Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 07:39:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: List your Bon Vonyage bugs and compatabilty issues  (Read 87678 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: September 14, 2007, 01:41:17 pm »

I found an interesting Bon Voyage bug list on the Sims2wiki

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Bon_Voyage_Bugs

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
nonna77

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 14, 2007, 02:05:54 pm »

i installed BV today and it seemed like it was running fine until i tried to go on vacation...the shuttle came to the house but only drove by. it didnt stop. and after that there started appearing newspappers on my lot. they just kept showing up one by one. i sat and watchd for a while and eventually i have newspappers all over my lot!!

so im thinking maybe i should get rid of my CC, i know i have to get rid of the inteenimator and insim. but i really have no idea of how much CC i have and what is what. this might sound stupid but is there some type of program that I can D/L to keep better track of my CC? please let there be...

i hope someone can help me! thanks, nonna
Ghen

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 14, 2007, 02:18:21 pm »

I've heard the multiple newspaper bug occurs becuase of Inteen

Scotty

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 14, 2007, 04:08:36 pm »

Quote from: Deviancy;933772
I'd imagine they would be pretty common.  The hardware it seems to be buggy with is very popular hardware.  

Any of you try my tips with Vista?  For the first time since Windows 3.1, I haven't updated my operating system right away when something new has come out.  I mean I hopped to windows 95 right away.. I hopped to 98 right away.. I got Windows Millenium right away.. tried 2000.. went to XP.  But I won't touch vista.  I've heard it's buggier than Bon Voyage.. so I was curious how the Sims 2 works under it..

I have Vista, and the game runs with no problems. Just the usual bugs that every one else is reporting. I like Vista alot better than XP. It helps if you have a good system too.

For discussions and downloads, come to The Gay Sims Club 2

We are MORE than just a forum!
Xylune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: September 14, 2007, 09:43:02 pm »

Quote from: Bloody_Tears;920951
I'm not entirely sure what caused it, but the plumbobs have turned into teddy bears that stick out of my sims stomachs. I removed Insim and Inteen, having to go through my download folder and see if I can find any others. It's times like this that I wish I was more organised and had bothered to put stuff in different sub-folders... *sigh*

If it hasn't been mentioned already, you can fix this little problem by using the "move_objects on" cheat and deleting the plumb bob.  A normal one will respawn in its place.

Visit my site for original fantasy fiction (Warning: my stories include male/male romance)
Beyond the Ninth Wave
jurgcl29
« Reply #155 on: September 14, 2007, 09:55:57 pm »

I have a strange problem. Ever since installing BV, my pet will sink into the floor and not move. Its motives will drop until it finally it will move again. I have gotten rid of all of my mods, and I still get this problem....
bear5000

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 14, 2007, 10:14:40 pm »

Aside from insim, I found I couldn't use adult mods and have my sims learn the new gestures and the dances, once I took them out of the game I was ok.
mrs ladybug

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 15, 2007, 07:29:34 am »

I want to ask this before do you think that the weather is acting up alot and are u getting lots Thunderstorms with lighting? I mean one thunderstorm is enough but have two  while playing is bit much so am Using SW season control turn the weather off for now.

Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: September 15, 2007, 09:23:38 am »

The weather seems like a hack issue, but I'm not sure what custom content you're using, if any.  The video and audio clipping may be causing that, could also be due to the memory leak.

I tested the memory leak yesterday, it is pretty bad.

So to really help with lag.. I recommend a soft boot at least daily depending on what else you use your computer for during the day.  Besides, a soft boot is so much better than having the game crash the system which forces you to hit the reset button.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 09:27:24 am by Deviancy » Logged

brigdania

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 15, 2007, 11:17:15 am »

I don't have any hacks in my game, only bodyshop CC. I cleared out my downloads folder when i installed BV, then re-downloaded the hair, clothes, etc that I wanted in my game. The only issues I notice with BV are the vacation memories. A lot of the time my sim will complete something (like "take a bow" or "meet bigfoot") and it will not show up as completed in their vacation memories screen. Then I have to go back on vacation and do it again for it to show up. I know this isn't a major problem, but it's kind of annoying. Don't know if anyone else has this issue.

Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: September 15, 2007, 11:36:58 am »

I have that issue once in awhile.  I also have it in reverse where they'll learn the greet, it'll show up in the vacation memories but then they'll forget it hah.  There's a hack for those things to show up in specific areas and not others but I don't use that hack, so it's just yet another bug.

Bug.. bug.. bug..

newtosims

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 15, 2007, 01:21:53 pm »

No "DELETE BUTTON" in section 4 of CAS.
friendlyquark

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 15, 2007, 01:22:04 pm »

Room service will only come if you unlock your door to let in the bellboy.

I had a glitch where, when I checked out, the other members of the family froze in place until the van came to get them. I think it was because they were still in their rooms at the time, but I am not certain. I need to play some more to figure it out.

I also had one where when I clicked on the phone booth while on a community lot on Vacation the sim I used to click dissapeared. I could use the "Restore Family" to get them back, but I am not sure if that was an actual bug or if it was a custom content problem. Tongue Using the cell phone to call teh Taxi worked to get off the lot, but teh phone booth was problematic. I am going to take out my hack folder (an invaluable thing for organizing, by the way, folders, makes it much easier when you get a new EP - LOL) and then see what happens.

Toddler - The other white meat.
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: September 15, 2007, 01:42:21 pm »

I saw this when I was looking for new drivers..

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx?lang=en-us

Useless to use unless you're using a nvidia card..

Basically in the past you had to manually select your card and os then search for a new drivers.  This just does it all for you and checks to see if you have the current drivers.  If you don't, I imagine it brings up an install screen.

olil

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 15, 2007, 02:13:41 pm »

Hello, for everybody who has lags go to  "Bon Voyage bugfix" thread, this important bug may cause your game to slow very much.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: