Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 03:38:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: List your Bon Vonyage bugs and compatabilty issues  (Read 89042 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Taruto

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: September 20, 2007, 06:22:17 pm »

I think it should be expected that you should remove hacks and backup your game (just in case) before you add a new EP. Because you do not know if a hack is compatible with the EP. You should bookmark and check that site frequently for updates. If you're still unsure, ask the mod creator.

Any other problems in the game should be addressed in a patch from EA (if they make one).

Not exactly a bug, but I noticed on one of the Twikki lots, the male and female restroom doors are on the wrong rooms (male door on female restroom and vice versa). Tongue
freshsfs2003

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: September 20, 2007, 08:42:18 pm »

Quote from: t2igger817;943918
Check out this picture! I entered a hotel lot that i'd just finished. At first I noticed one inseminator on the corner of the house, hidden behind  a deck. I thought it was funny, 'cause I didn't remember putting one on the lot.  So, I wasn't even using the inseminator. In fact, I didn't even think I installed the latest version yet. I shrugged and kept playing. Then I happened to notice on the other corner of the lot, there were a whole bunch spanning the left side of the hotel. I even saw them as they just kept popping up. I thought it was kind of funny. Hopefully by re-installing the new version that won't happen again.

This is a really funny photo. I'm not laughing at your pain though. I could only imagine watching them all pop up, like WTF. Funny very funny.

The American ideal, after all, is that everyone should be as much alike as possible.  James Baldwin
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: September 20, 2007, 09:43:43 pm »

Maxis has announced that they are working on a patch especially to fix the regenerating tour guide and charlatan. Too bad Pescado blinked and we had a fix with in a day or two.

If anyone is missing interactions or missing options he or she should really bite the bullet and find what down loaded hacks are causing the problem.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
ryanjuzi

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 21, 2007, 01:31:10 am »

Hi, I have installed Bon Voyage onto my pc and when I click on it to play it the screen pops up, it shows which other ep's I have installed but not bon voyage. It asks me to insert the sims pets disc and then goes to that game but nothing about bon voyage that I can see? I can also access the 'body shop' and other links, just not the actual game? Can anyone help, am I installing it incorrectly, do I have to do something first to enable the holidays or is there a certain order I need to install all the expansion packs?
I hope this is clear enough, I m newish to this type of forum. Thanks.

ps. I did a full uninstallation (incl. reg keys) of all games as per ea instructions but still have same problem.

Please can someone help, I so badly want to play bv!

Juzi
t2igger817

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 21, 2007, 11:35:04 pm »

I had the same type of thing going on when I first installed BV. I did a clean install from start to finish. I was all excited, then frustrated, then pissed. My error had to do with "daemon software  or tools conflict". I didn't have any of that on my computer. I practically took my computer back down to the bare minimum. Nothing worked and Maxis tech. was no help. I was so frustrated, I wanted to cry. I couldn't play the damned game I'd been waiting for. Never had any problems like that before. But I also felt pretty stupid crying because I couldn't play my "dumb" game.

Then, I had an idea! Since  the game thought I had a virtual drive somewhere when I didn't, why not use one. I went to one of 'those' gaming sites. I got a copy of the no cd hack, (I mean patch Wink). It worked!

So, now I play my game  with the no cd patch and my original cd is safe from wear and tear. Everybody's happy! sooo.....try the no cd patch. hope it helps

t2igg
fftamfan

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 24, 2007, 12:14:10 pm »

Bv has installed a bug in itself. Its called securom. The anti-piracy software has changed with this ep, problem is it causes more harm than good for legitimately owned consumers. Securom is know to cause very poor game performance and lag due to memory loopholes from securom, no matter what your specs are it will cause the same effect even on high end machines. This is a widespread issue in the gaming community, has effected other games in the past eg.tomb raider anniversary,supreme commander bioshock and list goes on. This issue should not be ignored, i believe this is one of the main culprits of bv's "memory leakage", other than the npc respawning.

Some further information regarding this issue of what SecuROM does:
- conflicts with normal programs eg.anti-virus, system explorer programs and nero
- scans unused areas of computer memory incl. the hard drive (leading to memory leakages)
- blacklists legitimate software eg. auto-run programs running in the background
- been reported that making backups and reinstalling bv is proven to be difficult due to secuROM
- can dysfunction cd-rom drives and virtual drives

Further discussion of this issue at:
http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=441e9fea8dbed1225b1461466d6267b9&directoryID=189&startRow=1&openItemID=item.189,root.1,item.43,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 09:51:57 pm by fftamfan » Logged
DokiePlayer
« Reply #186 on: September 24, 2007, 02:40:56 pm »

1) My sims can't go out to eat in that tropical beach hotel restaurant,that silly woman is always talking trough the phone and won't help my simmies:bawl:

2)Sometimes my sims don't move anymore angry9:

3)And lot more problems ,I forgot.:?
stillfoolish88
« Reply #187 on: September 25, 2007, 07:34:53 pm »

umm.. i dunno if this is a new one or not. when i took my family on vacation to the islands i stayed at the hotel (i forget the name) that has a beach in the back. not the one with the individual houses but the hotel that has a resteraunt and the hula thing on the side.. anyway not the point. when i loaded the lot the insiminator was already on the lot.. in several diff places might i add. also on the lot was the relationship heart and the teddy bear and the motives diamond. the problem is.. they duplicate! like.. repeatedly.. over .. and over.. and over.. till theres no more walking space on the lot! i tried going to buy mode and just deleting them but its no use.. they keep appearing.. and just duplicating more and more. i dunno if theres a fix yet.. i just thought i'd put that out there.
babyj870508

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 26, 2007, 11:56:44 pm »

I need help!!!!! None of my CCs work, the only things that work are lots and objects all others just don't show. up!!!!! I'm going out of my mind with that and the fact that my sim has a sunburn that won't go away how do I get rid of it???
SuperFake

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 27, 2007, 06:13:42 am »

My list so far:

- graphic errors caused by nvidia+vista, can be toggled off by switching reflections off and restarting the game, than turning reflections ON again. Don't forget to toggle them OFF before leaving the game. Instead of restarting you can also type "vsync off" in the cheat box, then "vsync on" again. It's not logical, but it works as if it were....

- people start dancing the group dances where it's coming to their mind, not in the room where the music is. Quite annoying in discos or partys, because there's still a high chance that they got struck by lightning outside.

- overall there's no specific behaviour left- what I mean is, that serious, neat persons behave just the same way like playful, messy sims do. Elders behave like childs, childs behave more serious than their parents (ever saw an adult read the newspaper the last time? My kids do so, while their parents are playing in the sand at the beach or throwing water baloons). That's really annoying, because I like to *watch* the game, not only commanding them to do what I want.

That isn't a bug, but watching my sims on the lot, I sometimes guess that the next EP ist something like "Gone Crazy"- build your own sanatory, become a psychatrist and help your sims out of their mania.

-----
sorry for raping the English language;)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 06:17:58 am by SuperFake » Logged
freshsfs2003

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: September 27, 2007, 08:50:31 am »

Once I figured out what hacks were bother BV for me, I removed them. Had no problems, just really small glitches here and then. But yesterday morning before work I played, NO PROBLEM. Last night I came home tryed to run it and (this is VISTAS) now it crashed before it get's started. It's really wierd. I already a long time ago bypassed the launcher and it showed up again with saying Launch Sim2ep6. I restared my computer because sometimes that helps. Then started again this morning and it crashes five seconds after I click the shortcut. I haven't downloaded any new CC either. I'm still trying to figure this one out. I love this game but I was reading the complaint thread at Sim2.com and it just pisses me off. I hate that some J@#$a#@ decided that BV needed SecuROM. Thanks Maxis!

The American ideal, after all, is that everyone should be as much alike as possible.  James Baldwin
freshsfs2003

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: September 27, 2007, 01:41:26 pm »

Quote from: Deviancy;921516
I get the hang or lag at the content screen and the town selection screen.  If I remove my mods, I just get it at the town selection screen and the vacation lots.  

I also noticed the hang up does not happen when I play from a normal house, the real bad hang happens when they sims visit a vacation spot.  I mean it gets bad.  I disabled reflections, set shadows to medium, makes things better for a minute but then gets bad again.  I'm far and above the minimum requirements and I'm slightly above the recomended requirements, so I don't know what the story is with this expansion.

I know the vacation lots have a bit too much content and a few to many sims on the lots.  But I think this expansion is screaming for a patch already.

One good thing.. Bon Voyage adds jewelry.  Which is a good because I noticed after I installed Seaons the custom jewelry would flash blue quite often, but now I don't have to use that custom junk.  Not that I can even play the game right now, the lag is to annoying.

OK I finally bypassed the launcher (AGAIN) and got my game to start. I built a house and everything in this house was fine. Until I bought clothes. Before anyone asked the only hack related to clothing I have is the compatible pregnancy wear anything hack. But I did use InSim to buy my clothes. I noticed that one I bought clothes this lot began to lag. Now I was tons of memory and a Vistas HP. I noticed this happened on another lot too. But only in my normal Neighborhood. Not anywhere else not even BV lots. WTF?

cheriec

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 30, 2007, 06:00:32 pm »

Hey just wanted to put in my two cents. when i first got bonvoyage i had some problems like the hotels wouldnt let me check in etc and then after i got that fixed when i ordered room service my food would dissapear when the bellhop brought it i found out it was the community party hack and the buy build enabler causing my problems after i removed them everthing seems to be going fine and i really like the new vaccation destinations. well just my 2 cents so if you are having the same problems remove the buy build mode enablers and community party hacks and it sould work

Cherie
gali

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 01, 2007, 11:03:42 am »

I don't know if anyone noticed, but the "schizophrenia" returned again. Suddenly, my sim rolled a want to see the ghost of...himself...Smiley.

As SimPe isn't compatible yet with BV, I used the Enhanser, and saw, that he hates himself -100! Of course I fixed it, but I think EAxis programmers should fix it again in their new patch.
llamalover82

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 01, 2007, 12:17:48 pm »

my mailbox makes awhole bunch of newspapers, plus when i go to the phone to schedule a vacation, the airport shuttle just drives right on by... any suggestions?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: