Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 08:01:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dirty Dishes  (Read 2911 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sweets

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2007, 01:08:01 am »

The clean up option just wont show up and i cant get my sims to clean up their dishes
boeketjebloemen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 01:16:27 am »

Try using the moveobjects cheats and mvoeing the dirty dishes to the floor or another table. Or just use that cheat to delete them.

:bunny:Climbing up from Moo-Bunny status:bunny:
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 10:10:32 am »

Actually there is another way to do it.  

I'll buy a cheap table.  
Turn moveobjects on.  
Put the undeleteable dish on the cheap table.
Sell the cheap table.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 08:54:14 pm »

Ancient that will delete the dirty dish but won't make the clean-up option available again for the sim.

It is not the dish that is buggy but the sim.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 10:40:20 pm »

I've always gotten the clean up action available after that.  In fact, I may have one dish like that and none of the sims on the lot can clean it, but they can clean up other dishes.

IMO it has been the dish that's buggy.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 11:32:31 pm »

The reason I suggest that fix is because in my case other sims were able to clean the plates, only one did not had the option available, resetting it was the only way for the option to appear again for that sim.

The sims was always able to clean the dish after I reset it so I guess it depends of the problem.

If no sims can clean the plate, they follow your way.  If only one cannot, they follow mine so both ways are good depending of the reasons the dish cannot be clean-up.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 12:46:17 am »

I agree, both ways work.  It's always nice to have options Smiley

Next time I have a dirty dish that can't be cleaned up, I'll pay a little more attention to how things are working.  Oh, there may be a third option with Insim's Deleter.  I keep forgetting about that way....
Lady Moiraine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 01:03:55 am »

Quote from: ancienthighway;918910
I agree, both ways work.  It's always nice to have options Smiley

Next time I have a dirty dish that can't be cleaned up, I'll pay a little more attention to how things are working.  Oh, there may be a third option with Insim's Deleter.  I keep forgetting about that way....

I used to have that alot when I first got Nightlife.  I always just used moveobjects on/off to delete the sim that couldn't wash the dishes and after exiting the house, then returning, the sim seemed to be reset and was able to do the dishes.

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 08:52:17 am »

This is a long known bug for me and it has not been fix yet unless it is now with Bon Voyage.

I did a long test and posted about the reasons of this happening on another site awhile ago.

In all here is when and how a sim can loose the ability to clean dishes:

1- You send a playable sim to downtown community restaurant lot (not a owned business)
2- Unplayable sims that are normally playable (sims you control normally but now they are just visitors on the comm lot) has started to eat a meal.
3- You leave the lot while those sims are still eating their meal.

I would say you have a 30%  to 50% chance that the temporary unplayable sim (which you can normally play) lost the ability to clean dish since it is kind of stuck in an eating action.  This does not happen with the bbq, only on restaurant in which you need to use the podium to order.

I love sending sims to comm lots restaurant, if you do not, you might have never notice that bug.  I was able to reproduce this error with ofb in 25 times in a row so the percentage of the sim getting stuck was 100%.  I did not redo a test with the Seasons ep but I did already have 1-2 Sim stuck.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 09:46:21 am by MissDoh » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2007, 09:51:34 am »

I propose that's not the only cause of the "can't clean-up dirty dishes" bug then.  I RARELY send my sims to a restaurant.  But then I seldom get the bug too.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2007, 12:23:39 pm »

Yeah, other had a similar problem and did not send sims to restaurant, I really wonder what is making it happening.

Just hope one day someone (or Eaxis though I doubt it) will find out and fix it once and for all.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: