Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 06:34:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: List your Bon Vonyage bugs and compatabilty issues  (Read 88642 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Xylune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: September 15, 2007, 05:38:25 pm »

Quote from: bob_or_not;936046
Im having the same problem:sad4::sad4:

Each new expansion or stuff pack you install will overwrite the custom camera settings of Gunmod's cameras.  All you have to do is reinstall it after installing your pack/expansion.  I've extracted the one I use into a folder labled "Gunmod cameras" so that I can easily put it back in after each new expansion.  

It's safe to use Gunmod's cameras, btw.  It's not a "mod" so much as custom camera settings, so it doesn't change game codes.

Visit my site for original fantasy fiction (Warning: my stories include male/male romance)
Beyond the Ninth Wave
alison1550

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 16, 2007, 04:21:27 am »

I installed 2GB RAM (up from 256MB) and my game flies.  No glitches that I can see, other than not being able to alter the build mode of Maxis vacation lots.  I wanted to change a hotel room into a bar and was unable to remove the hotel room door and replace it with a regular door or archway. If I build a vacation lot, either residential or business, from scratch I have access to everything though.  
Can't wait for game mods though!  If my Sims don't stop building sand castles I'm going to scream Tongue
loryah

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 16, 2007, 05:37:02 am »

hello
I can't use the insimenator with my pets since I have Bon Voyage. For the moment it's my only bug but I don't take holydays.
KristalRose

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 16, 2007, 09:32:42 am »

Loryah, the Insiminator has not been updated for BV.  Please take out all hacks and mods, and then visit the sites you downloaded them on to watch for updates.

Okay, now, here's my bug:  One of my vacation lots seems bugged.  It's "Potter's Bungalows" on the Beach.  The time will not speed up, even when sims are on tours or asleep.  My sims keep jumping out of activities, and their needs drop much quicker there than normally.
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 17, 2007, 01:46:50 am »

Something else that might have been mentioned earlier (and I probably missed)
The game's photoalbum (and game story) being cleared when you order and view a "album" of the pics you've taken with the handheld cam.  
I've lost stories that have been building for weeks now... on the one hand its probably good to start anew, but it's still a bug.

By the way... I tested Bigfoot out to get the "met bigfoot" memory  - another bug - you have to actually move him in if you want that memory it seems...
Anyway... he took a shower, and took his fur suit off... so he had the hairy face, and a normal body...hmmm.. Dont know if that's normal?  Ill post a pic if anyone wants to see that..
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 02:05:08 am by Tomkat » Logged
TanyaAnnB1971

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 17, 2007, 09:47:20 am »

I've only sent a few of my sims on holiday, but have a problem with the two sets of ancient ruin community lots - Ancient Ruins of Numchuck and Majestic Ruins of Jumbok IV on Twikii Island - plus the secret lot in Takemizu Village. Each time my sim arrives at one of these lots the game sends him straight back to his hotel before he's had a chance to look around Sad The other problems I've had include wristwatches being stuck on my sim (in CAS anyway), and a vampire cured with Vampirocillin from the Matchmaker still walking around with her arm over her face:

The vamp in question is one of the Grand Vampires. Other than the issues I've mentioned, I haven't noticed any more serious problems - yet.
freshsfs2003

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: September 17, 2007, 10:24:56 am »

Quote from: Mama Lino;931290
I had the same problem and found out that it was the

buybuildenabler-hack for the PETS-addon.

the problems I had with this hack:

-I couldn´t reserve hotel rooms
-SIMs couldn´t leave lots to visit other lots
-SIMs couldn´t go back home
- vacation time bar below the aircraft didn´t change

simply deleted it and everything was fine.

Thank you! thank you! God thank you! I've been reading all of these posts and I know I should remove al of my hack first. But I've been testing the main ones I love and they all seem to work fine, i.e. The updated version of INSIM, Preg. wear any outfit, etc. And the only problem I seem to have is the reservation doors. I just found out I'm not the only person, so thank you for this post because I would rather not play BV than remove my favorite hacks or mods. :worship:

The American ideal, after all, is that everyone should be as much alike as possible.  James Baldwin
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 17, 2007, 12:51:22 pm »

Tomkat, I feared this family album problem was a bug but it's the case for only one family in my game. The 2 others can use camera, create a photo vacation album etc. and they keep their story. Fortunately. Smiley

For the other family I don't understand why this happen. I see only one difference, the change of the family name and a house moving. When a sim girl in a lot get married her name change and there is a difference with the lot name, no problem as I have see... but when a family in this case move, the new features of the vacation pictures can't be applied correctly. Why ? This is the question... :roll:

And for Bigfoot, I've managed to fulfill this memento without moving him, so... :-P

Ok... All is relative. Wink
KristalRose

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 17, 2007, 01:12:11 pm »

Here's a new one, I think. . .it's happened twice to me so far, and I haven't seen it mentioned (but might have missed it, sorry)

If I send a family home early, they go in their house, then turn around and leave again, going back to the same hotel they just left.  Their Vacation Time Remaining Bar is full, they can't check into the hotel, and they can't go back home.  (They will dial the number for the shuttle service and then hang the phone up and walk away.)
Care

contimplation or constipation?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: September 17, 2007, 10:18:54 pm »

my game seems to be fairly fine except I keep getting two nannies? One shows up then a little bit later another comes. Other than that its great a little slower than I would like bit not too awful bad.

Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: September 17, 2007, 10:24:13 pm »

I had that happen once..

I also had a sim walk to a community lot and instead of loading the community lot with the sim there.. it brought me to the build screen of the lot i wanted to visit.. hah.

Buggy ass game.. haha..

Knukleur

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 18, 2007, 12:12:50 pm »

Gameplay wrinkle/exploitable glitch: Thanks to some odd circumstances in Bon Voyage and University, I have an adult Sim living in my college neighborhood without any mods.  I had a young adult take a break from her college life to go on vacation. She invited along an adult guest that had become a very good friend as a teen; he's one of the "Mr. Big" special townies from Nightlife. I intended for them to become romantic so they could become engaged, and that happened as expected.  During the vacation it occurred to me to click on the guest's icon in the control panel (it's sort of like having a pet) and noticed he wanted marriage.  And surprisingly, propose marriage was available on the young adult's menu. So I decided to experiment and have her try it.  He accepted and changed from being a guest to being a playable family member.

After the vacation ended she returned to her greek house in the college neighborhood and her husband was waiting by the mailbox, sort of like when you make a zombie at the secret society.  I was worried he might mess up the play of my greek residents' college career, so I had him find his own place.  He went to the college neighborhood's Sim bin and then into a rental house.  If I play his lot long enough I suppose he'll finally go to his professional party guest job (he moved on Monday and doesn't work until Friday at 2 AM); I'll probably have him buy a car in case the car pool doesn't come.  His life expectancy never progresses; it's locked at "29 days left to become an elder."  I might have his wife drop out so I can try to have her invite him back to the home neighborhood sooner rather than later, or I may leave him in the college neighborhood indefinitely to see if I could exploit his situation some unique way. He was able to use the phone to join his wife's greek house affiliation; his wife and brother-in-law pranced over and accepted him immediately.  He can't invite his wife to move in with him although I could try merging them from the neighborhood view.

I know there are a few mods (some not very far away!) that let adults live on campus, so this glitch might not be the way some players would prefer to achieve this. I thought the way the game tricks itself was interesting, though.

"I'm not animated to do that!"
   Brak, Space Ghost Coast to Coast
Sorrowful Mouse

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 18, 2007, 04:46:46 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway;933101
SM, I'd delete all those files with the 32 character name consisting of numbers and letters.  Use Clean Installer to find them, and if there's no type, use a big sledge hammer on it.

Okaydokey. Thank you! :happy8:

What is sought, is most often found, if it is truly sought. ::smilieiforgetwhi::
vyksin

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 19, 2007, 02:21:31 pm »

I just installed the latest InSim(2.7) And the problem having is missing interactions.
My sims cannot ask other sims on dates (or anything else)
My sims cannot take pictures.They can't even have another sim take their picture.

Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children.
t2igger817

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 20, 2007, 03:00:44 am »

Check out this picture! I entered a hotel lot that i'd just finished. At first I noticed one inseminator on the corner of the house, hidden behind  a deck. I thought it was funny, 'cause I didn't remember putting one on the lot.  So, I wasn't even using the inseminator. In fact, I didn't even think I installed the latest version yet. I shrugged and kept playing. Then I happened to notice on the other corner of the lot, there were a whole bunch spanning the left side of the hotel. I even saw them as they just kept popping up. I thought it was kind of funny. Hopefully by re-installing the new version that won't happen again.

* insimenator spawn.gif (36.45 KB, 300x225 - viewed 227 times.)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: