Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 08:21:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: List your Bon Vonyage bugs and compatabilty issues  (Read 88895 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2007, 04:55:15 am »

Oeh, I didn't try out Bodyshop yet. Might want to take a look at that. Tongue

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

GossipGirl.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2007, 04:57:41 am »

Okay, so it's a bit off-topic, but if I install Bon Voyage, will it get rid of all my save files and downloads or not? Thankyou x

Don't look so sad, Little J. The sun will come out tomorrow, even if your boyfriend did today. You know you love me,
XOXO Gossip Girl.
[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
YANFRForm

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2007, 05:18:12 am »

Quote from: swannyswish;925334
Okay, so it's a bit off-topic, but if I install Bon Voyage, will it get rid of all my save files and downloads or not? Thankyou x

It didn't get rid of mine, but then I haven't experienced most of the problems here, either, so make a backup!

Although my MTS2 Clean Installer is also missing now...
RanaPeachGa4

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2007, 06:25:22 am »

Inteen is the hack responsible for the newspapers and shuttle not stopping.  I had same problem, removed inteen and work fine now.
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2007, 06:38:43 am »

Yes as far as I have see the installation of Bon Voyage keep the Downloads and the rest (neighborhoods...). I don't understand why. :roll:
But yep, a save before installation is always useful. Cheesy
blu00

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2007, 07:29:16 am »

Wow ... I must admit, I haven't encountered most of these problems with Bon Voyage. The only bugs I had were that sometimes times stops and some of my lots won't load (waited once almost 1/2 hour for a lot to load, after that
I had to turn off my game using the task manager). My Clean Installer is still there and i can still use all of my CCs without any problems, escept for the hacks. I guess this release is the worst (bugs concerned) until now 'cause probably it was too soon. I hope they will release some patch soon enough ...
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2007, 07:35:07 am »

Before I installed BV, I moved my downloads to the desktop, ran the game to see how it functioned. Just to warn new players, know that your saved games will remain intacted, but if you test the game without cc and you save while playing a house before BV or any EP installation, the game will revert back to default objects.
Also, I installed H&M and Glamour Stuff after BV, and the game works fine.

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
poundingheart

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2007, 07:44:06 am »

I have just installed BV and it is great going on vacation but the Insim multiplys on my vacation lots so for now I cannot send my sims on holidays or just put up with the Ins all over the place. lol .

I would just like to add that I can wait patiently for the updates as BV has a lot of new things etc and will take some figuring out. cheers and great work Eric and all the team here.
Kitty!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2007, 07:45:32 am »

Yeah things are getting a little better for me too, i played last night with all my CC and hacks, didnt have a single problem, it paused for like 5 seconds a couple of times, but didnt crash or anything bad.  One thing did happen though, when i quitted the game and saved, it took foreveeer.  Then my monitor turned off, and turned on back again and was in my desktop.  So weird...  Anyone know where i can find bigfoot?  I know his in the mountains but im staying there and havent seen him>?
MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2007, 08:15:12 am »

Be careful to back up everything before you install!!!

I decided to unistall  the game becuase of the many crazy problems I had. I kept me from playing completly with all the stops and freezes (and I tested without cc) and I didnt even think about trying to finish my meshes.

I removed all my dowloads and saved sims folders before so they dont get "changed " and become incompatible. I unistalled just the BV, only the BV. When I went to check my My doc\Ea\Sims 2 folder (to put all my cc back) the folder is gone!! I looked and tryed to see if Im just blind but it is not the case. The sims 2 folder deletes after an uninstall.
So make a back up of your Downloads, your Saved Sims (if you make cc), AND your teleport lots (+ lots you packaged prevoiusly) becuase they will all be nonexistant after an uninstall.

I have prevoiusly uninstalled other EPs (pets for one) when I had issues and only the downloads folder was missing, which can easily be remedied by making a new one. So everyone, beware, Ea has made it more difficult to restore the game if you choose to remove BV. I had lots I made that I havent uploaded (was planning too) and they are gone with the wind...:pale::crybaby::cwm21:

Checkout my Creations & Please read  My Policy , thank you in advance.
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2007, 08:17:20 am »

Ok first off..

The long quit time is normal, the game is saving at that time usually.  It takes about an additional 15 seconds with BV installed though and even longer if you're using a resolution in the game that doesn't match the resolution on your desktop.  I had to switch to a lower resoltion to play BV because of the sound bugs, it limits the audio clipping somewhat.  I still get the 5 second hangs though.  

As for Big Foot..

When you dig for treasure there's a map to be found.  I found the map on the cheapest lot on the vaction spot.  I can't remember name of the camp grounds area, twills?  But if you dig for treasure in front of the home, you'll find a map.  Once you find the map and then pick "walk to lot", the hidden locaiton will show up and you can pick it.  The same goes for the witch doctor, you have to find the map in order for his lot to show up.  

The witch doctor so far is the best hidden area.  He gives you the voodoo doll which allow you to cast spells that sometimes back fire.  However, you can spawn the voodoo doll using cheats, so if you're an impatient type you can go that route.  

Almost everything learned on vaction such as hula, massage, fire dance, and voodoo can be done on the normal lots.  Sunbathing appears to be the only thing that can only be done on beach property.  

Fun expansion.. just wish they'd have tested it better.. but I have faith in a patch..

MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2007, 08:48:47 am »

Quote from: Deviancy;925497
Ok first off..

The long quit time is normal, the game is saving at that time usually.  It takes about an additional 15 seconds with BV installed though and even longer if you're using a resolution in the game that doesn't match the resolution on your desktop.  I had to switch to a lower resoltion to play BV because of the sound bugs, it limits the audio clipping somewhat.  I still get the 5 second hangs though.  

What resolution works best for you? I always had mine set to 1280 X 800 (same for desktop). I tried with a lower resolution 1024 X 768 and my lag is still crazy slow. For me its not an extra 15 seconds, sometimes its like 10 minutes or more with all the screens. To make a new nieghborhood it took almost a half hour. I have all eps and stuff pack except H&M and this is the first time the game did this for me without a large downloads folder. I usually remove most of the downloads when Im working on a mesh, becuase its much easier to see how the mesh works with bone assignments (it loads to the lot screen in a minute or two at most).

Did anyone else experience that kind of delay? I dont have a super gaming pc, but my comp is more than adequate according to the specs on the EA BV page.  I really wish they tested it better before release too.  I also made sure that I did not have any other programs running except the usual in the background (windows, mcaffe monitoring, and my wireless connection).  

Any suggestions would be welcome and much appreciated!  :h3lp: :wave:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 08:50:48 am by MixdCrysy » Logged

Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2007, 09:01:51 am »

I haven't had a chance to actually play BV yet, I've been busy doing the hack dance and trying to get a new hood started (finding a good terrain that would work with beach lots slowed me down but got some nice ones now)

about the only issue I have noticed is an occasional 2 second pause/freeze

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2007, 09:18:47 am »

Quote from: Sleepycat;925538
I haven't had a chance to actually play BV yet, I've been busy doing the hack dance and trying to get a new hood started (finding a good terrain that would work with beach lots slowed me down but got some nice ones now)

about the only issue I have noticed is an occasional 2 second pause/freeze

Had these two before and they worked ok (now the game deleted them so Im searching for all my old hoods).
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=238451
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=238464
I too had to find a vacation hood for the beach lots to work.

Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2007, 09:28:30 am »

Quote from: MixdCrysy;925550
Had these two before and they worked ok (now the game deleted them so Im searching for all my old hoods).
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=238451
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=238464
I too had to find a vacation hood for the beach lots to work.

I got a couple yesterday that are made for beach lots :toothy4:

from this site -> http://www.simsanne.com/

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: