Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 05:49:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bon Voyage WILL NOT INSTALL  (Read 5186 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kimmyfrmtx

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 02:37:53 pm »

I had a similar problem when I loaded Seasons. I ran my cd cleaner thru it and it worked fine afterwards.

It was weird, it would still play my previous game, but not the new one.
Lochar

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2007, 10:48:14 pm »

Ok I finally got it to work after all weekend going back and forth with EA tech support.

Basically what I had to do was just make a new user account under my XP and give it administrator rights and it seemed to install. Apparently its a windows configuration conflict.

What I havent tested is if I will get to work while back on old logon name. And wether I can ever find the conflict.
FratBrat44

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2007, 05:32:46 pm »

Lochar, could you explain that to me.  What do you mean "Basically what I had to do was just make a new user account under my XP and give it administrator rights and it seemed to install"Huh?  How do I do that - I am an idiot with computers so if you could give me "Forest Gump" directions I'd like to give it a try.  I'll try KIMMYFRMTX's suggestion first - but if it doesn't work...
Lochar

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2007, 01:48:09 pm »

I will copy and paste the word for word info that EA sent me when home. I believe tho if goto control panel there should be a user account option, under this is a choice to setup new account and will have a check to have admin rights. Then logon to the new name.

You can install the game on the new Id but if you want to play the old saved stuff you need to logon back to original user. Otherwise it will be a fresh game with no settings or download folder setup.
Lochar

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2007, 05:08:48 pm »

here is exceprt from EA, hopefully this will explain better than me..Smiley

Hello!

There might be a possibility that you have a conflicting window setting.
You can try running the game using a new Administrator account. You can do this in the User Accounts interface.

1. Click on the Start button.
2. Click on Control Panel.
3. Locate the small Control Panel sub-window at the top left of the window.
- If it says Switch to Category View, you are in the correct viewing mode.
- If it says Switch to Classic View, click on the text to switch to the correct view.
4. Double-click on the User Accounts icon.
5. Click on the Add button.
6. Choose a user name and password.
7. Make sure to give the account full Administrator abilities.
8. Once the account is created, you will be able to restart and log in with the new Administrator account.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com).
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: