Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:44:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you decide if your Sims are going to have kids?  (Read 4685 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
JimenaRV

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2008, 11:14:25 am »

I usually have them all have kids, but I wonder if everybody is doing the same.

Do you have them have kids only if they want to?
Do they have kids by default?

I have to add that I have ACR in my game, so sometimes I just "wait and see". They woohoo on their own and sometimes they get pregnant.

Which is your way of playing Sim reproduction?
heartless

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 12:43:11 pm »

well, usually i make them have kids if i think they will have good kids, or if i want to carry on the genes of my favorite sims, or if one member of a couple has a family aspiration or at least wants a child. sim kids are kind of annoying though, so unless the family is particularly important to me sometimes i just grow the kid up to an adult and move them out, especially if all i wanted to do was carry on genes. lol.
Earcat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 03:45:35 pm »

All of my sims have kids.  Usually, they have two kids, because four sims in a house are easy to handle.  Some families, especially if they're family sims, have more than two kids.
  Every one of my sims are innocent before marriage, they don't even make out before they're married.  After the wedding, they start working on having a baby right away, sometimes during the reception!
maniac19642003
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 06:28:08 pm »

I make them have kids, well in my sim's house anyway, the insim house I have they just get them by chance when they woohoo from ACR plus Triplets&Quads, and actually that house just had triplet girls as well when I was playing, thanks to our Squinge and Comicalmuse. :lovestor:
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 09:19:23 pm »

Reasons for my Sims to have kids:

Their genes are so irresistible that it would be a loss for the Sim World if these genes don't spread. lol

Even then, there are a few prerequisites so as they would be allowed to have kids:

1. They should be certain (as certain as it gets) the other guy/gall is the ONE and ONLY. One of my Sim couples broke up because the mother was screwing around with other guys (no, he wasn't a Romance aspired Sim) and her daughter didn't mean to stop crying for 3-4 Sim days. Her father even took days off his work to comfort her. In vain. Poor thing!

2. They should have experienced their life as a couple before any kid storms the house (dating, living together, having vacations together, etc.)

3. They should have given signs they are sufficiently nice to kids, or interested in having kids.

When they have passed the above points I let them get pregnant, either by risky woohoo or try for a baby.

As Heartless said, Sim kids are annoying, so the only ones with kids are those who matter to me and consider them important for my game.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 09:37:30 pm »

If both of the couple roll for children, and it stays on for a while, I might let them have children-but right now with the hood I'm playing, I'm going to be careful with that-I have the megahood going, and everyone lives there. Because I play in rotation, having children for each of my 50 families could get a little out of control!

zolabee

Some days are just after you!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 10:29:51 pm »

Depends on how much I want to torture them....or if I'm willling to pass their genes on to the next generation.

Crazy Town - see it to believe it!
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 05:26:21 am »

I too let ACR determine it. I look at it as being natural selection. I think I have 2 sim couples and 3 single sims that don't have kids and I guess they won't since they don't want any. I do have 2 families that adopted, they couldn't get pregnant and wanted kids. Oh well...

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
JimenaRV

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 06:52:46 am »

Interesting posts...

And what do you do when one of your Sims wants to have kids and the other doesn't roll the want? Or even has the fear to have kids?
heartless

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 03:18:12 am »

lol... i make them have them anyway. sometimes i make them even if they're both afraid of it.
because i'm mean. but i know they won't suffer long because if they don't love it i'll grow it up.

i live very unvicariously through my sims i noticed... like, they all seem to have a spouse and three kids, lol.
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2008, 07:51:00 am »

Quote from: JimenaRV;1436794
Interesting posts...

And what do you do when one of your Sims wants to have kids and the other doesn't roll the want? Or even has the fear to have kids?

It has never happened to my game, I don't know what I would do. I don't even arrange their marriages if they don't roll the wish -- both of them.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2008, 05:28:04 pm »

Quote from: JimenaRV;1436794
Interesting posts...

That's when ACR kicks in. Sometimes the female may get pregnant someone else other than the spouse. Got about 3 sim females that have that situation and one left their husband for their lover. All because the spouse didn't want kids I guess. :dontknow:

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
poppy_123

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 08:31:01 am »

If one sim does'nt want to have children and the other does they ethier adopt or leave their spouses and re-mary or in some cases they have children and leave because the other spouse does'nt like the baby.

And as for having the children i had one couple who wanted 10 children and when theyt had them the wife wanted another 10 which i quite unusual and they ended up having 23 children (13 boys and 10 girls). They had 6 when they were teenagers and 2 while they were elders.

.x.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: