Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:54:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: List your Bon Vonyage bugs and compatabilty issues  (Read 87655 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
sandshifter

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2007, 06:02:52 am »

I sent a family on vacation and it was all fine, so I saved it and exited the game, and now, I cannot get that hotel to load again, so my favorite family is lost and so is the largest hotel on that neighborhood.
Also, why can't we build or change Vacation Lots???

Sandshifter

Make your own Paradise . . .
MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2007, 07:59:01 am »

Dealing with BV and the bugs was too much. I uninstalled and went back to seasons. I dont understand how the same game could be giving us all of these unique bugs?

sandshifter: I am not sure. this ep is not really player friendly. I spent 3 hours making a hotel (all maxis stuff) and once I finished I had my sim test couple go on vacation. They could go in but they couldnt pick there rooms to check in so they walked around for hours. I clicked every door but nothing. And also, I tried to change the doors to some other doors. When I went in to the lot without sims, I wouldnt let me change barely anything in the build menu.  So I moved the lot to the lots bin, and moved it back to the hood, I realized that I couldnt access doors, windows, stairs...at all! The only thing I could do was change the wall paper. After all my time making the hotel, I couldnt get it to function as a hotel. I even cont+shift+c and did changelotzoning hotel to make sure It was a hotel, went to the hood, then went back in and I still couldnt do anything!

It seems like EA made the game so we couldnt build hotels... we could only use theirs. I guess well know for sure if someone else posts that they have the same problem. But I have seen creators here post vacation lots. Not sure if they were a hotel or just a vacation lot to buy.

Checkout my Creations & Please read  My Policy , thank you in advance.
Frog Girl

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2007, 08:58:17 am »

Most of my problems happen in Takemizu Village. Every time I try to go to the Steaming Dragon, I end up at the Buy/Build option. I CANNOT stay there. I have exited and restarted the game a number of times.:smt120:smt120 I even took out ALL my CC and I still cant check into the hotel. Is any one else having this or a similar problem? I can go to the other hotels, just not Steaming Dragon. My other problem is the lag. My game will NOT go into fast when I am on vacation in Tekemizu. The fast forward button lights up, but the time doesnt go faster. And I seem to have a problem with time stopping every few seconds too. I dont know why this happens. I havent had water balloon fights so it isnt that. Could it be the fish? It seems that wherever there are big ponds is where the time stops the most. Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.:happy8:

I'm so sick of when they say, "It's just a phase, you'll be ok."
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2007, 09:01:49 am »

Quote from: Denimjo;926800
You are correct, Corylea. I got the ninja/sword question, answered 'sword,' and was granted the ability to teleport. The questions are basically (according to Pescado) weighted so that option A is correct 51% of the time and option B is correct the other 49%. There's no way to know which answer will be correct during each encounter.

That's one of the few things I dislike about the Sims 2.  I personally think the questions that pop up during careers, the ninja, tours, etc.. should be legit questions with fact based answers.  It would give the game a trivia like edge but since the answers change on whim.. it doesn't make any sense.  

Still a fun game though.. I mean usually I uninstall a game right off if it has issues.  But I'm trying to work through the BV ones, which makes me feel like an addict but whatever.  

So now the Sims has..

Vampires, werewolves, zombies, plant people, bigfoot, and ninjas and a witch doctor.

I'd have preferred actual witches but they'd probably go with the stereotype and upset a shitload of wiccans.

GRKIDDO

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2007, 09:23:11 am »

I have the Insim.  I can't dig for treasure, can't  swim in the ocean, can't build sandcastles (although haven't taken a child on vaca yet, so maybe that's it) And I can't figure out how to snap photos.  I've tried talking to friends, but no take my picture option comes up.  Any ideas?  I'm having problems with NPC's showing up on lots, so I haven't seen any locals to chat with.  But I did see the pickpocket guy.  He stole the cashiers simoleans.  I tried talking to him, but ony got the what's good around here (or whatever) option.  Somewhere I read that you could get rid of him, haven't figured that one out!

I like the Bon Voyage EP though!  Just waiting for the updated Insim!:worship:
GRKIDDO

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2007, 09:26:12 am »

Frog Girl

I had that problem with the steaming Dragon too.  I was alreaddy checked into another hotel, and tried changing to that hotel, and got the build option.  They sent my sims back home.  I haven't tried playing that family since, so I don't know if they are mad about being sent home early or not!
Frog Girl

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2007, 09:41:36 am »

When it has happened to me the vacation doesnt even register with the family. The shuttle drops them off and they just go about their day as if nothing happened. So you will have to call and book the vacation again. That is another problem with it. If you get any of the memory mementos they are gone when you get home. I just dont go there anymore and I would suggest others do so carefully...:happy8:

I'm so sick of when they say, "It's just a phase, you'll be ok."
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2007, 12:55:03 pm »

MixdCrisy, I uninstall BV a few days ago (but have reinstall it since then).  You did not you saw the pop-up asking if you were sure you wanted to uninstall because it would delete the complete folder since it was unsuable with another ep?

It pop-up right after I hit the uninstall button and it was asking if I would not prefer to cancel and make a back-up first.

So the game does warn you.
MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2007, 01:46:28 pm »

Quote from: MissDoh;927824
MixdCrisy, I uninstall BV a few days ago (but have reinstall it since then).  You did not you saw the pop-up asking if you were sure you wanted to uninstall because it would delete the complete folder since it was unsuable with another ep?

It pop-up right after I hit the uninstall button and it was asking if I would not prefer to cancel and make a back-up first.

So the game does warn you.

It was not just the downloads folder it deleted. I have installed and uninstalled and then reinstalled EPs before. I only ever had to back up my downloads and saved sims folder becuase they were the only ones that the unistaller deleted. BV deleted movies, pics, teleport, and every other folder including the my docs/sims 2 folder.

This is the first time that happened, and I was worried that I would have to reinstall seasons because the whole directory was deleted. I found out later that bodyshop and seasons will make the folders (and files like the cigen.package) new after running it again. Lol.

I just wanted to let everyone know it deletes all the folders and the directory, so other community members know if they want their pics, movies and neighborhoods, to back them up as well (I had movies of my new meshes that I lost). Smiley I did see a pop up but dismissed it as the usually "blah blah back up downloads blah" pop up...lol. Next time I will pay attention. Cheesy:D
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 02:46:15 pm by MixdCrysy » Logged

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2007, 01:57:38 pm »

The TS2 uninstaller has always deleted everything as far as I know.  Probably to ensure that all references to that EP are deleted from the save area.  I wouldn't want to see the bugs that come up after uninstalling an EP and having the game try to read a reference to it in an undeleted folder.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2007, 02:24:50 pm »

Quote from: MixdCrysy;927303
I spent 3 hours making a hotel (all maxis stuff) and once I finished I had my sim test couple go on vacation. They could go in but they couldnt pick there rooms to check in so they walked around for hours. I clicked every door but nothing. And also, I tried to change the doors to some other doors. When I went in to the lot without sims, I wouldnt let me change barely anything in the build menu.  So I moved the lot to the lots bin, and moved it back to the hood, I realized that I couldnt access doors, windows, stairs...at all! The only thing I could do was change the wall paper. After all my time making the hotel, I couldnt get it to function as a hotel. I even cont+shift+c and did changelotzoning hotel to make sure It was a hotel, went to the hood, then went back in and I still couldnt do anything!

It seems like EA made the game so we couldnt build hotels... we could only use theirs. I guess well know for sure if someone else posts that they have the same problem. But I have seen creators here post vacation lots. Not sure if they were a hotel or just a vacation lot to buy.

I know that some people don't like to hear about things that go right in a things that are wrong thread.  But...

I just built a hotel for my main neighborhood.  Nothing fancy, just a rundown dump you never notice (I really wish I could get a grungy swimming pool  lol).  Then after changing lot zoning to hotel, I waited for my sim to get home from work.  Not even a kiss for his wife and baby girl, and he hopped back in the car to head down to that dive, checked in, called up an old girl friend....

While the sim was there, several other rooms were rented also, so it wasn't just playables that would check in.

It worked  just fine for me.   From what I can tell there are two requirements for the hotel, the ConciergoSum Desk in the lobby and the Solidity Door on the rooms.  My hotel was built with cheap furniture released with the original game.
skizicks
Resident Fat Girl

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2007, 02:34:15 pm »

Ok so just got the game a few day ago and I'm having issues from the get go. Here is my list so far

- my toddlers won’t age and get stuck in the same position for hours
- my sims when I play them seem to have a glitch and will freeze  and unfreeze (lag issue)
- other sims will get stuck on my lot and repeat the same thing over and over again like a stuck record (ie they will walk down the stairs get to a certain point the reappear on the top of the stairs again they will do this over and over) it will get to the point that I have to turn on the “moveOjbjects” command and delete them.
- the paper person will get stuck on my lot and keep delivering papers (one time I had over 30    papers)
- tried to book a vacation and the shuttle will just keep driving by the house and will not stop for my sims to get in the car (so I can’t go on vacation)
- also when the car pool comes to pick up my sim it too will keep driving by my house and the only way my sims can get to work is if their out side waiting and I click on the car just at the right time. (this does not work when I try to go on vacation).
- my sims wants and fears are blank, nothing is there, it’s just blue.

Does any ony have any ideas...suggestion....please help!

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, and today; Today is a gift, that is why we call it the present.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 10, 2007, 02:42:41 pm »

Remove Inteenimater and all of your other mods.  Try it again.  Once you're are satisfied it's working you can start to put your mods back in.  But in any case Inteenimater is not compatible with BV and will cause many of the problems you're having at the moment.
skizicks
Resident Fat Girl

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2007, 02:50:47 pm »

thanks ancienthighway I'll try that too.....oh man now I have to actually find where I put them (hacks) ugggggg. Well I'll be busy for the next few hours

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, and today; Today is a gift, that is why we call it the present.
MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2007, 02:55:28 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway;928054
I know that some people don't like to hear about things that go right in a things that are wrong thread.  But...

I just built a hotel for my main neighborhood.  Nothing fancy, just a rundown dump you never notice (I really wish I could get a grungy swimming pool  lol).  Then after changing lot zoning to hotel, I waited for my sim to get home from work.  Not even a kiss for his wife and baby girl, and he hopped back in the car to head down to that dive, checked in, called up an old girl friend....

While the sim was there, several other rooms were rented also, so it wasn't just playables that would check in.

It worked  just fine for me.   From what I can tell there are two requirements for the hotel, the ConciergoSum Desk in the lobby and the Solidity Door on the rooms.  My hotel was built with cheap furniture released with the original game.

Yeah, I guess its just one of those unique bugs I had that others didnt. I had the ConciergoSum Desk and the doors too. At least the transport picked my sims up. The bugs in the gamed sucked, but for me it was the slooowness. My game seemed to freeze up for long instances and in build mode it was worse.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: