Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 10:57:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Pleasantview Soapbox ~ UPDATE 03/01 ~ FINAL CHAPTER  (Read 62307 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
Devomuffins

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 23, 2008, 06:58:06 pm »

Aaaaaaaaaah! please continue this story is so good!
Unbroken

*Grins* "You really shouldn't have said that."

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 23, 2008, 07:01:26 pm »

Quote from: brittybe;1148636
Thanks for the tip Zggs! I never tried the Tombstone before, but it sounds like it might come in handy.
I've decided on how the story will end now, and I've decided that the next chapter will also be the last one. I just can't spare the time to replicate the Pleasantview neighborhood the way it was in my story. I definitely expect to finish the final chapter this month though.

Aww Sad. I have a question; After you have finished this next chapter, will you be making any new stories?

And your welcome - Sorry, I didn't get to you before you had to go through all that reinstalling and stuff. Sad
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 24, 2008, 04:42:07 am »

Oh no! I was just following this great story, and now I come to the bit where you lost all your sims! Aieeeeeeeee!!!

I did a similar thing just two days ago. I had to uninstall/reinstall one of my expansion packs, and carefully backed up the neighborhood. Unfortunately, I didn't realise that it would erase the folder I had backed it up into!
So now I'm back to the start again...
brittybe

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 01, 2008, 06:53:48 am »

Hi everybody! As promised, I'm back with the final chapter of Pleasantview Soapbox. It took me a while to decide how to end it all and I must say I took the easy way out. I really couldn't bring myself to reconstructing the entire neighborhood, too much work! But I did want to end the story with a final chapter and share some of the wedding pics with you. You've all been so supportive and I really appreciate all your comments. I'm not sure if I'm going to write another story, but I might just start another one when I've had some more time to play with the game. I'm kind of lazy when it comes to pics, I just make 'em as a play along. Anyway here's the final chapter, I hope you enjoy it!

CHAPTER 15 --- Sweet Dreams ---

In the backyard of the Lothario household a big wedding party was taking place. Finally Brandi and Don would tie the knot and make their relationship official.

Both Don and Brandi had been married before, but this wedding was very special to them anyway. All the painful mistakes and hardship had only made their bond stronger. Brandi felt her stomach tingle when Don pulled her closer and gave her a long passionate kiss. Who would have thought that after all there could be a happy ending for Don and Brandi.

“This wedding is a piece of cake!” Don remarked to his blushing bride. “I’ve should have come to my senses years ago!” Don tenderly took a little piece from his cake and let Brandi taste the wonderful vanilla cake with white chocolate icing. “Hmmm, almost just as sweet as you”, Brandi replied with a wink. The couple acted as if they where young lovers. They where constantly flirting and kissing. But not everyone seemed to appreciate their behaviour. Their daughter Donatella, who normally is very outgoing, had been silent all day and seemed to avoid her mother.

“what’s wrong sweetie, aren’t you enjoying yourself?” Brandi carefully asked her daughter. “ Mom, you know that lady Dina Caliente? I kind of called her this morning to make sure she wouldn’t come over. I warned her their would be trouble if she tried. And then she told me why she had been so mean. You know mom, dad has pulled some real nasty stunts on you. He left you alone with four babies. How can you forgive him for that?”
“Sweetie, your dad hasn’t been mr. Perfect. Actually, he’s been more like mr. Disaster. But despite everything, he gave me the big family I always wanted. I’m so glad to have you in my life sweetie, I don’t have any regrets. I came from a very bad place. My first husband had just died and I found out I was pregnant with twins. Life couldn’t get much worse for me and now I have all this!” Brandi told her daughter with a smile. She wasn’t sure her daughter would understand, but she wanted her to know she was happy now.

But Donatella did understand. She would have never done the same, but well, family wasn’t her priority either. To show her mom she was ok with it all she decided to do a toast on the newly weds. Brandi never felt happier in her life before. Here entire family was here to celebrate, even Dustin, his wife and their two kids. They had such a troubled life when Skip had only just died. And if she was honest, even when Skip was still alive their life wasn’t all she had hoped for. But after all the hardship, and maybe even because all the hardship, she ended up in a better place than she ever could imagine.

While her lips were about to touch the champagne glass, she started to wake up. Brandi desperately needed something to drink. Her throat was so dry she could swear she was in the desert. With her eyes still adjusting to the light, Brandi slowly pushed herself to the side of the bed. Her feet touched the cold stone floor. Hmm, she didn’t recall having a stone floor. While the clouds of sleep where leaving her brain, a panic struck her heart. This isn’t her home! Where the hell is she? “ What is this place. Am I losing my sanity, this looks like some kind of castle”. At first Brandi thought Dina had been pulling another stunt, but finally her memory came back to her and made her realize how wrong she was. “It was all just a dream. Stupid hormones!” It was strange for Brandi to realize that all the adventures she thought had been so real were nothing more than the hormones from her latest pregnancy raging through her body.

Brandi recalled how she had a long talk with the lady from the social services when Dustin had been brought home late at night by the police. The lady turned out to be very nice and helpful when Brandi had told her she was pregnant again and didn’t know how to make ends meet. She had said she knew a nice couple in Strangetown that were looking to adopt. They had already adopted a child before so they had a pretty good track record. Brandi was at her wits end. She knew she already had trouble providing for Dustin and Beau, she could never deal with two new hungry mouths to feed. It seemed the logical thing to do, even though her heart was crying. She had however one condition, she needed to see the “ would be”  parents to assure to herself her kids would really be better off with them.

The journey was long and tiresome, but finally she arrived in Strangetown. She had heard stories about this strange little town. She had heard about the rare genetic skin condition that would  cause green skin and there were claims that Bella Goth had been seen. The couple that was looking for adoption looked very normal to Brandi though. Circe and Loki Beaker seemed to be just what Brandi was looking for. They both had successful careers, a gorgeous home and the son they had adopted earlier had gone off to college.

Circe had been very interested in the babies. She made sure Brandi had everything she needed. “ Would you like something to eat, or maybe to drink? You must be so tired after the trip, please relax a bit in our comfortable sofa. Oh, why don’t you stay the night. It’s such a long trip back and you shouldn’t tire yourself to much while pregnant!” Brandi was reluctant at first, but Circe was right, she was very tired and she wanted what was best for her unborn babies. And so she ended up in this strange environment.

Brandi coughed a bit, darn she had such a dry throat. “Stupid dry desert air!, I’m going to get me something to drink”. It seemed like the door was locked. “Hmm, probably for my protection? But I really need something to drink right now!” Her body was screaming for fluid and she knew better than to deny her body something while pregnancy hormones were raging through her body. She was uncomfortable enough. Brandi hadn’t always been the perfect daughter in law. Actually in her teens she was quite the rebel. Dustin’s behavior actually matched her own behavior at that age. That’s why she knew she had to keep a good eye on him. With a hairpin and a bit of wiggling, Brandi was able to open the bedroom door.

Brandi had the scare of her life when she walked into the kitchen of the Beaker home. “Aaargh, a burglar”. Poor Brandi nearly peed her pants, but the guy she ran into seemed in shock as well. Before Brandi could scream her longs out, he started to explain. “No, no, I’m not a burglar. I live here!” Brandi was stunned, “but the Beakers told me they were living alone since their adopted son Nervous was off to college”.  Nervous started to frown, “off to college?, I could only dream of such a thing. They’ve been holding me captive ever since I came here as a little boy. They’ve used me for experiments. But I’ve told them I’m not taking their crap any longer. They locked me up, but released me a couple of hours ago. They said they didn’t need me anymore and I could get my stuff and leave”.

Brandi knew exactly why the Beakers wouldn’t need him anymore. They would have her children to replace him. “Never!” she thought to herself. Carefully she asked Nervous more information, “Do you have any place to go to?” Nervous stared at her and then looked away, “Well I’ve got a friend right here in Strangetown, but I really have trouble getting along with his brothers. And he doesn’t want to leave his family now he’s in a certain condition. So I really don’t know”. Brandi took a good look at him, “You really have to get out of here, you know. Because I’m not giving my babies to these freaks! You can be sure they’ll turn to you for their nasty experiments again. So If you can arrange a ride back to Pleasantview for me, I’ll think I can place an extra bed in Dustin’s bedroom.” Nervous replied eagerly, “Oh please give me a chance. I can baby sit and cook and, and, …I’ll call Pascal right away. He’ll give us a ride!”

Nervous had kept his word and Brandi was happy to be safe in her home again. She called the social services on the Beakers and they had been jailed thanks to Nervous confessions. He was a welcome addition in her small home. Sure Dustin had been complaining and their house was as crowded as it could be, but Nervous turned out a great cook and baby sitter. He also recently had been awarded a lot of money as compensation for the abuse by the Beakers. The future was sure looking up for Brandi and her family.

But sometimes Brandi still wonders about the strange dream she had in the Beaker house. Was it really all just a dream or had it something to do with the strangeness that is Strangeville. She recalls a strange meeting. When she was doing some shopping, her eyes crossed those of Nina Caliente. The passionate redhead had just come out a dressing booth where she could swear she had seen a guy enter earlier. And when their eyes met, Nina gave her a wink and a broad devilish smile. But then Brandi shakes her head and knows it's no use hanging on to a dream when you've got to face the harsh day to day reality. But it sure was a sweet dream...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 06:57:15 am by brittybe » Logged
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 01, 2008, 03:52:59 pm »

Nnnnoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
Not the "it was all a dream" ending! :smile:

Probably the best option, all said. Well done.:worship:
xTERRIx

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 02, 2008, 12:36:59 am »

ditto what steelguy said :wink:

<signature removed due to size, please refer to forum rules>
xgreydovex

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 02, 2008, 10:47:35 pm »

you did what you had to do to end the story, and im glad you did Smiley
ive always felt bad for Nervous, the poor guy.

Im looking for judges and prize donations for my upcoming contest Killer Instinct: The search for the next Assassin.  If you're interested or have any questions, pm me Smiley
Life is just one giant freak show, so just buy a ticket and enjoy the ride...:happy8:
click here to check out my new series, Madhouse! it would be much appreciated Cheesy
brittybe

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 09, 2008, 02:51:13 pm »

Thanks everyone! I really had a hard time letting the story go. I had all kinds of plans with those poor Pleasantview inhabitants as you can see in the pic:

Don would ends up in a coma after a mysterious shooting right before he and Brandi would have gone on their honeymoon. Their would have been a lot of speculation about the who, how and why, but this plot would have really required me to reconstruct the entire neighborhood and that really would have taken too much time ;-)

I'm glad you all enjoyed the chapter and I hope you have lots and lots of fun playing your own soap drama filled sim neighborhoods.
xTERRIx

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 09, 2008, 10:28:44 pm »

HAHAHAHA!! lol....coma...i bet dina did it :wink:

<signature removed due to size, please refer to forum rules>
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 11, 2008, 08:36:28 am »

Or Nina.. Heck, those two sisters might've had a hand in this!

Wow, this was a fantastic story, certainly with a few good twists here and there. More riveting than the barroom brawls the Montys and Capps have at a nightclub in my game. Smiley

Great story!

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
sims2rul3z

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 11, 2008, 03:44:39 pm »

Crap.Why God?Why?!Why did she HAVE TO use the damn 'it was just a dream' ending?!! :-(

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
MyChemPrincess

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 21, 2008, 12:43:30 am »

i just read the whole entire thing through an i must say fantastic job !

If my souls on fire
Does that mean i'm in hell ?
ayako447

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 31, 2008, 07:38:51 pm »

omg!! great story!! tongue
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

I used to be as mad as a hatter

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2008, 09:11:49 pm »

luv it! not fair with the ending though! *pouts*

No more hiding
Don't be afraid of what's inside
Anytime anybody pulls you down
Anytime anybody says you're not allowed
Just remember you are not alone
Daizzie21

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: August 02, 2008, 07:16:50 pm »

Wow! didn't see that coming. Great story by the way.
Smiley Nervous!!! hes pretty Kool. Me likey.

:lovestor: Cherish, LOVE & Embrace It. :pickleride: :love8:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
  Print  

Jump to: