Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 04:59:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game messing up...H&M problem?  (Read 1435 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
xangelx

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2007, 09:37:54 am »

I installed the H&M stuff pack today, it updated my Seasons game and also the Pets game. I loaded the game up, it froze for while whislt loading up a neighbourhood and then started to flash repeatedly instead of the neighbourhood loading. When I hover the cursor over different lots in the neighbourhood it comes up saying the name of the lot as usual except I can still only see the flashing loading screen.
The buttons along the top and bottom also show (University, Pets, Create a sim etc). I managed to click on CAS and made a sim to see if it would stop the flashing, when making the sim the game ran as usual. I then returned to the neighbourhood and it was still coming up with the flashing loading screen along with a little icon of the sim that I had just made, this was also flashing. Everytime I moved the cursor, the icon would move but leave a trail of frozen icons behind it.
I also managed to get onto university (it still didn't show neighbourhood just the loading screen again) and enter a lot which contained an insimenator. The game ran fine, except when I clicked on the insimenator only 2 options appeared: Medicine and Ask for lessons from. This happens no matter which part of the insimenator I click on.

Does anyone know if this is happening because of the new installation and has anyone else had the same problem?
Is there a chance it could be related to other custom objects in the game?
I wondering whether to unistall H&M stuff, but will the delete other parts of the game?

Thanks.
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 02:31:38 pm »

Have you installed all the patches you need for your games? Have you updated your drivers for your Vid card? Also if you think it might be CC you have installed take out your CC folder and see if you get the same thing to happen.

:happy8:A closed mouth gathers no foot. :smile:
resistance is futile you will be assimilated
Rammstein6891

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 10:23:08 am »

I've got the same problem. never happened till I installed H&M.
I've done all the above and It still does it. I've seen something about deleting .cache files and restarting the game.

:lurk:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: