Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:06:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: List your Bon Vonyage bugs and compatabilty issues  (Read 87652 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2007, 05:18:52 pm »

Quote from: DecoraChroi;920616
However you play the game, there will always be bugs with or without glitches. Post whatever you have concluded upon gameplay, weither CC, hacks or conflictions. This thread can help players discuss, compare notes

Apparently my input to discussions is not appreciated or wanted.  I agree EA/Maxis missed the mark in making this EP and others compatible with popular hardware on the market.  I think complaints about this may be better addressed if EA is notified.

As far as issues with game play, while this thread makes it appear that I'm in the minority, I don't feel that I am.  Yes, I run across some bugs.  I've had some issues.  But everything I've come across has been, in my opinion, minor.  The game when hardware issues are resolved, whether work around or replacement, in an unmodified, hack-free, CC free condition works with relatively minor problems.  I've now got 1444 files, 1 GB of mods and CC back into my game.  It's still working with relatively minor problems.

This is my experience.  

In the nature of discussion and sharing of notes this thread was created for, I come and where people have had problems and issues with areas, I express my experience.  Anyone that knows me, knows I don't come on to a thread to gloat.  I don't say things just to say things.  At least 80% of my posts have been trying to help people resolve problems they've been having.  When I do help, there's a damn good chance the cause of the problem will be identified and a solution developed.

Rather than a discussion and note sharing, I'm hearing an underlying message from some members to get off their complaint thread.  You've got it.  I'm done trying to help people that would just rather whine.
socurious

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2007, 06:33:07 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway;928316
Apparently my input to discussions is not appreciated or wanted.  I agree EA/Maxis missed the mark in making this EP and others compatible with popular hardware on the market.  I think complaints about this may be better addressed if EA is notified.

As far as issues with game play, while this thread makes it appear that I'm in the minority, I don't feel that I am.  Yes, I run across some bugs.  I've had some issues.  But everything I've come across has been, in my opinion, minor.  The game when hardware issues are resolved, whether work around or replacement, in an unmodified, hack-free, CC free condition works with relatively minor problems.  I've now got 1444 files, 1 GB of mods and CC back into my game.  It's still working with relatively minor problems.

This is my experience.  

In the nature of discussion and sharing of notes this thread was created for, I come and where people have had problems and issues with areas, I express my experience.  Anyone that knows me, knows I don't come on to a thread to gloat.  I don't say things just to say things.  At least 80% of my posts have been trying to help people resolve problems they've been having.  When I do help, there's a damn good chance the cause of the problem will be identified and a solution developed.

Rather than a discussion and note sharing, I'm hearing an underlying message from some members to get off their complaint thread.  You've got it.  I'm done trying to help people that would just rather whine.

I'm very greatful for all the input that has been provided.  I have installed BV but haven't played very much.  I came here to find out what I could expect and what to do if I encountered any problems.   It's really important to know that some are experiencing glitches, while others aren't; that way, we'll be aware of what is normal, and what is a glitch.  You also give advice to those that are experiencing game-play problems - invaluable!  Thank you for helping us all out!

...everywhere you go, there you are...:pickleride:
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2007, 07:00:30 pm »

the saddest part is the same shit happens every time a new EP is released...people whine whine whine about 'bugs' they have because in many many cases... they didn't bother to take out their old hacks/CC...yet they blame maxis/ea for all the bugs/problems they are having.

granted some people don't even know they have hacks from downloading dirty custom Lots off the exchange (and other places) but do they remove their Downloads and try the game CC Free, no...many come here and expect others to figure out what is causing their problem...and those of us that try to help have to walk people through the same steps over and over and over again... which is very very frustrating and not something I can do often anymore without getting bitchy.

First rule of thumb people, remove all CC, specially hacks, if you are having problems. Sometimes problems are fixed by reinstalling the newest EP if the problems aren't caused by CC/hacks.

Once you truly know something is a real bug, then you have a right to bitch and whine about bugs/maxis/ea.

*sigh* not that anyone will pay any attention to this except to complain about my 'attitude' :-P

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
Moonangel1121

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2007, 07:15:04 pm »

The only problem that I have found is with the Insimenator when it comes to the digging for treasure and looking for the shells... Which I am sure this has been talked about before on here.... And I took it out after I played the first time.... Besides that... everything I have for my game works great.... I have not found any other bugs besides that.... But I have not played the game long enough to found others....
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 07:18:32 pm by Moonangel1121 » Logged

Amanda

:flower:....Live Life Well And Full....:daisy:
Denimjo

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2007, 09:27:48 pm »

I'm having a problem in my game that gives me cause to think that it's due to an erroneous EA altering of their own game code. I recall that they released a patch (one of the Seasons ones) that fixed it so that when a Sim drank eggplant juice, their wants panel would reflect this (and if it caused them to maximize the skill, they'd get credit for that as well). However, I have a Sim that gains a Maxed [Skill] memory almost every time they drink the juice even if they haven't maxed it yet.

I suspect Bon Voyage has screwed with the patch fix, but no one else can tell me if this is a problem that only I am having. Is there anyone out there willing to test this out for me?
mrs ladybug

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 11, 2007, 06:55:50 am »

I only just really installed my and always remove my CC and hacks and always have the original neighbourhoods as always back these up case things go wrong. I even back bon voyage ones as well. I have all exps. Ok game starts up ok booking hoilday fine.I can book into hotels ok but order  service turns up if no resturant is there ok, but if there is resturant no service. Also game it real acts up in Steaming Dragon hotel and red Dragon hotel goes into slow motion Sad  I even done adjustments to hotels like less rooms still the same. Am going to try other Vacction spots see if this happens  in them.

ss4keef

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 11, 2007, 07:12:57 am »

I keep getting two bugs, one is when my sim/s are moving they end up in the air looking like the sim is upstairs if in 2 story building, and the other bug is when loading and playing the music keeps stopping then starting again and makes the game hang for afew seconds each time. Hopefully a patch is released really soon to fix game issues and bugs. I seem to have no problems with INsim just don't use it for the bon voyage parts of the game.
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 11, 2007, 07:48:42 am »

I'm going to chime in and agree with Sleepy and Ancient. Look we all know there will be bugs, legit bugs, with every EP. This is unavoidable however to track down real bugs people need to test in a cc free enviroment. With every new EP you should remove all mods until you have confirmation from the creator or other members in the community that such and such mod is compatiable.

Also make sure your game is completely patched PRIOR to installing the EP's. I have said this many, many times. The installer to make sure it is patched with the latest EP is crap and has never worked properly. If you did not install the last Seasons patch install it yourself prior to installing this EP.

I tested this about 2 hours without CC, prior to a beta version of the InSIM being available. I did notice a lag but after defraging I only notice a slight one occasionally on Vacation lots though the lag is pretty bad on home lots.

Now I have been reading many complaints about the jewelry now functioning correctly in CAS and it does not display in BS. I haven't tried this yet but honestly can anyone be suprised? They didn't update BS with Pets so we could add cc for Pets, which is probably the main reason I won't play with Pets, so why would they spend the time doing it with BV?
sbt

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 11, 2007, 08:32:36 am »

My daughter and I have have all the expansions and stuff packs on our computers, We have alot of the wonderful hacks and mods to make gameplay better, I have 1.99 GB of downloads, she has more because she collects clothes and hair lol. To add, we also have all patches and updates.

Anyhow, as we always do when a game is to be delivered, when BV said out for delivery, we copied and pasted our complete My Documents Sims 2 folder to another folder on our hard drives, just in case. I removed the downloads folder, CC hacks and all. Then we install.

We always leave in the neighborhoods though, maybe with this exp that is what went wrong.

I have played more than her, so will post what mine has done. I played with no downloads folder at all. These are either Sims I created in CAS and also one clone from Strangetown who is in my own created neighborhood, and I usually only play with houses I build myself from house plans.

Anyhow, this first family is jumpers, jumping out of actions, for one the options were also missing when clicked on, could only do meditate and yoga, moved her into another lot and that resolved but she lost her 6 wants and 2 locks, became 3 wants with 1 lock and her wants were child wants even though she was an adult college graduate, odd, did stop jumping though. The brother that had moved out before BV did not lose his wants, locks or graduate status.
Her older sister who is still at the family lot is odd, cannot describe it really but she is not the way she was before BV.

Then there is Ajay Loner, the clone from Strangetown who was cloned and rebuilt in CAS, moved into this my created neighborhood, my house, all seemed well. Had him be in love with townie Marisa Bendett, she moved in. I clicked him to propose and it dropped out of queue, then again, so she engaged him. Then click him to kiss romantic, dropped out of queue but she did him, hmmmmm. So they go on vacation to the Asain One. Anyhow, he gets their room and talks to the clerk and click on bed to relax. He gets up when she gets to bed, and again. So get her in first then he will, click on him to makeout with her, falls out of queue, but she can to him, hmmmmmm. Anyways the Flaming Dragon had lots of roaches so they came home since all they wanted to do was cry and stomp. In the neighborhood, he still cannot do anything to her romantically, she has to to him.

In fact, anyone that moves to a new lot loses all 6 wants and 2 locks and even locked wants reroll, tried other Sims, this never happened before when moving, especially losing their graduate status, once you graduated you were always a graduate, however they do have the memories intact about graduating, they just no longer have the extra wants or the graduate icon by their age bar.

Another thing, everyone is angry, they are all arguing with each other, this was a loving family always hugging and kissing but every one is different. Their personality bars did not change but their personalities did if you know what I mean.

So what to do? Not even gonna try messing up the other Sims, so, copied and pasted that entire neighborhoods folder, writing to disc and instead playing Maxis neighborhoods that I reinstalled, Played the Goth family yesterday and not one glitch anywhere so added back some of the newly updated hacks and everything is still okay. BV seems to have borked our lots and Sims, but that is okay, this kinda thing has happened many times before, we just start over. No whining, lol. My daughter is deciding what to do with her game, she has not played since last Wednesday.

Just wanted you all to know that we have had problems too with no CC or hacks in the game. Have not been on vacation yet with Mortimer and Dina but the honeymoon is booked. The other Sims vacationed at the Asian and the Beach, the Asian is incredibly slower and lagging than the beach.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 08:56:49 am by sbt » Logged
fway

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 11, 2007, 09:29:22 am »

Here's Everything I've Expereinced

Walking to Community Lots Will Not Work
This issue happens when I want my sims to walk to community lots. They start walking, and then all of a sudden BAM they restart themselves. --Fixed Now With J.M.'s BV Fixes

this quote was by me I was trying to find a way to strike out though.
Weird Door Thing for Reservations (May be a hack issue on my part)
I Get a "Key"... "Remove Key From Insertnamehere 392" (or any other number) I click it... go into the room. The room works, but then I Do Lock..."Lock for Household Only" I send them into the room.... they stop at the door and do the "i don't know" gesture

(oh and I checked in after "Reserving")

Walking/Taxied to Community Lots From a Hotel
Where's Walking to?
I am unsure why this never showed up when I clicked the active sim it never showed up...
Invite Sim to Community Lot Only?
I am unsure why this happened when I clicked transportation, waited for my sim to call, and then get that option
even if I did that it said "I don't know any people ... blah blah."
<-it seems Inges door hacks don't want to work with this.

Going to a hotel with less rooms than the number of guests
This only happened once, but this is what happened:
1. Go to Another Accomidation with four people (2 Guests and 2 of my Sims)
2. Go to a Hotel with for a Max number of 3 in a room
3. One of My Sims are Missing BUT they come along (they weren't in the "Pets [what I like to call it]" section either and one sim who was a guest was with my original Sims)

Controlling Guests who come along with your Sim(s) Not a problem but a cool thing I found (i think it only works if you have Pets)
I typed these two in
boolprop controlpets on
boolprop petActionCancel on

^your guest sim can interact with people and build sandcastles, swim, etc., but they can't sunbathe lol.

Now Why Would your Guest be considered a pet I knew they'd use something from pets...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 09:31:45 am by fway » Logged

skizicks
Resident Fat Girl

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 11, 2007, 11:28:29 am »

I would like to say that this EP is the first time I ever had any real problems with any expansions, but a big thank you to Ancient (and a simple answer) I removed insim and everthing is working fine so far.

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, and today; Today is a gift, that is why we call it the present.
mrs ladybug

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 11, 2007, 11:36:00 am »

Like said I have removed all hacks and cc and even double check only thing I had left was Scriptorium so uninstalled it to see if this help but it has made no difference. I had trouble with Pets but not bad as BV.

Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 11, 2007, 11:42:49 am »

And to find hacks (if you haven't create a special folder for them for exemple Wink it's easy with the sims 2 pack clean installer or the DDO. They are in red. Smiley
mrs ladybug

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 11, 2007, 03:21:42 pm »

Yes all my go in special folder it makes it easy and always use clean installed the best program for Sims 2. I check everything with it.

YANFRForm

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 11, 2007, 05:40:02 pm »

Bon Voyage has now gone past annoying.  I'd spent over 2 hours working on a new house I was building from scratch and when I went to save and go back to the neighborhood, it crashed the whole game!  After reloading, there was no sign of the house I'd been building.  That's it.  BV is coming out, I don't care if destroys the rest of my sims installs and I have to reinstall everything else from scratch.  At least I made a complete backup of everything before I installed BV.  At worst, I might lose and have to rebuild three new families, but that's it.

Saving a house/family should be the most elemental thing in the world, and Maxis can't even get that right.

Now we can't build houses, we can't make new jewelry, and as Kathy pointed out we can't even make cc for pets.  Why does Maxis hate creative people?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: