Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 12:13:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: List your Bon Vonyage bugs and compatabilty issues  (Read 89131 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2007, 01:45:05 am »

Just stepping in to give everyone a heads up, there are serious problems with sound drivers conflicting BV.  At this point, I know we all expect video drivers to be the nightmare, and there are conflicts there, but it's more than likely that a lot of you are having problems because of your sound cards.  I don't have a list of bad drivers/cards yet; but so far I have tested Audigy Vortex of Sound 8800, 8810, 8820, 8830 and all the Sound Blaster cheap cards and been rewarded with halts and crashes under Windows XP.  It may be the hardware or it maybe the driver.

the 8800 series was made originally by Aureal Semiconductor but seen on a wide variety of sound cards - including Turtle Beach and Creative SoundBlaster cards, but Aureal was either purchased by Creative or they sold the augidy chip technology to Creative about 2000 or 2001.  The chips were good "back in the day" but have long since fallen behind in DirectX compatability.

I won't own a copy of Windows Vista, I'll go back to Unix before I do that :lol:

Some problems in WIndows Vista may be a result of 32-bit software being run under a 64-bit Operating System.  I will leave that to those more expert in the matter to determine.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 05:11:37 am by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2007, 04:05:17 am »

Good call there Beos...

I went ahead and went into the device manager..

Disabled the Audigy 4..

Tossed a few hacks into the downloads folder..

Opened the game..

Now without music it's hard to tell if the music was cutting off.  However, no freezes.. I scrolled up and down the mod list to make sure it wouldn't hang.. it didn't.  I then ok'd that and got to the town selection.  Now the freeze usually caused the little animated pictures to well.. freeze.  They did not freeze.. so I picked a town and entered..

Now this is where I can't if there's an issue..

The loading screen stayed up for quite awhile.. maybe 2 minutes..  Then the town loaded and I picked a house and loaded that.. that loaded at the normal speed it always does.  The sims were having a balloon fight.. seemed to be stable.. they weren't freezing up at all.  The only time I got a little hesitation is when the nanny came and when the carpool came.  This is normal for me however, I always get hesitation any time a car enters the lot or the sun comes up.  

I did not try a vacation lot.  

So the freezes are occuring because EA screwed up and didn't test things properly.  It isn't that much of a task, Creative hardly ever updates their drivers.  They've had the same ones up for 12 months and the other expansions had no issue with them.

But this explains why some are having a blast with BV.

There is one other bug.. unless I'm going nuts.

When I click on the door to exit the game, the sims always brings up the yes or no question.  Ever since I installed BV, that prompt comes up but sometimes exits before I click on yes or no.. heh.

They really should have tested this expansion better..
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 04:10:11 am by Deviancy » Logged

ForNeverKrystle

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2007, 04:10:34 am »

Quote from: ancienthighway;921425
The only selectable/playable sims on vacation are members of the household that booked the vacation.  Any non-household members invited along remain non-selectable just as they normally are in the main neighborhood.

Thanks ancienthighway (!) that had never occured to me, all four Sims were from different households, it's a mistake I won't be making again!
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2007, 05:06:43 am »

Deviancy, I just came back from testing a Creative Audigy 4.0 Pro to add a note on that model and it's like you describe, choppy play at best.  Almost any of the audigy cards will be buggy.  These seem to be only slightly modified versions of the same chipset that was used in the AWE-32 sound cards - and those were barely DirectX 8 compatible, so it is really pushing the technology beyong its limits and defrauding the public on Creative's part to claim these cards are DX9 compatible.

If you have an onboard sound chip of some sort, I have discovered even the ones most people consider complete crap will get the job done with no choppy performance.  the AC'97 series is what is most common for onboard sound, and it worked admirably well.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
joanne1977

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2007, 05:10:01 am »

ohh ive been lucky with my game,no problems at all.
Rayea

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2007, 05:54:10 am »

Beo's right about the AC97....i have that, and all i get is an occasional pause in the sound and some slowdown when theres a lot of simies on my lot (on the vacation island)

so far, i havent had that many probs.
but they havent realy thought things out.....i can order food as a child from room service, but i cannot get seated and order food with a kid? 0.o toddler, i can understand, who wants a rugrat underfoot on their hols (from a sims pov)

i had a few hacks that no longer worked, like the no dance on toes, flush lavies ect. took them and a few others out...

oh, the merola's multipainting? i heard that was no longer compatable past um, was it Nightlife, when the Vincents sim modder came out? try removing that one and squingies, since each ep, they need re-doing anyway Sad

also..if your going to have kids/teens on a vacation, i found that its better, but not as good, to book only ONE suit/room...the kid could'nt go to her room when i had the hacks i took out in, (i also removed the extra gypsy potions, the ones with the virility and sterilty option, all sims had check my pots stats over their heads) then afterwards, she was the only one that could, mom and pop were stuck unable to select doors, so i left the hotel and went to another smaller one (i was at the twikkii named one) and went to the 1simoleon listed one and bought a 1 single 1 double room and bingo...everyone could go to bed....

(so, for those wanting to make useable good hotels, i sugest a seperate room for kidies, that way, mom and pop can have some fun when the kids asleep ^^ i duno if kids react to whoowhoing pearants in the same room when they are asleep, but i bet they will now *grumble*)

hm.....i wonder if they(ea) are messing about with the non vista users....i have win2K on my sim machine, and 1 gig mem, and i only get slowdown sometimes, i played all night last night....i never had insim or inteen though....(i can see enough teen mom where i live lol, just look outa my window and HELLO! ^^)

havent tried buying a vacationhome yet from the normal neighbourhood, but i cant buy it from my hotel....hm.....oh and i wonder..can we make a from scratch isle, or will we need to moddy the ones they give us?

will keep looking for bugs though Cheesy
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2007, 07:14:08 am »

oh and i wonder..can we make a from scratch isle, or will we need to moddy the ones they give us?

BV added 6 terrains for custom 'hoods, the 3 used for vacation locations,1 other island, and what may be fixes/updates for Bluewater and RiverblossomHills templates.
Tvldiva

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2007, 07:38:02 am »

Hi everyone, I was reading all the replies about BV, and I have the same lag, but I generally just wait and it starts up again it's like it's thinking about what to do next...lol.  I had a problem with a hack in my game my sims couldn't check into their hotel room, but I found the problem and if any of you have the hack "buybuild" for pets remove it from your files.  So far these files I have seem to work with the game:
Merola's painting
Christianlov's all in one npc (even though he is retired)
DMA Sims
Monique's banking computer

I still have these and a few more in the game and  no problems so far.  However I did notice that when using the phone to order room service I never get it.  But this may be due to a phone hack I have in my file.  Thats all for me. Smiley
Kitty!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2007, 07:41:19 am »

Merola multipainting not working past nightlife? ^^ I have all EPs and im still using it, works still for me, I have the hack conflict detection utility and no problems.  With BV i still using Merola multipainting and it works , lol, that baby aint going nowhere.  Now im really considering uninstalling BV until 1.they make a patch or 2.my hacks are updated. Yes the game is very cute and adds a lot to it, but im not gonna have a meltdown cause my game crashes or freezes a lot, ill stick to seasons until this is resolved.  Sad
Tvldiva

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2007, 07:46:44 am »

I know it seems like a lot, but what you need to do, is remove any and all files that you think are suspect including the hacks and try to run the game, then end it, and go back and grab a few files at a time and put them in the download folder and run game again and see what happens.  I had to do this and found a file in my mod the sims folder that was causing problems and once I removed it my BV runs fine with the exception of not being able to order room svc which is no big deal for me really.
Tvldiva

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2007, 07:52:19 am »

Also, anyone having a problem with the way the tour guide talkes when asking a question?  For me he says unk?  or when you ask whats cool around here he says "mascot" or "chd" or "unk" ........lol go figure.
Kitty!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2007, 07:53:08 am »

I have 10,245 CC, lol so i dotn have that much patience to look for the conflicting file Wink  I did take all hacks out, except merola multipainting, but as i said in another thread, i deleted all CC just to try, and the game runned incredibly fast, but it crashed as soon as she arrived to the vacation island.  Must be the game, and not our comps.  I updated all my drivers once seasons came out, in fact i just upgraded my comp like 6 months ago.  I know my comp is not the issue.  Has to be this game. LOL no, the tour guide guy seems fine to me.  I cant walk to any vacation lots, at 1st got the option, it crashed, and now it doesnt come up at all.
YANFRForm

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2007, 07:58:49 am »

My problem with Bon Voyage is that you can't edit/make new jewelry as I was hoping to do.  I can't believe jewelry isn't available in BodyShop.  I'm sure if there's a hacking program out there I'm unaware of that the jewelry files must be in one of the dll's or other binary files.  I just don't know where to start looking so any clues would be appreciated!
charlotterose23

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2007, 08:36:08 am »

Hey. I installed Bon Voyage this morning when I got it and er I'll let the pictures do the talking:

I didn't even get a chance to go to the vacation place because sooner or later my lots would all fill with newspapers and stuff. I took my hacks out (all that I could find) Sad
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 08:39:21 am by charlotterose23 » Logged

1st Place ~ ANMM
2nd Place ~ RTS, Miss F.A.T
3rd Place ~ Wedding Nightmare, Makeover Remmington, DTS, X-Men Academy, Imaginary Friend
[/COLOR][/FONT]
Kitty!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2007, 09:34:15 am »

OMG im so sry ur experiencing that thats been the most traggic thing i heard about BV!  If i was u i would uninstall it, and wait for a patch, im doing the same cause its unbearable the lag and crashing.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: