Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 06:10:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19
  Print  
Author Topic: List your Bon Vonyage bugs and compatabilty issues  (Read 88699 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 15, 2008, 01:45:23 pm »

Some mods can be (sometimes) downloaded in houses without warn, so if you use the Sims 2 pack clean installer to install the houses it will be more safe too. Wink
Lythanda

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 16, 2008, 05:55:46 pm »

:notsmili:
:smt119 This is a weird issue :sign6: but I haven't seen anyone with this particular problem as of yet.  My sim will go to a community lot and while they are moving to the new lot, I get this error with the "Controller - CLP - Community Lot - Populator".  Cancel or reset does not work so delete is the only option I can use when this pops up.  It loads the lot with NPC's but no visitors show up. I can call and invite someone to join them though. Any suggestions?  
My error log is attached (wish I could understand what's causing the problem). :dontknow:
I just did a massive cleanout of my hacks and mods, (before I did, they couldn't leave the lot at all!) so if there are any conflicts, I'm not sure what it is. :hmph:

:h3lp: Help?  :headbang::blast:

:pray: :Huh?:

* ObjectError_N004_t30.txt (69.42 KB - downloaded 181 times.)
SexyBeast0979

The Gentle Zombie...?

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 22, 2008, 10:20:47 am »

Quote from: Lythanda;1101178
:notsmili:
:smt119 This is a weird issue :sign6: but I haven't seen anyone with this particular problem as of yet.  My sim will go to a community lot and while they are moving to the new lot, I get this error with the "Controller - CLP - Community Lot - Populator".  Cancel or reset does not work so delete is the only option I can use when this pops up.  It loads the lot with NPC's but no visitors show up. I can call and invite someone to join them though. Any suggestions?  
My error log is attached (wish I could understand what's causing the problem). :dontknow:
I just did a massive cleanout of my hacks and mods, (before I did, they couldn't leave the lot at all!) so if there are any conflicts, I'm not sure what it is. :hmph:

:h3lp: Help?  :headbang::blast:

:pray: :Huh?:

Have you checked out the forums on the official Sims 2 website... Because, well, there are apparently A LOT of people having problems with BV. I know that they have a patch here. But to be honest I would consider uninstalling it for now because EA doesn't  generally seem to be concerned with the overwhelming fact that thousands of people from the Sims 2 community are all having some sort of problem with this new EP for the game.
I personally had my computer give me the blue screen of death while I was playing BV. All I was doing was having my character study at home and bam, blue screen of death. luckily I was able to recover, but on other forums I happened to read, other people have not been so lucky.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 10:23:25 am by SexyBeast0979 » Logged
Lythanda

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 22, 2008, 01:31:06 pm »

I ran the patch but it was the same one I'd already installed.  Last time I had an error and opted to uninstall and reinstall, I lost everything and had trouble reintegrating my lots back into the new neighborhoods.  I did look there first, but had no luck in finding a solution beyond what you suggested.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 01:31:36 pm by Lythanda » Logged
chris626

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 27, 2008, 04:12:34 pm »

Im having a problem with BV. When i first installed it and made a new home with a family strange things started happening. Like when they bought a vacation home and wanted to visit it the taxi never comes until way later on, but just passes by. Just like the car ride for work. Another problem was with the paperboy i can never see him. He just leaves a bunch of newspapers over and over again. Also with the visiting neighbors! they come and they get stuck. *never leaving sims* ay ya yai
can somebody please help me!
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: January 29, 2008, 09:33:46 am »

You have to close and reload the game a few times, after enabling the cc. After that it should show up as usual.

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

bestock

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 29, 2008, 12:03:23 pm »

I don't know how this happened! I had a house/lot I downloaded called '"UDCC" and I tried to move a sim family into it. The game crashed and quit. Tried a second time and the same thing happened. I deleted the lot, but somehow all the people in my neighbordhood, except for 2 families (very trange) disappeared! Their houses were there, but darnit, disappeared later.

Any Ideas?
nixandbeen3
« Reply #262 on: February 01, 2008, 10:37:56 pm »

Okay, my sims keep getting stuck on vacation! IT'S SO ANNOYING. they can't save so pretty much the entire vacation is a waste and nothing happend. Does anyone know how to get them off?

I tried calling and saying end vacation and they just hang up.  And when I call and say end vacation and return home it just doesn't work.

Plus, when I arrived it already said time to return home. AND I CAN;T CHECK IN!! This is so weird.
sarahkratos

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 02, 2008, 11:02:45 am »

:smt120HI i also have same problem i can take my sims on vacation save my game and go back to it later. But when it,s time to go home and check out no car arrives to take sim bake home so my sims are stuck on vacation and i cannot check back in..SO THEY DIE...But if i buy holiday house it works so it,s  like what the....SO ANNOYING..
sarahkratos

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 06, 2008, 06:02:35 am »

I think I solved my problem that I had with bon voyage I backed up my downloads folder,sims,houses,accessory etc-uninstalled bon voyage and then reinstalled I then put downloads folder back in loaded game fine went on vacation fine check out come so did car to take sim home..Idont think bon voyage installed properly.. Thats not to say that uninstalling and reinstall well  work for everybody with this problem or that my game will not bug up again...Thats EA for you we love them when it works and hate them when its not. SORRY ABOUT SPELLING..
tweetyilliam

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 14, 2008, 04:12:37 pm »

For some reason my sims cant walk to other lots, they'll head for the portals, and then jus stop, can nay1 help me?
Bertie

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 18, 2008, 06:10:42 pm »

My Japanese couple had baby which was cute when born, saved etc. When re-opened game, baby was very cute still but completely black with no skin.

I mucked around a bit selecting, ageing etc which initially failed but finally managed to toddlerize and get skin and menu back. I didn't use InSimenator for this resolution completely ...(parents couldn't grow up baby) except for active sim menu first and then used the little babyhack model (I think)..'grow me up' to finish it off. Because it was intense I can't quite remember but It's okay now after fiddling around a lot.

This was in standard lots not anything to do with the holiday site but I am running BV.
Jayde_lady

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 23, 2008, 06:13:43 pm »

well my issue is that it wont open body shop 4 me
erinexia07

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 23, 2008, 07:17:06 pm »

I have got a question..

so I stopped playing BV for 2 months, it was working perfectly fine when I last played. all my cc worked, hacks and everything and no lag whatsoever. I come back to it today (after installing other games from other companies on my comp), and I try to go into a house, freezes and crashes at the loading screen. OK, maybe the other programs I had running messed with it. I turn them off, reload and try another house in a different neighborhood. freezes and crashes again. I restart my computer, take out my downloads, reload again and try to create a family, crashes at the loading screen again. I went out and bought Free Time to see if installing something else would help, does the same thing.

I can go into neighborhoods, but cant play houses? anyone ever have this problem or know how to fix it?
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: September 23, 2008, 07:20:59 pm »

You might want to try deleting your groups.cache and accessories.cache files and go into your Thumbnails Folders and delete those also.

The games regenerates those files when you start it up again.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19
  Print  

Jump to: