Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:16:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19
  Print  
Author Topic: List your Bon Vonyage bugs and compatabilty issues  (Read 87653 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: November 20, 2007, 12:31:25 am »

what the hell have maxis done,never have i had so much trouble installing a game and then trying to get the stupid thing to run and when it did it kept crashing. if this is the way of the future i wont be buying any more expansion packs,
Happenstance

Love = Adam Ant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: November 20, 2007, 06:33:26 am »

The bug that I have is when my sims go to twiki (sp?) island, they disapare (sp?) and the lot is going to building mode, as if I wanna build when my sims are on their honeymoon!
But the other places (the forest and to the far east) works just fine...

Oh and I had Zoo Tycoon 2 installed, and then I installed Bon Vonyage, and the last mentioned game started to blink and jump and was really crazy untill I uninstalled Zoo Tycoon 2...

weird...

//H

bunny_kissies
« Reply #227 on: November 20, 2007, 01:51:43 pm »

I had Bon Voyage for a month, with lots of cc and the insimenator it worked fine. One day my game just started crashing when loading houses. I uninstalled all my games with no cc or hacks and now they all crash anyway. Even without Bon voyage installed they are unplayable and I hate EA. What a waste of money.
dreamcatchermwh

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 24, 2007, 12:28:36 pm »

I have insimenator and my sim dig for treasure they do everything they should be . So for me it is not the insim. I have all custom content hair, makeup. skins, and showerproof skins, and clothing, recolours and meshes. I do not have any custom objects however. I find that is when the game gets finicky. someone mentioned they have problems purchasing vacation homes. You have to use the computer and select purchase vacation home.And when your on vacation if you choose to walk to community lot then you have to choose to walk to either another community lot, or walk home. Same when you call a taxi on vacation when you choose taxi to visit community lot you also have to use the taxi to go home, or another community lot.The only time i find a pause is when they are done sunbathing they have a tan or burn the game kind of pauses as this about to happen.And when they are combing for sea shaells or digging for treasure, if they find something important then a gain the game has a short pause.I have a good computer and i still find i have to play around with the defult game options . My game won't do well if i play with the default settings on. Which my computor is more than capable.When i turn down the settings my game seems to run fine. I turn off reflextions. I turn off the window inside the window or the special event window.I turn lighting to medium.Things of that nature.So you might want to give that a try.And i use the task manager to end programs running in the background on the computor.And never run virus scanner during game play.Read your manual it best explains how to this safely.If i can do it so can you.

Appreciation is a wonderful thing . It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.:grin:
soveregingamer

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 27, 2007, 01:30:05 pm »

After installing BV I now have a problem where whenever a Sim answers the phone the game crashes.
Fun!
erica_jean698

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 27, 2007, 08:33:07 pm »

Here's my list.

Number one annoyance, Sims cannot use the phone booth to call a taxi when on a downtown lot.  The game crashes every single time.  I've updated with the newest patch and it didn't make a difference.  It's all right though, with the new "Walk to" option, I just walk around my neighbourhood and it works fine.  

Number two.  Pet's don't age.  Not puppies or kittens, or dogs or cats.  They never get one day older.  I've tried everything turning the ageing option on and off in the cheat window.  I've also made the pets selectable and tried using insiminator to turn their aging on.  That doesn't work either.  It kinda takes the joy out of having pets a bit.

Number three.  The ... game ... runs ... so ... slow sometimes.  Other times it's fine, with the same number of sims on the same lot.  Drives me crazy.

Well that's all for now, but I'm sure their's more.  If anyone has any advice to help me with my problems I would be thrilled.

(1st) Picture Perfect (2nd) The Amazing Race (3rd) Model Swap
glenglenda

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 07, 2007, 06:07:36 pm »

I'm not sure if this is a bug with BV or what, but a few days ago I tried to go into Body Shop for the first time since installing BV and it doesn't load properly. the screen looks like this :-x:

Nelson340

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 07, 2007, 10:29:48 pm »

I've been trying to run Bon Voyage, but when it's at the loading screen, it sticks while readying the relaxation receptors. What's wrong?
glenglenda

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 07, 2007, 11:13:59 pm »

Nelson, I've had the same problem before. it could be some CC or a faulty mesh that's freezing the game.  When that happened to me, it turned out to be a living room set I downloaded. The easiest thing to do is to go through your recent downloads, take them out of the folder, and restart the game to see what's causing the problem.
Nelson340

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 07, 2007, 11:45:54 pm »

(EDIT: Never mind, but I have another issue: I got the blue screen of death after checking in to a hotel.)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 07:57:47 am by Nelson340 » Logged
Keekers
« Reply #235 on: December 25, 2007, 10:51:21 pm »

the newspapers just keep  coming, and i cant get picked up to go on vaca the van never stops it just keeps passing by every few hours and doesnt stop and i cant click on it
bedfordbay

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 26, 2007, 02:25:01 am »

I Have all expansion pacs. My game now does not show the Menu to dig or sunbathe( it worked at some point) . Cannot walk to lots, or the game crashes. cannot use the phonebooth to end vacations. The game crashes a lot. Un-installed and re-installed. Tried to un-instal Mods, but still the same.
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: December 26, 2007, 06:11:07 am »

Keekers, you probably still have the old InTeenimater in your game.
The first thing everybody should do before installing a new EP, or at least before complaining about it, is removing all incompatible hacks and mods.

Bedfordbay, have you already tried the patch? That should fix some of the problems you're having, I think.

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

cee_cee7951
« Reply #238 on: December 26, 2007, 10:21:02 pm »

Yea Keekers the same thing was happening to me, the newspapers kept coming, I just deleted the mod and it stopped.

....but there is a new InTeenimater for Bon Voyage so just replace it
http://box156.bluehost.com/~aestudi1/forums/inteenimater/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=570
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 10:23:31 pm by cee_cee7951 » Logged
AuntySocial

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 28, 2007, 02:07:42 am »

Right now I am going through my downloads.  I removed them all from the EA folder, and am slowly putting them back and testing.  My problem was that the mailbox was spitting out newspapers - one about every 30 seconds.   So far,  I haven't found the problem but, will keep testing.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19
  Print  

Jump to: