Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 04:49:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: List your Bon Vonyage bugs and compatabilty issues  (Read 88723 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2007, 09:32:23 am »

Quote from: Sleepycat;925562
I got a couple yesterday that are made for beach lots :toothy4:

from this site -> http://www.simsanne.com/

Oooh wow they look really nice, thanks!!  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

Checkout my Creations & Please read  My Policy , thank you in advance.
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2007, 09:36:23 am »

your welcome Smiley a friend of mine found them and sent me the link and I nearly squealed like a little girl :lol:

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
SlayerAngel90

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2007, 09:38:55 am »

I'm going to get BV later when they have the patches and hacks that will solve for those glitches. You can count on Pescado for that. Smiley

Also it'll be cheaper after it's been a while. I always wait a few months before buying the EP.

Save an artist... join the Animal Army.

New MSN: SlayerAngel90@gmail.com Add me if you'd like Smiley

Save the Pandas
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2007, 10:05:52 am »

Quote from: MixdCrysy;925522
What resolution works best for you? I always had mine set to 1280 X 800 (same for desktop). I tried with a lower resolution 1024 X 768 and my lag is still crazy slow. For me its not an extra 15 seconds, sometimes its like 10 minutes or more with all the screens.

Ok.. that's excessive..

Did you try the other things I suggested such as turning down the audio quality?  I used to run the game at 1280x1024 with everything on high and reflections off.  Reflections only tend to hurt lag wise when I have a big downloads folder, otherwise they work fine.  Besides, reflections to me are kind of pointless since I can see the sim, I don't need to see its reflection as well.

1280x800?  Are you using a laptop?  

Try this..

Try setting the game at 1024x768, lower the audio quality via the sims ingame menu.. and have your desktop set at 1024x768.. then quit the game and see if it still takes as long.

I'm starting to feel as if quite a few of you have little faith in EA patching things properly.  Are they bad at supporting their products?

MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2007, 10:48:08 am »

Quote from: Deviancy;925631
Ok.. that's excessive..

Did you try the other things I suggested such as turning down the audio quality?  I used to run the game at 1280x1024 with everything on high and reflections off.  Reflections only tend to hurt lag wise when I have a big downloads folder, otherwise they work fine.  Besides, reflections to me are kind of pointless since I can see the sim, I don't need to see its reflection as well.

1280x800?  Are you using a laptop?  

Try this..

Try setting the game at 1024x768, lower the audio quality via the sims ingame menu.. and have your desktop set at 1024x768.. then quit the game and see if it still takes as long.

I'm starting to feel as if quite a few of you have little faith in EA patching things properly.  Are they bad at supporting their products?

Yeah, I use a dell M140. I had a decent desktop but it died a horrible death (:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:). I have been using the laptop for about a year now, and its only slow when my downloads folder exceeds 5 or 6 gb (which happens alot becuase I cant stop downloading!). I am trying to revive the game as we speak, as BV destoyed my universe and I now have to reinstall (I hope not everything). It wiped out My doc\Ea\Sims 2 folder after I uninstalled it.

The support from EA has not helped in the past ... I have lost alot of faith in them. I feel like if they released the game, then they should have posted exactly what the comp needs to run it properly. According to their specs, basicly any pc you could buy would be ok becuase most pcs come with more ram, decent graphics cards, and better processors than they did 6 years ago, and its clearly not the case. I have Xp, with a 2.8GHz Intel Pentium, 2 gig of ram and the same graphics card Ive had when I bought it (sadly, its from dell and cannot be upgraded :crybaby:). It worked great before, thats why I did not buy a new desktop yet.

They seem to charge a pretty penny for a product that does not live up to what they specified it would be, that is full of problems they could have fixed before its release. I had all the games for Sims 1 and I remember the hype about the Sims 2 and all they said we could do with it, and I also remember that sad feeling when I realized there were no cars, no seasons, no college; ect, until they started realeasing the Eps for it. I will try to turn down the audio quality, ( I dont remember if I did) and the reflections were off.

Thanks for trying to help me. I am glad its working better for everyone and thankful this thread was started so that we can try to help each other. Cheesy
Insim is really the best community to be a part of.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 10:57:20 am by MixdCrysy » Logged

Foxybaby

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2007, 12:37:11 pm »

I have gone on vaction yet, as I started 2 new sims in a brand new neighbourhood in Uni. As soon as I use the flirt interaction-all my other interactions disappear-except for flirt/kiss/hug. I have removed Inteen-which is basically the only hack I use. I deleted the sims and exited the lot. Then re-entered the lot and all the interactions where back. The 2 said sims went on a date and all the lightning bolts from the interactions had disappeared-although their relationship score wasn't very high. I got them to "kiss-tender" and they sprang apart, and all the interactions were gone again-but all the ones left (same as above) had the bolts back on them. I have NO idea what this bug is all about, but i can't find anyone else who's had this bug.

Any idea's?

*DOH!* scrap the above-I'd left in 2 flavour packs from Inteen!!-Jeez I'm stupid!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 01:07:36 pm by Foxybaby » Logged

MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2007, 01:01:04 pm »

I am trying to bring my sims back after I uninstalled BV and BV deleted the folder in my docs (My Docs\Ea games\Sims 2). I reinstalled to try it again, hoping the reinstall will bring back these files that the program deleted. It did not.

So i decided to try running the bodyshop to see what would happen. It did put the some files back. It put back a few files ... the C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2, and the dowloads, collections, logs, teelport, and cigen.package in that folder. It is still missing some, but I am not entirly sure which ones.

After exporting a texture, it put back the projects and after importing it put back my saved sims folder.

I assume that after I have a need for a folder, the game will create it (movies, ect). I am going to try playing again. Bodyshop started very easily this time (I still have not put any CC back). It loaded within 30 seconds. I will change the graphiics settings now, and then disable the audio in game. So far, so good (with bodyshop anyway).

Foxybaby: I have not tried any interactions yet, due to my other bugs, but if all is well when I go in, I will try to see if the interactions go crazy after the flirt interaction.

Note: I blocked that launcher just now, my firewall poped up an alert. I already changed the target on the desltop icon.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 01:13:56 pm by MixdCrysy » Logged

Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2007, 01:22:06 pm »

Quote from: MixdCrysy;925695
and its only slow when my downloads folder exceeds 5 or 6 gb (which happens alot becuase I cant stop downloading!). I am trying to revive the game as we speak, as BV destoyed my universe and I now have to reinstall (I hope not everything). It wiped out My doc\Ea\Sims 2 folder after I uninstalled it. .

Eeek.. I always have about 700 megs worth in that folder and I thought I had too much.  But I don't have a lot of skins which tend to be the larger files in regards to the mods.  Like all of those different bodyshapes like Rio, largeo, and all that.  I don't like huge boobs in real life so I don't need em in a game.  

Quote from: MixdCrysy;925695
The support from EA has not helped in the past ... I have lost alot of faith in them. I feel like if they released the game, then they should have posted exactly what the comp needs to run it properly. According to their specs, basicly any pc you could buy would be ok becuase most pcs come with more ram, decent graphics cards, and better processors than they did 6 years ago, and its clearly not the case. I have Xp, with a 2.8GHz Intel Pentium, 2 gig of ram and the same graphics card Ive had when I bought it (sadly, its from dell and cannot be upgraded :crybaby:). .

Their websites forum is horribly chaotic.  And judging by all of the posts, BV is bug happy.  

But you don't need upgrade..

There are people on their board, gamespot, IGN, etc.. etc.. all claiming to have the lag and freezes.. and they're all using dual core systems with the best GPU's out there.  This issue comes down to the fact that EA didn't optimize this expansion properly with every chipset out there.  Which is why when I disable my soundcard the game seems to run a lot faster.. and with no hangs.  I still get 30-60 load times between towns tho which blows ass.  I can live with that tho.. it's in game playing that I hate lag.

You know what doesn't help.. those who post to the threads saying..

"I can run the game totally fine.."

I mean I'm uh.. happy for them but it's like why are they posting to a bug thread if they don't have a bug?  Unless they know the fix they shouldn't get involved in the conversation because it just makes EA assume it's a problem between the keyboard and chair.  But to be fair.. it is a problem between the keyboard and chair.. but it's their designers with that issue.. not those here.

MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2007, 02:44:00 pm »

Quote from: Deviancy;926023
Eeek.. I always have about 700 megs worth in that folder and I thought I had too much.  But I don't have a lot of skins which tend to be the larger files in regards to the mods.  Like all of those different bodyshapes like Rio, largeo, and all that.  I don't like huge boobs in real life so I don't need em in a game.

Sometimes I just cant help it. We have so many creators who make these beautiful things I just cant wait to play. In the end, I probably download more than I play, and I probably fiddle with meshes more than I dowload. I know, its a sickness.. lol.

Its better now that I disabled the sound and changed the pixels. It took 9 minutes to load to the nieghborhood, 9 to make the hood, and there was a relative improvement for switching between houses, family, and hotel lots.
I just wish that we didnt have to take so many steps to make the game playable. I like to create things for the game and having it look clear is important for screen shots. I will just have to change it everytime I make a new mesh.

Their websites forum is horribly chaotic.  And judging by all of the posts, BV is bug happy.  

But you don't need upgrade..

You can say that again. I hoped I didnt have to upgrade, becuase really, it doesnt seem like its worth it right now even if I had to. As far as vacationing, it seems like EA droped the ball again.

There are people on their board, gamespot, IGN, etc.. etc.. all claiming to have the lag and freezes.. and they're all using dual core systems with the best GPU's out there.  This issue comes down to the fact that EA didn't optimize this expansion properly with every chipset out there.  Which is why when I disable my soundcard the game seems to run a lot faster.. and with no hangs.  I still get 30-60 load times between towns tho which blows ass.  I can live with that tho.. it's in game playing that I hate lag.

"I can run the game totally fine.."

I mean I'm uh.. happy for them but it's like why are they posting to a bug thread if they don't have a bug?  Unless they know the fix they shouldn't get involved in the conversation because it just makes EA assume it's a problem between the keyboard and chair.  But to be fair.. it is a problem between the keyboard and chair.. but it's their designers with that issue.. not those here.

I understand completly. I hope in time, it will improve. I really think I'll just go back to seasons for now.

Foxybaby : I didnt have a problem with the interactions on the home lot or in the hotel, but then agian I reinstalled and didnt get a chance to check before. I wouldnt reccomend reinstalling unless you copied all of the folders and files in the C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 first, becuase the unistaller will delete everythingthere.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 03:21:09 pm by MixdCrysy » Logged

Necro Lolita

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2007, 03:47:28 pm »

I got BV a few days ago and all was well except regarding some glitches caused by Inteen and a few little things with Insim.

Inteen caused visiting sims on my lot to their repeat animations when they tried to leave. It also screwed around with my female sim who had a want panel of six; it only showed two of her wants at the time leaving the rest empty. When it was removed the glitches disappeared and her wants panel returned to normal.

As for Insim, nothing really big nor frustrating has happened with it. It doesn't allow my sims to sunbathe, make sand castles, or any beach related stuff. I can live with that for awhile. There is a problem where the objects tend to multiply on the vacation lots, but that might be because I have the SIM version.

Other than those listed...All is great! Hehe...I liked getting the Twiiki Island secret reward!:happy8:

Participating in the Following Contest(s):

The Hogwarts Experience with Angerona Prittlewell
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2007, 03:57:20 pm »

A hack is any custom content that changes the way the default game behaves.  For example, woohoo for teens is a hack because it changes the actions of the default game.  Sometimes these hacks interefere with new actions that expansion packs install.  Bon Voyage adds a lot of new interactions such as teleporting, tai chai, and voodoo.  Some of the older hacks may or may not interefere with those.  Teleport hacks for example should be totally removed if using BV.

Of course the teleport in Bon Voyage has to be learned from the Ninja, which can be a bitch because when you do see the ninja on a vacation spot, he teleports out of the lot to fast sometimes.  

But there's a trick to do it right away..

Enter the cheat command boolprop testingcheatsenabled true..

Shift - left click on the mail box.. go to spawn npc or create npc.. ninja is in there.  He won't come right away.. may take a few minutes.  When he does run to him right away.. he'll ask a question.. "what came first.. the ninja or the sword".  The answer is ninja.. I don't think this changes each time..

Then bingo.. teleport..

There are quite a few little secrets in BV.. There's still the ghost pirate I haven't found yet.. and I can't spawn him.  When I Try to spawn him I get an error.  I think I have to be at the vacation spot where he resides.. the other npc's can be spawned from town.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 03:59:36 pm by Deviancy » Logged

MidnightVoyager

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2007, 06:29:43 pm »

I have a... massive problem. See, I can't walk anywhere. At all. My Sims start walking, then... stop and go back to doing random things. I have large numbers of mods. Any tips on finding the one that may be the problem? (Or has anyone else figured this one out?)
vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2007, 06:58:03 pm »

Got BV the day it came out,my only problem so far seems to be the lag,it takes from 2 to 15 seconds.Hard to play without the Insim but I'm using the Merola painting and the Merola control mirror(to make people selectable).I have more then 8 GB of CC and some hacks,no problem with instaling with all this on place.I didn't try to make them walk yet.
Hacks I'm still using and don't need updating are Inge Jones schrubs,simsky multilarm,Carrigon's "harvestable"hacks,all of Christianlov hacks,that's what I tried up to now.

Life is  just a game and we are the sims.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22717
Corylea
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2007, 07:33:47 pm »

Quote from: Deviancy;926301
he'll ask a question.. "what came first.. the ninja or the sword".  The answer is ninja.. I don't think this changes each time..

Actually, the question does change.  I've never gotten the ninja and sword question.  I've talked to the ninja twice, and each time the question was different, so (with those two plus yours) there are at least three possible questions.

Middle-aged professional woman still plays video games.  Film at 11.
Denimjo

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2007, 09:44:57 pm »

Quote from: Corylea;926578
Actually, the question does change.  I've never gotten the ninja and sword question.  I've talked to the ninja twice, and each time the question was different, so (with those two plus yours) there are at least three possible questions.

You are correct, Corylea. I got the ninja/sword question, answered 'sword,' and was granted the ability to teleport. The questions are basically (according to Pescado) weighted so that option A is correct 51% of the time and option B is correct the other 49%. There's no way to know which answer will be correct during each encounter.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: