Insimenator.org
March 18, 2024, 10:48:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you still use the InSIMenator at all?  (Read 19164 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
J-Star

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2007, 07:34:24 pm »

Can't rely on it much until/unless Eric updates it, but for now I try using it sporadically for little things... I'll install it, launch the game, use the InSIM to boost personalty traits, skills, badges, relationships, etc, save and exit, remove the InSIM, and relaunch the game.

Personally, I enjoy The Sims 2 pretty much out of the box, but there are some issues that bother me and the InSIMentor resolves them beautifully.  The big ones are the random things that you can't select in Create-a-Sim, like interests and lifetime wants, so I love using the InSIM to change those.  Also high on my list are turning off aging or resetting the days in a life stage and turning of jealousy.  After that I just use it to cheat now and then for building skills and relationships, etc.

As I recall, I waited till the InSIM was updated before I installed Seasons, but with Bon Voyage I couldn't wait.  I'm gonna make a donation to the site if we get an updated InSIM, even if it's not for a while... Eric deserves it!  (Kathy too)

"Our position is correct, except... there's no Alderaan!"  -  Han Solo
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 05:03:48 am »

not at all, it's not compatible with BV, that's why I've taken it out and there are other ways to boost the motives without resorting to all that rigmarole you said up there

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 06:40:21 am »

No I don't use it anymore. It's sometimes difficult (to organize big parties for exemple Wink ) but I'm able to wait a new version. Smiley
joanne1977

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 07:47:53 am »

download merolas painting,you can add skills etc with that and it wont mess up your game!
J-Star

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 03:18:37 pm »

Quote from: joanne1977;925476
download merolas painting,you can add skills etc with that and it wont mess up your game!

Thanks for the heads up.  I found and downloaded it, and it covers most of what I use the InSIM for.

Any other mods out there that boost relationships?  Or add talent badges & perks?  Or let you choose a lifetime want?

Other than the boolprop testing cheats, that is.

Dunner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 06:35:34 pm »

I find myself using InSIMenator quite a lot; it's very handy for lots of things, and I love how it allows you to use facelift options without failure. Plus, the ability to change a sim's type (zombie, vampire, etc.) is really great. Cheesy

So, yeah, I still love InSIM... Now I've just gotta patiently wait for the BV version. lol

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
maniac19642003
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 08:29:13 pm »

I still use it yet myself in BV while waiting patiently for the new version to come out when Eric gets the time to do it.
Bev in NY

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 10:12:17 pm »

Well i took insim. out but i miss it....i mostly only used it to get thru university fast cuz that Ep can b boring otherwise....i also liked being able to age babies and toddlers and keep the parents young...otherwise the parents are elders before a kid finishes their teens....and as far as motives u can still do that without boolprop.....So until insim is updated i'm having fun with BV anyways....Thank u Eric for all your hard work and i'm a paitent person so do what u can when u can.....

BEV
joanne1977

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 04:24:00 am »

Quote from: J-Star;926240
Thanks for the heads up.  I found and downloaded it, and it covers most of what I use the InSIM for.

Any other mods out there that boost relationships?  Or add talent badges & perks?  Or let you choose a lifetime want?

Other than the boolprop testing cheats, that is.

you can also use the `maxmotives` cheat in the cheat menu if you dont want to put the painting on every lot!!! lol
Bloody_Tears

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 05:53:06 am »

Quote from: Bev in NY;926836
Well i took insim. out but i miss it....i mostly only used it to get thru university fast cuz that Ep can b boring otherwise....

Ugh I can totally relate to that. I just finished getting my first lot of YA through Uni without the INSIM since the EP was released. It was a nightmare. I had to download Merola's painting, as I've almost forgotten how to keep my sims alive without INSIM... That's probably a bit worrying isn't it. Maybe I should go back to basics for a little while!:-(

"I am become Death, destroyer of worlds" Oppenheimer, taken from The Bhagavad Gita.
britroseusa

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 08:06:44 am »

I think I will stop playing the sims if I couldnot use the INSIM I have the obj version installed and have no problem at all I went to all my vacation lots and put the motive plumbbob there so my sims need not sleep on vaction....
deniseantonia

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 09:07:39 am »

I LOVE THE INSIM!! Cant wait for the update..

If I'm not back in five minutes... wait longer!:daisy:
Care

contimplation or constipation?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 11:56:25 am »

I usually use the dest version but switched to obj version for bv till the new one comes out granted I haven't tried everything but so far I have had no problems.

J-Star

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 04:09:59 pm »

Hmm, I've always used the object version myself, since it seems to be the simplest... maybe I'll try leaving it in a little longer until I run into some real problems.

phoenix_risin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2007, 02:54:03 pm »

I too will wait till it is updated. Until that time I have been using the Multi Picture (one time and 3 tile versions) as well as the Moniques Computer from MTS. This has proven helpful as well.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: