Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 04:29:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Clicking a house freezes my game  (Read 1701 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
xtigacx

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2007, 05:11:28 pm »

The neighborhood loads fine, its just 1 specific house that seems to freeze my game every time I click it, not click to enter but just click to view who lives there.

It all worked fine until the previous day I sent my sim to buy 2 dogs and a cat. Loading back into the house was fine, saved game, quit sims and turned computer off, went to sleep.. now today back from work and wanting to play again but I can't even click the house, let alone enter!

I have all expansion packs installed.
I can't seem to find anywhere who has come upon this problem.

Any ideas? Please advise.

Thanks.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 09:07:50 pm »

Try moving your downloads folder in case something in it is causing the problem.

If it does not change a thing, use the summoner to move them on another lot you can play so you can at least save the family and then bulldoze the lot they were in before if you can.  You can than either move them out of the new lot you place them in or leave them there.
xtigacx

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 06:48:31 am »

Thank you, I hadn't thought of that.
Will give it a try when I get home.

Thanks Miss

p.s will try moving downloads first though, I moved hacks but problem still persisted.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 08:51:15 am »

No problem, let us know how it went.
xtigacx

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 07:46:13 am »

Basically it seems that after adding 3 pets to my house, it put a strain on loading extra people/animals, not sure why. Loading into the house takes less time than clicking the house to see the members inside it!

I first tried taking all downloads out and clicked the house, and it took about 5 secs to come up, all other houses I click have no waiting time to show the household members.

I put the downloads back and I clicked the house and thought I'd just wait it out and go and do something else to see if its just taking long to load the house members (the music still plays in the background) and about 3-5 mins later I returned back to my computer and it had loaded members, so I suppose its just a strain of loading the 5 sims and 3 pets.

Hopefully this topic comes of help to anyone who ends up with the same problem, as I couldn't seem to find anyone else who had the same problem and had solved it.

Thanks for the help Miss.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 01:18:45 pm »

Indeed unlike sims thumbnail, pets one are loaded only when you click on the house therefore the lag.  It will happen everytime you quit and restart your game.

I thought it was really freezing your game meaning you were not able to play it at all.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: