Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 01:20:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Graphics Card Question  (Read 2348 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SkeleBear

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2007, 12:00:57 pm »

I'm usually preferential to Radeon cards, but my current PC (which is a slightly older HP a1220n) is having some serious issues with installing my Radeon 9250. I figured to try a different card altogether, and I was wondering if anyone else has had any experience with the card, and has any opinions.

The card is a:

Visiontek Radeon 7000 / 64MB DDR / PCI / DVI / VGA / TV Out / Low Profile / Video Card.

Also, if anyone has some success stories to share in regards to nVidia cards, I'd like to hear them.

My system is currently running a 2.93GHz Intel processor, 512Mb RAM, 200GB hard drive. I can't even install the Sims 2 or any of it's expansions until I get another card to put in.

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 12:01:42 pm by SkeleBear » Logged

cookiecookie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 12:18:36 pm »

uragh i love my graphics card it is a nvidia geforce 6200 i bought it at walmart for 50 dollars and put it in myself ^^ i got a compaq presario its about 3 years old (i got it from best buy) i just could kiss it LOL
it will run all my games like phantasy star universe and warcraft...guildwars
*has a love affair with her computer for being so good to her* LOL

Cookie <3 You
BrandonToes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 02:41:49 pm »

I haven't used that card, but the card I currently use is a VisionTek Raedon X1950 Pro/256 MB of RAM.  I.  LOVE.  That card.  How old is your PC?  Mine is going to be 2 years this Christmas, and it's handling things fine.  I upgraded a lot, so I'm not sure if RAM is an issue.

Also, I haven't tried to use nVidia, but I am pretty noble to ATI, so yeah.  And, the card I'm using cost a pretty penny, so if money is an issue, that card is not the way to go.  Even though it works like a DREAM with TS2, even when you turn on/up all of the features.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 02:44:24 pm by BrandonToes » Logged

"Jokes are funnier in dreams..."
tallsimsfan77

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 02:18:12 pm »

You say that you have troubles with the card?  Like- what kind of issues?  I mean- when I switched from the motherboard's graphics to my Raedon 9550, until I reinstalled the OS, my card failed if I left my computer off and idle for specific amounts of time.

Sigs are for smokers.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 12:46:34 am »

I have a fairly new custom build system that has two Radeon X1950 512mb cards and I love them. My old computer had the Radeon 9650 and it worked beautifully, as well, on an older motherboard (about four years old).

I have the same question...what issues are you having. Oh, and one more question, are you making sure to completely remove all of the old card's drivers? If not, that would cause conflict.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
tallsimsfan77

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 03:10:26 pm »

Quote from: caffeinated.joy;927035
I have a fairly new custom build system that has two Radeon X1950 512mb cards and I love them.

Sorry to derail the thread, but holy shit.  That had to have costed a pretty penny. :shock:

P.S.- please excuse my colorful language.

Sigs are for smokers.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 08:14:23 am »

It did, but it was worth the cost. I saved my pennies for it for a number of months.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 12:05:00 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged

trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 11:36:24 am »

I had a Radeon 9250 and no problems whatsoever installing it. When i upgraded to a GeForce 7300 512mb, I had 2 weeks of trouble with crashing. Remember caffinated.joy? LOL Turns out the problem was exactly what Joy has suggested...there were some ATI files from the previous card still on my harddrive we were unaware of. We found them using "search" , removed them and the problem was solved! Good luck to you.

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 12:04:32 am »

I do remember that, trl Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: