Insimenator.org
April 17, 2024, 11:37:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: clothes and hair not showing  (Read 2322 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kelbot

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2007, 11:28:32 pm »

How do I get all my hair, clothes, and custom sims to appear in BV?Huh?
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 11:44:21 pm »

You have to enable custom content, exit the game and then restart.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
kelbot

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 12:03:12 am »

I did. And I've never had this prob with any other EP's. Very Confused.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 12:17:48 am »

Have you done a hack check to see compatibilty? Have you checked to see if they are still in your documents folder? The installation didn't bollix them, I hope. If they are still showing in Explorer try opening Body Shop to see if they show up.

EDIT: It's so late but I had to play. All of my CC is there and working, everything (including accessories). I don't know what to tell you.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 04:14:06 am by jinyc » Logged

Joey the Whinernator

Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 04:57:08 am »

my bodyshop CC is showing just fine, it's the only thing that I've put back in so far (except for accessories, I'm not sure about those) - have you tried taking everything out and just leaving clothing and hair - could be you have a stray hack or something your game just doesn't like left in there?

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 02:20:08 pm »

Ali, so far I have not noticed a problem with later i.e. post PETS & SEASONS designed accessories.

Joey the Whinernator

kelbot

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 06:28:58 pm »

I took out all the hacks, still had a problem. i uninstalled, i'll reinstall and add all my hair and clothes again and see what happens. I don't really get it.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 06:32:18 pm »

Do you have custom objects on your game?  If you do, but no custom Bodyshop items, it's just a simple spelling correction.

The folder should be My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads.  The capital "D" is important, as is the "s".

As far as downloaded sims, when you create a sim there's an option to use custom sims in the upper right corner.  Click on that to see the custom sims available for that age group and gender.
suze

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 09:08:45 am »

I never would have dreamed that using a small d instead of a capital one would cause things to not show up.

ancienthighway,  I thank you and appreciate your expert advise.

I just came to see if I could find out why I had no hair, make-up or skin tones showing in my game and you gave the simple yet most important advise.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: