Jacob March 8 - 9, 1996
                   Our Angel: http://sids-network.org/fp/jacob.htm
AjaAja

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2007, 10:01:18 am »

Quote from: CynicalSim;933591
I just hate how 80% of Maxis clothes makes the Sim women look like they shop at Hookers R Us.

:laughing: I remember thinking that same thing when I was creating a family, and couldn't find anything appropriate for them to wear.

I don't know about "Stuff Packs", and I have honestly been boycotting them from the start. They used to just add it to the next expansion pack or provide free on-line, but now I think they are a bit out of line. And don't they have a lot more Stuff Packs than expansions? It's just a easier way for them to make money. I mean I've been tempted to buy them too, but only because some Custom Content seems to require them. They've become drunk off their money, and want more and more. I'll probably still buy expansions because I already have Sims 2, but it really makes me leery of Sims 3 that is supposed to come out soon... I just wish (but doubt) that they'll read these forums, and get up off their jewel-encrusted thrones.

Also people keep saying "stealing"; they didn't really steal anything, they just made something that was already made by the community. Maybe, they saw it or maybe they thought it up on their own. It's like just because one person makes an Angelina Jolie sim doesn't mean someone else can't - and unless they actually use the other person's to make theirs, it's not stealing. Just like, even if two people write a paper on the same topic doesn't mean one of them copied the idea, or stole it. Beosbox Boy (at least I think - I don't want to put words in his mouth) is just saying that there's already custom content out there that's the same stuff as the outfits in the Stuff Pack, and not only are they of higher quality, they are also free. He doesn't say that they stole it. The side-by-side comparison would still be interesting though.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 10:10:33 am by AjaAja » Logged

If my avatar is a girl, it's most likely me
CBC (Come Back Campaign)! One post can make a difference. Join here!
Best contest ever, Beauty of the Decades. Join here!
Have my self-sim for yourself Wink. Get me  here!
Captain_Shepard

Humanity's Last Hope

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2007, 12:47:38 pm »

From the pics I've seen it seems no bad at all! Oh and let's not forget that not everyone has internet to download CC to install in their game and that those who are saying that the maxis clothes are ugly well everyone got different tastes, I myself find many Maxis clothes pretty enough for my sims.

Well they need to make profit you know if they don't want to get bankrupted

We are little stars among the universe, let us not be blinded by our mortality and deceived from what others say.
BrokenPrincess

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2007, 03:51:41 pm »

I don't think much about the 'Stuff Packs' anyway, by what i've heard about them they seem to be a dissapointment. Although i have to admit 'Teen Stuff' does sound pretty cool and i have always been wanting more stuff based on teenagers, however i will not be buying it.

Save me from myself.
BrokenPrincess
zaphod08

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2007, 06:41:30 pm »

My only complaint with the new pack, is I never run teens. I immediately send them to college.
Succy

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2007, 04:01:55 pm »

Ah, the glory of the human kind. Never satisfied, even when they have a choice.
_cactus_

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2007, 04:06:48 pm »

DARN!waiting 4 this stuff pack!!! 13 Nov. is my birthday,ea'll give me it 4 my birthday!! loll...i think really nice clothes'll come!

*Please note, your signature may be no wider than 250 pixels and no higher than 50 pixels*
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2007, 03:03:41 pm »

Although I have recieved them as gifts, I personally dont buy the stuff packs. Why?, because almost all of the CC included has and continuiously, are modified after things the sim community has wished for, fufilled and were able to distributely freely. I know plenty of things that have been left in the game that were later extracted by creators, which we later find they were to be included in later ep's or stuff packs. If I were to take out all of my CC, half of the default content I barely use because it's either half assed or the colors given dont match anything.

There's no way in hell EA/Maxis or whoever in the hell is in charge of creative concepts think for themselves. Things we should have had from the BEGINNING are now turning up which is the big rip off.

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
AjaAja

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2007, 10:00:39 pm »

Quote from: Teren_Rox;941131
From the pics I've seen it seems no bad at all! Oh and let's not forget that not everyone has internet to download CC to install in their game and that those who are saying that the maxis clothes are ugly well everyone got different tastes, I myself find many Maxis clothes pretty enough for my sims.

Well they need to make profit you know if they don't want to get bankrupted

I didn't say I thought they were ugly; I just implied that they don't have enough clothes that are a bit more conservative. Having the internet is practically a given now (whether it should or shouldn't). Even from like elementary schools expect that students have it.

They made plenty profit with Sims 1 and expansions. They make plenty of profit with Sims 2 and expansions. I highly doubt not making Stuffpacks will cause them bankruptcy. There's a difference between making a profit and wanting too much - even making a huge profit is different. I suppose if some sites make you pay money, then that's really not very different. However, a difference is that they are not doing this as just part of their free-time, this is part of their career unlike makers of custom content who often have other careers.

If my avatar is a girl, it's most likely me
CBC (Come Back Campaign)! One post can make a difference. Join here!
Best contest ever, Beauty of the Decades. Join here!
Have my self-sim for yourself Wink. Get me  here!
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2007, 06:30:07 pm »

it's rather funny that part of the reason they make stuff packs is so the people who like maxis/ea stuff (or don't have internet access or maybe just don't like to download much) can have it and the people that don't, won't have to have it in their game and won't be bitching about how much the stuff sucks...yet people, never being satisfied, bitch anyway.

the price for them is higher then I would prefer but then I look at as helping (without choice) to pay for some of the copies that other people downloaded for free...

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: