Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 01:57:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: List your Bon Vonyage bugs and compatabilty issues  (Read 87668 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2007, 09:37:37 pm »

In the help section, Miss Doh has a post that mentions EA was spawning unnecessary Tour Guides every time one was needed.  In it a post to MATY is referenced with details.

Pescado has updated he anti-redundancy hack to address this issue.  The may solve many of the difficulties some people have encountered.
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 11, 2007, 10:15:49 pm »

Thanks for the update
Moonangel1121

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2007, 12:55:04 am »

Well I have played the BV game now for a few days now and the only time I had any problem was when I had my Insimenator downloaded. Since I took it out I have not had one problem... My game runs without lag... I have all my CC and hacks besides the Insimerator.... Waiting for an update for that and I will be all set again.... I am sorry to see a lot of you are still having problems even with out CC and mods.... Its a good EP I like it a lot.... But I am a Simmer.... Happy Simming to all....

Amanda

:flower:....Live Life Well And Full....:daisy:
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 12, 2007, 05:27:42 am »

Don't be scared Sliim, I had a few problems, but found out it was my hacks. I was testing them to see what works, but now I have updates. It is running smoother now.  They do spawn tour guides alot and I can tell when a new one is coming, my game pauses. I have an older computer and I can't put new ram in, it is at the limit. (1 Gig). Sad

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Anglknghts

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 12, 2007, 05:58:57 am »

In my game, I have voodoo bottle (carrigon), multi painting (merola), both of which I have never had a problem with from the first, and the hacked coat hook (marylou & numenor), none of which seem to be causing my game any problems. I do have a small problem, and I think it was mentioned above, that most of the time, when I give a sim jewelry, it then can't be taken off, be it male or female.  I too, would like to know if there is a hack to be able to control your 'holidaying friends', as it is so annoying that you can't control the people you take on holiday. I love BV, and I am having a ball with all the new features.
Frog Girl

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 12, 2007, 08:45:00 am »

Just wanted to check in and see if any one else is having the problem I am with the Steaming Dragon going into Build mode when I try to check in. I posted earlier and got one person. Does any one know how to fix this?

It seems that Takemizu has the most problems but I have to agree with the positive. I am a simmer and I look forward to the new stuff coming out. I know there will be problems and that they will eventually be fixed. If you have been playing this game for a while you should expect problems as well. We are all just silly humans and we ALL make mistakes.:happy8: So try to be patient and enjoy the game. And remember it is just a game.:smile: I dont want to offend anyone, but I dont like all the negative being thrown around. I love having cheats and hacks in my game, but again if you have been playing this game for a while you know you have to start out without them. It will be ok tho. All of the wonderful people that make those hacks and cheats will update them so our gaming can be more interesting. So here is to being a happy simmer...:beer:

I'm so sick of when they say, "It's just a phase, you'll be ok."
mrs ladybug

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 12, 2007, 09:50:46 am »

Your right it is Takemizu has most problems i've done pretty well with other two am going through my hacks thanks people that have posted what work and does not work.

one_unique_sist

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 12, 2007, 10:01:39 am »

my game is soooooooooooooooooooo slow, its so dreadful, what should i do?? omg im sooooo annoyed.

If you you dont stand for something you'll fall for anything!!:love3:
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 12, 2007, 10:32:40 am »

Quote from: one_unique_sist;930929
my game is soooooooooooooooooooo slow, its so dreadful, what should i do?? omg im sooooo annoyed.

Quote from: ancienthighway;930388
In the help section, Miss Doh has a post that mentions EA was spawning unnecessary Tour Guides every time one was needed.  In it a post to MATY is referenced with details.

Pescado has updated he anti-redundancy hack to address this issue.  The may solve many of the difficulties some people have encountered.

Here's one place to start.

Deviancy has some good suggestions in this post to look into
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: September 12, 2007, 02:58:27 pm »

Bon Voyage is the oddest expansion yet.

I ran it today and it was lag free.. I'm still using 1024x768 though.  I didn't try it using my native resolution like I need to.  The game looks like ass on 1024x768, and i'm used to 1280x1024.

Here's the weird thing.. I tossed in the werewolf/vampire fix from MATY prior to playing.  

But before this post comes off like that hack fixed things..

I quit the game.. went out for a bit.. came back.. played again..

The lag was still less but it was back somewhat.  Of course it crashed haha.  

Some have said the game causes their computer to shut down.  That's not what's happening though, or maybe for them it is but I'm pretty sure it isn't.

The game is popping out of sync.  Therefore this shuts the video signal to the monitor off which causes the monitor to shut down.  Therefore it appears the operating system is crashed but chances are it is still operational.. there's just no getting the display back which requires a reboot.  Now on some computers this very well may be causing the computer to go into suspend mode or reboot.  The Sims is by far not the first game to do this, I've had this issue with a handful of games.  I prefer the blue screen of death, at least it tells me something.  

In short, BV has an audio glitch, a video glitch and a few spawning issues.  The audio glitch and video glitch will not affect everyone.  Some are using hardware accelerated cards, some are using software accelerated ones.  Some are using creative's chipset.. some are using nvidia's.. at least I think Nvidia has an onboard audio chipset.  So again, this expansion just was not properly tested.  I think EA just throws out expansion packs with their fingers crossed on one hand.. while the other hand goes for your wallet.  

I'm still wondering what they were thinking when they released that new Harry Potter game.  It isn't bug happy like BV but damn its lame..

Mama Lino

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: September 12, 2007, 03:23:46 pm »

Quote from: mysticgoddess;921482
So is anyone else having problems with not being able to click on the doors at the resort? having problems with it and was wondering what was wrong?

I had the same problem and found out that it was the

buybuildenabler-hack for the PETS-addon.

the problems I had with this hack:

-I couldn´t reserve hotel rooms
-SIMs couldn´t leave lots to visit other lots
-SIMs couldn´t go back home
- vacation time bar below the aircraft didn´t change

simply deleted it and everything was fine.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 03:25:16 pm by Mama Lino » Logged
YANFRForm

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 12, 2007, 04:47:19 pm »

There's something else with BV too, bug-wise, that I wasn't sure about until I removed it.  When you're trying to select something with your mouse, like to turn off your aspiration display,  the mouse pointer isn't quite on target with BV running, you have to hit it to one side or the other.  After removing BV, my mouse is pointing normally again.
CHAS1977

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 12, 2007, 09:43:11 pm »

Okay I removed my download folder and still when I go to load a house the game crashes. Sad I don't know what it could be if I don't have any downloads.
Sorrowful Mouse

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 12, 2007, 10:19:05 pm »

In my game the biggest issue I have is that the Ramen from the Far East Food Stand overrides the Cup O' Ramen, from the University EP. And for some weird reason, that "desperations enabled" hack from Squinge is still acting like it is in my game, even though I deleted it ages ago. My Sims don't have the option to play Marco Polo, they have Desperation, family. And if they want to buy Plantsim tonic, it comes up with: Desperation, Family, Romance, and Fortune. (Instead of the money amounts.) None of the mod-identifying programs I have can detect any trace of it either. Sad  :saber:

On a Bon Voyage/Seasons note: the ghost Captain of the pirate ship passes out from heat stroke, and his skin gets burned. :sad4:
Bon Voyage:
The Beds blink on Maxis-made hotel lots, but not when I create my own.
Sometimes my Sims walk on the Ocean, and they can't climb the Crow's Nest, trust me, there is nothing blocking them. The command just fades away.

Other then that, it is just really, really, slow. And some times the game freezes.
This is actually an all time low for glitches for me. The only thing that could make my game worse then it is, is Maxis/EA making another screwy patch.
Hopefully, they have learned from their past mistakes, but I trust Maxis/EA as far as I can spit, and sense I can't spit.....:read2:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 10:23:02 pm by Sorrowful Mouse » Logged

What is sought, is most often found, if it is truly sought. ::smilieiforgetwhi::
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 12, 2007, 10:41:28 pm »

Sorrowful Mouse, you've got mods not compatible with BV in your game.  Squinge's Talkpool is among them.  It's displaying the desperation actions.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: