Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 05:11:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Pleasantview Soapbox ~ UPDATE 03/01 ~ FINAL CHAPTER  (Read 62482 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
brittybe

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2007, 12:18:39 pm »

Hello everybody!

This is my very first sim story. The Pleasantview sims are so interesting that a story just kind of grows. The first chapters will seem kind of familiar, but as time goes on new story lines will develop. I hope you will enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed playing it!

Chapter overview
[post=916431]--- chapter 2 --- Broken Promises[/post]
[post=921136]--- chapter 3 --- A Second Chance[/post]
[post=926098]--- chapter 4 --- Intermezzo[/post]
[post=934143]--- chapter 5 --- Nasty Girls[/post]
[post=941183]--- chapter 6 --- Intergalactic Love[/post]
[post=945762]--- chapter 7 --- Double Trouble[/post]
[post=952270]--- chapter 8 --- The Great Comeback[/post]
[post=960533]--- chapter 9 --- College Drama ~ First Act[/post]
[post=972670]--- chapter 10 --- College Drama ~ Second Act[/post]
[post=987636]--- chapter 11 --- College Drama ~ Final Act[/post]
[post=999582]--- chapter 12 --- Delilah's Diary: Higher Education[/post]
[post=1009665]--- chapter 13 --- Delilah's Diary: Forever Friends[/post]
[post=1025696]--- chapter 14 --- The Green Gift[/post]
[post=1157053]--- chapter 15 --- FINAL CHAPTER: Sweet Dreams[/post]

Custom Content Section
Default skin = @stefan realism skintone
Default eyes= schuldig_seiben realism eye set
Default alien skin = summersong86 alien green skin
Default alien eyes = Nanduaka alien eys
Default pollination technician = fwiffo multiple poll. tech. hack

Hair
Peggy sims
HystericalParoxysm
Raonjena
XMsims
Bipsouille
TheSimsResource

Make-up
Bruno at MTS2
Barcelonista
Kamikitten

CHAPTER 1  -- A Heart's Desire --    

Cassandra Goth looked nervously in the bathroom mirror. She wants everything to look perfect. This is her big day. The wedding arch, the grand buffet and of course her loving fiancee, Don Lothario. Everything is in place. There is no turning back now. Tonight, she will marry Don Lothario, the most wanted bachelor in Pleasantview.

Cassandra knew all about Don's dodgy past and even heard the stories about him and her mother, Bella. When she thought about the nasty things some people told her about Don, her stomach would turn. But when she looked in his dreamy eyes, she felt like the most attractive woman in this world, and she forgot about all the bad things.

Don never thought he would commit to one woman in his lifetime. Marriage just wasn't his thing. But when Cassandra came along, he just couldn't say no. A big heap of simoleans is the most powerful aphrodisiac in this world, and Don knew that by marrying a Goth there would always be plenty to go around. And something about Cassandra reminded Don of her mother. How he missed Bella since her disappearance so many years ago. In the silver moonlight Cassandra and Don sealed their marriage with a passionate kiss.

Mortimer never understood what his daughter sees in a man like Don Lothario. He was sure that Don was eventually going to break her heart. Mortimer and Cassandra had numerous discussions, but his little Cassie is a stubborn girl, and he knows her well enough that nothing in the world is going to change her mind right now. She would have to find out the hard way.

The much anticipated wedding night followed. Cassandra knew deep in her heart that she was finally going to get what she had wanted for so long, a family of her own.

Even though he didn't approve of Cassandra's choice in partner, Mortimer couldn't help but feel his old heart yearning during the romantic moonlight ceremony. Bella had disappeared such a long time ago. Could he be ready for the next step in his relationship with Dina? Without any hesitation Mortimer whipped out the big diamond ring he had been carrying in his pocket for some time now. Dina couldn't be more exited and jumps straight into his arms.

Dina always dreamed of the good life. A life were she didn't have to worry about when her next paycheck would come in. And now this dream was within her reach. Sure, Mortimer was an old geezer and she hardly felt any physical attraction to him, but he came with a motherlode of simoleans. And she had married for money before, it wasn't like it was that difficult. And of course there was Don. No one could fool her into believing that he had married Cassandra out of love.

Dina takes another glance at her reflection in the mirror and knows that no man of flesh and blood could ever refuse a package like this. She had her eye on Mortimer since the day she found out he was the richest man ever. She knew that, even though he was married to her husband's sister, Bella, it would only be a matter of time before all those simoleans would be hers. After Bella's "mysterious" disappearance and her husband's "untimely" death, Dina and her sister moved to Pleasantview to be closer to Mortimer and support him in these difficult times. Sure enough Mortimer fell for Dina's charms.

Dina didn't want to wait too long with the wedding. She knew Mortimer wasn't getting any younger and she wanted to be mrs. Goth before it would be too late. Soon after his proposal Dina and Mortimer had a beautiful autumn wedding.

Even though this was her second wedding, Dina insisted on a marriage with the works. She had her eyes set on a gorgeous designer wedding dress. And Mortimer indulged her. He knows the days he has left were quickly running out and he wants to enjoy each and every one as much as possible.

Cassandra didn't particularly like Dina because she suspected she was more interested in Mortimer's simoleans than anything else. But she knows her father has been very lonely and he was so happy now. She wasn't going to rain on his parade. With a somewhat forced smile Cassandra toasts on the newlyweds, but she doesn't drink any champagne herself. She has been gaining weight lately and is a bit crabby now and then. She suspected something, but wasn't sure until the test she took early this morning. She couldn't wait until after the wedding, so she would have the chance to tell Don the good news.

But Don secretly was having a little party of his own in the front yard. After a promising start, marriage life turned out to be harder than expected. Because of the connections and funds of the Goth family, his career in the hospital was finally taking off. After working long days in Pleasantview Central Hospital, he longed to come home to his loving wife. But lately Cassie was so cranky lately. When he got home she would be complaining, whining and crying. He was starving for some positive attention. So when Dina's sister, Nina, makes a move on him during the wedding cake ceremony, he gladly accepts the invitation.

Will Don get away with his romancing ways or will it all end in tears? Does Mortimer live long enough to enjoy his marriage with beautiful black widow Dina? And will Cassandra and Alexander learn to get along with their new stepmother?

Find out in the next chapters of Pleasantview Soapbox!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 07:02:01 am by brittybe » Logged
Hidden~Secret

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 12:31:08 pm »

This is great I can't wait for the next chapter

If you waist time then you can't get that waisted time back no matter how hard you try.
(used to be ShiningStarSim)
brittybe

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 01:27:28 pm »

Thanks ShiningStarSim!

Here's chapter 2! Hope you enjoy this!

CHAPTER 2 --- Broken Promises ---

While Dina and Mortimer’s wedding is still in progress, Don and Nina decide they need a little more privacy. Looking for a place to continue their frolicking, they end up in Mortimer’s bedroom. All giddy Dina and Don start taking of each others clothes.

Of course it all turns sour. It isn’t even Cassandra who discovers Don cheating first. Dina, one of Don’s old flames, was looking for a place to touch up her lipstick and stumbles upon the cheating couple.

“Aaaargh, how could you! You stupid cheating good for nothing! You’ll ruin everything!”

Alarmed by the ruckus, Cassandra decides to go and see if her new stepmother is alright. And then she sees them. Don, naked, pushed in a corner by a screaming Dina. And then Nina also naked, scrambling around for her clothing. Tears well up in her eyes. Her dreams all shattered.

Cassandra quickly realizes that Don wasn’t going to be the man she wanted to spend her life with. She couldn’t and wouldn’t close her eyes to a cheating husband.

“OUT, Don, OUT! I want you out of this house and out of my life!”

Mortimer never felt anything but contempt for his son-in-law. He knew about the rumors, he knew what people said about Don and Bella. Not to mention the "friendship" Don had with Mortimer's new wife Dina.

"I will die a happy man, if I never have to see your cheating face ever again, Don Lothario!"

But Don doesn't like to be bullied. He doesn’t take crap from anyone and certainly not from Mortimer Goth.

"Don't push my buttons old man!" "Bella told me everything, so you'd better watch your words".

That same night Cassandra leaves the Goth Mansion too. The house is filled with too many bad memories. She knows her dad will only have eyes for the needs of his new wife. And Dina certainly did not think much of Cassandra. Never in her dreams did she think she would end up with a wicked stepmother. And certainly not one only a few years older than herself. She would raise her child in a warm and loving environment without the dark shadows of the past and the future. And so Cassandra leaves the house she grew up in and has to find her own place in Pleasantview.

Somewhere else in Pleasantview another tragedy unfolds itself.

Don Lothario isn’t the only romancer in Pleasantview. Unknown to most of the people in Pleasantview, Mary-Sue and Daniel Pleasant’s marriage is far from ideal. While his wife is at work, the neglected Daniel looks for attention from lovely maid, Kaylynn Langerak.

Daniel has been pursuing Kaylynn for some time now and temptation is just too strong to resist. After a few charming words, some romantic kisses and several suggestions, Kaylynn doesn’t mind an invitation to the master bedroom.

Unexpectedly, Mary-Sue comes home early from work. After only one bad decision, here employer decides to fire her. Her work was her life. She worked long hours to get the promotion she had set her eyes on. All for nothing. She knew she had neglected her family lately, which makes her feel even worse. She really needs Daniel’s support at this moment.

But when Mary-Sue walks into their bedroom she can’t believe her eyes. HER HUSBAND! IN BED! WITH THEIR MAID! This is the bloody limit for Mary-Sue and she makes him pack his stuff and leave the house immediately.

"What the plumbbob is going on here! I turn my back on you for one minute and you're all over the maid! I don't want to hear any of your usual crappy excuses, Daniel. Pack your stuff NOW!"

This setback proved too much for Mary-Sue. The poor woman collapses in the front yard while throwing a tantrum at the maid.

Will Cassandra make it on her own, raising a little one all by herself? Can Mary-Sue recover from two personal disasters, losing her job and her husband? And how will the twins react?

« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 02:33:07 pm by brittybe » Logged
Lil Reaper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 01:54:00 pm »

I love the story, I'm definately hooked. I can't wait to find out what happens next.

I don't make mistakes, I date them!
I was uncool before uncool was cool!
[/COLOR][/FONT]
Hidden~Secret

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 02:50:20 pm »

So good I can't wait for an update.

Suggestion I want to make-you know that theres a picture button to the right of the save buttons put it on 600 times the hightest number there it should enlargen your photos.

If you waist time then you can't get that waisted time back no matter how hard you try.
brittybe

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 02:55:03 pm »

Thanks for the tip ShiningStarSim. These are some old pics I made when I first started out with Pleasantview, so the pics will get bigger in the newer chapters  Wink!
jjsmith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 03:59:04 am »

i normally can't stand soaps, but i'm lovin this one Cheesy

The AA needs you
don't take life too seriously. you never get out of it alive :tongue5:http://iratebermy.tripod.com/
brittybe

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 04:20:42 pm »

Thanks everybody for the positive feedback!
For this chapter I still have to use some of my old pics, so there still a bit smallish. The next chapter I can introduce some newer and larger pics.

Here's chapter 3, I hope you'll enjoy it!

--- CHAPTER 3 --- A Second Chance

Cassandra had recently started a job in science. It didn't pay much but she could afford a small but convenient new home. She told Don about her pregnancy so he could decide for himself if he wanted to play a role in their child’s life. She really never wanted to have to deal with Don again, but for the child’s sake she was willing to make an effort. Initially, Don acted very interested but in the end he never made the made any type of commitment. She knew she was better off without any involvement of Don, but still it hurt when she realized she would have to raise this child all on her own.

Exactly nine months after Cassandra's wedding night, her little one decided it was time to greet the world. It turned out a lovely little girl. She had soft dark tanned skin and beautiful warm brown eyes just like Cassandra. Immediately she fell in love with her little baby girl. When she talked to Delilah she chatted enthusiastically in the usual high pitched voice adults use for little ones.

“You are a precious little one, aren’t  you, yes, aren’t you a little sweetie, my little Pookiewookie”

After a few days Cassandra finally decided to name her little girl Delilah, after a legendary temptress and the grandmother of a friend that recently had became more important in her life.

It wasn’t easy for Cassandra, raising a little one and trying to pursue her career in science. But it turned out that she wasn’t on her own after all. Right after she gave birth to Delilah, she got a visit from Darren Dreamer. She had met him on a few occasions before and had felt a strong attraction to this charming and very artistic man. But because she was engaged with Don Lothario at the time, she had kept her distance.

But now there really didn’t have to be any reservations. Cassandra was very careful, she didn’t want to make the same mistakes she made with Don. Besides, her life was just fine now, without the help of any man. But Darren had such a warm personality and his smile just made her feel all fuzzy inside.
It didn’t take long before Cassandra realized Darren was completely different from Don. Deep inside her heart she felt this was him, this was mister right. So Cassandra decided to invite Darren for a nice dinner with macaroni and cheese. She wasn't a great cook, but she knew she could make a pretty decent macaroni and cheese. And one of the few useful things she learned from her mother was that a man's love goes through his stomach. After dinner, she carefully made her move and told Darren that she felt that maybe they could be more than just good friends.

Darren couldn't believe his ears when he heard Cassandra's words. His heart started beating twice the usual rate and his mouth went so dry he couldn't speak. Cassandra feared that she might have made a mistake, but then Darren finally was able to say what he always had wanted say since the day he first met her.  
"Cassandra, you don't know how long I have waited for those words. I wanted to give you time to get over Don. But really darling, I would want nothing more than to have you with me for the rest of my life"  

Cassandra made the right choice this time. Darren turned out to be a wonderful father for Delilah. When Delilah became a little bit older and Dirk was getting ready for college, they even started thinking about expanding their little family. Cassandra had finally found what she had been looking for, a family of her own.

Back at Goth Manor, Cassandra's father Mortimer, was making the best of his own second chance.

Mortimer really enjoyed family dinners with his new wife. He felt sad that his daughter decided to move out, but he respected her wish. Recently, his new wife had given some hints about wanting a baby too. He really didn't feel the need for another child. He was getting older and he already had two wonderful children. But Dina knew that having a child with Mortimer would be her best insurance for a big portion of the inheritance. So she pushed and pushed further until in the end he couldn't do anything else but give in.

After several tries for a baby, Dina finally got her wish. Even though Mortimer still had his doubts about being a father at his age, he was thrilled when Dina turned out to be pregnant. He knew he wasn't the best husband and parent he could have been in his marriage with Bella. His job always came first for a very long time. But now he had earned his dues and had a comfortable pension. This would be his second chance and he would grab it with both hands.

Alexander didn't understand what his father saw in Dina. Ever since she got into their lives, things had gotten worse not better. First his mother, Bella, disappeared and then his sister  left her husband and their family home. If this was true love, then he wouldn't have any of it. He couldn't wait until college. Finally he could start his dream and to become a man of science. He would show them all what he would be capable of.

Will Mortimer get a second chance with a new family or is he just messing up the one he already has? Can Cassandra hang on to her happiness or will her past come back with a vengeance. And can Alexander keep his sanity at Sim State University?

« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 03:22:16 am by brittybe » Logged
Lil Reaper

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 04:24:10 pm »

Love the update. Deliliah is just adorable!

[/COLOR][/FONT]
Hidden~Secret

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 06:11:55 pm »

that baby is sooo adorable,I loved this update can't wait for the next

jjsmith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 08:00:05 pm »

THAT'S IT?! where's the rest of it? *whimpers* :sad5:

The AA needs you
don't take life too seriously. you never get out of it alive :tongue5:http://iratebermy.tripod.com/
brittybe

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2007, 03:24:07 am »

Just wait and see. There will be another update pretty soon Wink
brittybe

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 02:02:31 pm »

I'm back! Chapter 4 is a rather small update and was at first part of chapter 3, but I decided for two separate chapters to add a bit more tension Wink

I hope you enjoy chapter 4!

--- CHAPTER 4 --- Intermezzo

Mortimer loved to play the piano. It made him feel so peaceful. But not this morning! During an early morning piano concerto for his pregnant wife, Dina gave an awful shriek.

“ IEEEAAAAH! This hurts like hell Mortimer! Get it out, get it out!”

Dina never felt such pain in her life before. Of course she never thought it would be easy to push something the size of a large watermelon through a hole the size of a small orange, but this was ridiculous. There was a good reason for the incredible pain Dina was in, as a total surprise to everyone she gave birth to not one, but two little babies!

Dina was very pleased with herself. Two babies! This meant more inheritance for her and her offspring. Dina always felt Bella’s shadow over her marriage with Mortimer. Luckily, she convinced Mortimer to get rid of the portrait in the master bedroom. But still Dina could feel Bella’s presence in Goth Mansion. She swore she could hear Bella’s voice sometimes and even thought she saw some pieces of furniture moving late at night. Eventually the newlyweds moved into another home. Mortimer did everything to please his new wife even if it meant he had to leave the home he raised his children with Bella in.

Now that Dina had given birth to two of Mortimer's children, baby girl Victoria and baby boy Rex, she knew she was finally on equal footing with Bella. She knew that all of Mortimer’s simoleans were within her grasp. Victory was very, very close.  Cassandra already had chosen her own path and Alexander would be leaving for college this summer. Bella had lost and Dina would win. Soon it would all be hers.

But soon might come sooner than expected. Mortimer had just put his two brand new babies into their cribs when tragedy struck. the Grim Reaper showed up to collect Mortimer’s soul.

“Your time has come Mortimer Goth!” The Grim Reaper spoke with a deep and commanding voice.

Mortimer couldn’t believe his eyes. “No, no, you must be wrong. It can’t be my time yet. I just became a father! Just look at these adorable babies. I can’t leave them now”

“I don’t make mistakes Mr. Goth. You have lived your live far into old age and you will come with me NOW.” Even without a face the Grim Reaper could give a stern look.

Mortimer tried to wrestle the Grim Reaper for more time, but it was no use. The Grim Reaper came at the worst of times. Dina was still resting from the long and painful childbirth. Without anyone to plea for him, Mortimer had no choice but to go with the Grim Reaper. Reluctantly Mortimer followed into the darkness.

Back in his old bachelor pad, Dina’s former lover and Mortimers ex son-in-law, Don Lothario, gradually picked up his usual lifestyle again.

Even during his marriage with Cassandra, Don didn't throw away his little black book and now he was single again he could make good use of it. There were plenty of names he could pick from. Hmm, Let’s see, who shall I pick? Melissa, Sandra, Goopy, Selena or….?  After everything that has happened, could she be ready for a date with “ the Don”  again?

Don wasn’t a man that asked too many question about his own actions. If he saw it and he liked it, he went for it! Don’s object of desire didn’t decline the invitation and so Don set up a date at a community lot. While his date was in the clothing booth trying on some clothes, Don followed her in to “check” whether the new outfit was to his liking.

“Oh yeah, I’m so good! Hmmm, is my hair still in place? You never know when you might run into another hottie” After his exciting date Don left for his home feeling very satisfied about his seduction skills.

Will Dina make a good mother, raising twins on her own? Will Alexander and Cassandra be strong enough to battle their stepmother over the inheritance? And who was Don’s secret date?

Found out in the next chapters of Pleasantview Soapbox!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 12:23:28 pm by brittybe » Logged
Hidden~Secret

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 03:04:53 pm »

wow this is so sad he died before he could see his kids age...ok now i'm over it.it was good can't wait to see whats next

Lil Reaper

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 06:23:54 pm »

Great update. Poor Mortimer!
I'm dying to know who Don's mystery date is!

[/COLOR][/FONT]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: