Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 03:35:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: List your Bon Vonyage bugs and compatabilty issues  (Read 88976 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2007, 04:21:35 pm »

OK, I have no CC in my game and i have a problem with the accessories - namely, the watches. Gave my sim a lovely watch, in CAS, then decided that I wanted to changed from ALL outfits to only certain outfits .... wrong! Game don't like that, once they've got a watch they've got it for life it seems

This was for a female adult

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
sapmb24

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2007, 04:46:44 pm »

My Mailbox will create newspapers almost every couple of minutes and the vacation van will not stop at my sim's house.
Ghen

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2007, 05:11:42 pm »

I can't seem to buy Vacation homes over the phone, the sims will be talking and then the animation will reset, I can on the computer though, though the dialog box is blank only with the yes or no option, and when I select yes, the pop-up box is blank.
edit: Are there any cheats to make people you vacation with controllable like in Pets?

lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2007, 05:21:11 pm »

I would like to know that one Gen0ism. I didn't know there was an hack for that.  Gen0ism, check for phone hacks, or default replacements.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Kitty!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2007, 05:30:22 pm »

I have 10,245 CC in my folder, with it, 13 hacks, I have hacket coat hanger (numenor?), mysterious voodoo bottle(carrigon), merola multipainting(merola), college clock (maty), childsupport controller(dont remember, it was in modthesims2), pregnancy wear any outfit(squinge), lizzlove swinger bed with pregnancy(lizzlove), teen woohoo_seasons(jenflower), smonaff_jogging(dotn know, its from modthesims2), no relationship decay(squinge), decorgal model pose hack(decorgal), baby memory fix(squinge), teen runaway enabled(squinge).  Im wondering whats gonna happen with squinge's hacks?  Cause since he quitted he wont be updating the hacks, so that means i have to delete them right? Sad  My game crashes, in fact, it even turns off my comp when playing it, i tried disabling all CC, loaded very fast, no lag, but it crashed once i booked my vacation.  Last night i played it, it didnt happen,(with CC enabled)  But the lag was horrible, game running slow.  Taking like 10 sec sometimes.
ForNeverKrystle

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2007, 05:46:34 pm »

Against my better judgement I removed the InSimenator and all other hacks from my game and loaded Bon Voyage. The problem started when the group of four going on vacation arrived at their destination, only one was playable (the one who'd actually booked, and payed for, the holiday), the other three weren't selectable. Unfortunately one of the three unselectable Sims was my own self-Sim and as a result I ate food with green mist rising from it and spent the night wandering the hotel corridors along with my other unselectable companions. Admittedly if you go on vacation in reality there's always a chance of food-poisoning and sleepless nights but surely this can't be right, is the un-selectability a glitch, it was the worst holiday I've ever had, woo-hoo wasn't even an option!
Annette1955

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2007, 06:46:51 pm »

I've complained about the lag elsewhere, but I may as well complain here too!
My game computer is not on the internet, so I don't think it is the phone home option the new launcher has. I noticed that every time the lag happens someone has started a water balloon fight. I'm on the look out for a hack that can nuke this behaviour to see if that will help. If it's not that I'm out of ideas. I've turned off shadows, turned other graphical effects to medium, deleted groups cache, upped my ram to 2gig, even removed the sims folder and let the game generate a new one so that the test game really was vanilla. Bon Voyage will be fun eventually.....just not right now!
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2007, 07:12:54 pm »

Have you tried Squinge's noautonomyballoonfights hack? I know it may be old, but I am desperate. If it don't work, I will pull it out of my hacks folder.
the link:  http://files.sims2graveyard.com/squinge/noautonomous_stuff/

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2007, 07:17:24 pm »

Quote from: ForNeverKrystle;921295
The problem started when the group of four going on vacation arrived at their destination, only one was playable (the one who'd actually booked, and payed for, the holiday), the other three weren't selectable.

The only selectable/playable sims on vacation are members of the household that booked the vacation.  Any non-household members invited along remain non-selectable just as they normally are in the main neighborhood.

BTW, Insim wouldn't have helped you make the others selectable.  I use testingcheatsenabled true and tried making my guest selectable with the game cheat.  Didn't work.  It goes for townies, but not my guest.  I think it has something to do with they show up in the sim bar so you can see needs and the like even though you can't control them.
mysticgoddess

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2007, 07:41:23 pm »

So is anyone else having problems with not being able to click on the doors at the resort? having problems with it and was wondering what was wrong?
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2007, 07:55:48 pm »

I get the hang or lag at the content screen and the town selection screen.  If I remove my mods, I just get it at the town selection screen and the vacation lots.  

I also noticed the hang up does not happen when I play from a normal house, the real bad hang happens when they sims visit a vacation spot.  I mean it gets bad.  I disabled reflections, set shadows to medium, makes things better for a minute but then gets bad again.  I'm far and above the minimum requirements and I'm slightly above the recomended requirements, so I don't know what the story is with this expansion.

I know the vacation lots have a bit too much content and a few to many sims on the lots.  But I think this expansion is screaming for a patch already.

One good thing.. Bon Voyage adds jewelry.  Which is a good because I noticed after I installed Seaons the custom jewelry would flash blue quite often, but now I don't have to use that custom junk.  Not that I can even play the game right now, the lag is to annoying.

sapmb24

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2007, 09:55:23 pm »

I just found out, you can't use the selector on a sim you bring with you on your vacation.
MutantBunny

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2007, 10:11:14 pm »

Try the pet cheats--your friends on vacations are pets, didn't you know Smiley

Pretty sure that lag every few minutes is the game trying to phone home--whether you're on the internet or not. You can take a look at your taskmanager: The phone home is a rundll32.exe that pops up when you use the launcher. Switch your shortcut to point to the sims2ep6.exe and bypass the laucher.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 11:24:39 pm by MutantBunny » Logged
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2007, 10:47:13 pm »

I'm bypassing the launcher and still getting the lag.  I just did a clean install of all of the packs, didn't help.  But I did find something odd in my task manager, an instance of iexplore which shouldn't have been there. But it was only using 234k, that wouldn't cause any kind of lag.  I also verified my drivers, latest nvidia drivers though.  Oddest thing.  I'm gonna try a few more things though.. not done yet.

MutantBunny

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2007, 11:23:21 pm »

Also, for whatever reason, I had to 'switch' my shortcut twice. The first time for some reason didn't 'take'. I don't know what I could have done wrong. That is when I found the rundll running with the launcher. But the second time I switched it I hit apply, the saved then went back in to make sure it was switched. When I loaded the gaME THAT TIME, THE CORRECT EP6.EXE WAS RUNNING AND THERE WAS NO RUNDLL*.EXE. Ooo damn caps lock sorry. I also checked my firewall settings just to make sure. EP no phone home.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: