Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 06:14:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: List your Bon Vonyage bugs and compatabilty issues  (Read 88612 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2007, 07:35:28 am »

However you play the game, there will always be bugs with or without glitches. Post whatever you have concluded upon gameplay, weither CC, hacks or conflictions. This thread can help players discuss, compare notes and save forum space. Smiley
Example

From playing, here's my issues:

With the Insimenator installed, just like fishing in Seasons; it will not let you dig for treasure or shells. Bon Vonyage isnt compatible yet with the Insimenator and will effect gameplay. Every single EP released without an updated version automatically wont function well. It would be wise to remove it from your downloads folder till. Remember, Patience is a Virtue. Eric and Kathy and all the other creators  have lives and you have to give them time to update when they can.

Mods and Global Mods that work:

MaryLou and Numenor's "Shop-at-Home" Hacked coat rack
Simky's Durable food Mod
Dave Luv's "See Them" censor remover
*Note, with diagonal or out of grid option, windows maynot work. Turn it off*
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 07:43:37 am by DecoraChroi » Logged

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 08:19:03 am »

I had one issue, the game crashes when going between lots on vacation. Since I downloaded the updates from Twojeffs @ http://box156.bluehost.com/~aestudi1/forums/inteenimater/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=15 , I haven't had that problem since.  I use twojeffs, ACR and Homework Sometimes mods.  I need to go to MATY and check what was updated.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 08:22:32 am »

There is NO version of the Inteenimater that will work with Bon Voyage.  Remove it and all "inteenimated" mods from your Downloads folder if you have Bon voyage.  If your favorite neighborhood has pregnant teens or YAs, don't play it unless you don't mind losing the pregnancies.

TwoJeffs has been busy updating his mods.  There is currently an initial Bon Voyage compatible ACR available.
Samantha2977

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 12:13:52 pm »

When I removed the Insim. I just went ahead and removed all of my downloads (I had about 4000 lol) cleared out my folder and decided I am going to start over. Well I installed BV last night and wanted to play for a bit but that game keeps pausing on me. I can hear the game like it is still running but it just stops in it's tracks. Last for about a min. or so then starts up again. Runs for a couple of sim hours then stops.

I really dont know what to do, if anything. Anyone else had this problem? It's just getting really frustrating....
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 12:17:47 pm »

There's a thread about BV & game lag at N99:

http://p218.ezboard.com/fstarlightsimsfrm51.showMessage?topicID=16170.topic

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 12:33:38 pm »

Often, when sims on visting another lot while on vacation, there is lil bug. After you have spent a good day or so and have not returned to your hotel, the game ignores the option to go to another community lot. It also disables the save button. Somtimes, the game will either let you click on the lot payphone and return to your hotel or somtimes you are unable to control your sims AND the clock is stuck on fast forward.

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
Samantha2977

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 12:53:16 pm »

Quote from: jinyc;920846

thank you for the link but I really dont want to join any more forums or anything right now. Trying to keep up with the many I'm already a member of lol I'll figure out whatever the problem is, Going to get some more RAM for my computer next week, Mabey that will help too.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 01:54:57 pm »

Samantha, N99 is one of the best TS2 & TS1 forums available. The members are amazing in their generosity and willingness to help. You really should reconsider. It would be the best decision you have made to help your game run well.

I read at N99 that staying for more than 3 days on vacation seems to be the biggest cause of game lag.

Joey the Whinernator

Bloody_Tears

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 02:09:11 pm »

I'm not entirely sure what caused it, but the plumbobs have turned into teddy bears that stick out of my sims stomachs. I removed Insim and Inteen, having to go through my download folder and see if I can find any others. It's times like this that I wish I was more organised and had bothered to put stuff in different sub-folders... *sigh*

"I am become Death, destroyer of worlds" Oppenheimer, taken from The Bhagavad Gita.
Barnabus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 02:46:43 pm »

same thing happened to me Bloody_Tears I still have no idea what happened. I moved him out of my house with custom content in it and that seemed to work, but not sure it will help you. All the houses I used before Bon Voyage seemed to be crashing or has issues of some sort. Sad

"Some men live their lives terrified, terrified of the night and all that is dark.  I will live my life eternally in fear of the light of day."  Barnabus Collins

I do not support President Bush are his policies.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 02:52:08 pm »

Do any of you still have a prior version of the InSim in your game? Plumbobs change if you have old InSim parts on your lots.

Joey the Whinernator

lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 02:56:12 pm »

Tried getting on N99. Sent through this registration, then sent to a page for the admin. to approve my request for membership? Forget it!  I just needed to know if it was safe to use GunMod's camera hack in BV? I have the version that was compatible with ep's up to Seasons, but when I installed BV, I lost the camera mod.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 03:00:22 pm by lewisb40 » Logged

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 03:04:35 pm »

N99 might have updated info on Gun Mod's compatibility but it would be better to try MTS2 as that's where the original mod is housed.

Joey the Whinernator

lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 03:06:58 pm »

Thanks for the info jinyc, I have posted my question in GunMod's post.

Samantha2977

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2007, 03:34:52 pm »

Quote from: jinyc;920933
Samantha, N99 is one of the best TS2 & TS1 forums available. The members are amazing in their generosity and willingness to help. You really should reconsider. It would be the best decision you have made to help your game run well.

I read at N99 that staying for more than 3 days on vacation seems to be the biggest cause of game lag.

Alright, when I get a few min. I will go check it out. This stopping every few min. is driving me up the wall lol  When I was on vacation I dont think I was even there a day, It seems to have started as soon as my sim got  off the shuttle. I'll have to take her home and see if it continues. As soon as I went into my lot I booked a vacation and went on it lol
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: