Insimenator.org
March 18, 2024, 10:24:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you still use the InSIMenator at all?  (Read 19163 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
y2krobie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2007, 02:33:04 am »

I miss it! cant wait for an updated version cant tell you how manytimes I go to use it then realize I dont have it cause its not BV compatable yet Sad

mrdolphins

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2007, 10:56:55 pm »

Quote from: bizzygirl71;933476
what is IMSIMENATOR? Am i missing something great here? Sorry I know I should b ashamed of myself, but please someone tell me. ty mad

Okay, I still haven't learnd all of what it can do but this is what I do know.
It is an object/hack that lets you do a lot of stuff that you couldn't do without it.  Like      growup "babies-elders", change the grade on kids report card from I think C- to A+, you can turn off the jelocy, change the fitness leavle I think, and there are a lot of other cool things that it can do that I can't think of right now. I hope that helps you out some. I think it's a great hack my fav.

Also I've got BV and everything in the insimenator is working for me right now. Although I can hardly wait till the new one comes out. But I'm sure Eric is very busy so I'll just be good and wait.:angel:

:fish: pickpock's biggest fan:worship: :fish:
:fish: Watch out or you may get splashed or sprayed!:fish:
Join the Animal Army
newtosims

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2007, 01:50:46 pm »

What is the Insim???

Is it similar to the hacked mailbox at MTS2?
demeterloves2

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2007, 01:59:18 pm »

I think I'm going to wait until there's a patch and all content and the insiminator/inteen will work with Bon Voyage. It's easier that way. It's probably going to be a very long wait, but I would rather not deal with the bugs and errors. But it is nice to see that some of you aren't having any problems Smiley

"Damn the man, save the Empire!" - Empire Records (movie) :headbang:
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2007, 02:01:54 pm »

Ah the Insimenator... :roll: For me it's the hack. :tongue5:

More info on this thread . Cheesy
newtosims

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2007, 02:58:44 pm »

^^^^Thanks.
Xylune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2007, 05:41:45 pm »

I took it out after installing the new ep.  I'll definately use it again when a compatible version is made, but until then I rely on boolprop cheats.  They'll come out with a new version for BV soon enough, I'm sure.

Visit my site for original fantasy fiction (Warning: my stories include male/male romance)
Beyond the Ninth Wave
AjaAja

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2007, 08:15:18 pm »

What is it with Insim that doesn't work exactly? Is it the whole thing or specific things? Insim always worked with expansions that came after its respective version (though without options for new features), but why isn't it working in this expansion?

I, personally, would die and so would my sims without Insim. If even the basic features don't work, I'll definitely have to wait to install that expansion.

If my avatar is a girl, it's most likely me
CBC (Come Back Campaign)! One post can make a difference. Join here!
Best contest ever, Beauty of the Decades. Join here!
Have my self-sim for yourself Wink. Get me  here!
Xylune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2007, 05:13:03 pm »

asaasafighting,

As with most new ep's, BV changed some coding and as a result insim (which is using older coding) conflicts with certain things.  People who have stubbornly left insim in the game have had problems with their sims performing some of the new actions, blank wants panels, lots freezing, stuck sims, etc.  The obj. version is the least conflicting one but even just using that you'll have issues.  Also keep in mind that BV introduced not only new actions but new places for sims to whoohoo.  Hacks that affect behave codes are unstable.

Just be patient.  While it's not as convenient as insim, you can do most anything using boolprop cheats that insim is capable of.  Spawning the sim modder, the clothing tester, badge juicer, tombstone of life and death, etc. will give you most of the same cheating options as insim did.  

The only thing I'm not sure about is school.  I always used the "no school" option because I don't like the education system for kids-teens in The Sims.  All of my sim kids were "homeschooled" because I wanted them to have the time to earn skill points for college and adulthood.  It seems to me that if they're going to school every day they should get skill points out of it, but they don't and by the time they get home from school and do homework, they have no energy left to learn skills or socialize (unless you cheat and boost their needs).

Merola's multi-painting still works and it has a lot altering features concerning needs, aspiration, personality, interests, DNA, job and so-forth.  Honestly it's a good suppliment along with boolprop cheats until they can update insim.

Visit my site for original fantasy fiction (Warning: my stories include male/male romance)
Beyond the Ninth Wave
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2007, 07:26:13 pm »

lol...sorry, I had to chuckle.  I've left my children and teens in the Sim School System, and have had them skilling up far too much for my style of play.  Childhood is for doing child things.  I let them play if that's what they are going to do.  I'm also working on putting some skill building into play activities, not as much as if they were to study, but something.

Teens on the other had may get a job or not.  Depends on their aspiration.  But again, I pretty much leave them alone to do things their personality leads them to do.

I've played the directed style and have had a teen go to college with EVERY skill maxed out.  Upon graduation, because all they had to do in college was make friends, they would get their first job at level 8 and two days later reach the top of their career.  All this without using InSim to boost motives or skills while they were children or teens.

For those that are waiting for InSim, that can't play without it, patience and it will come.  Joey has been giving some good alternatives until it is ready.  

I will admit that playing a YA in college without InSim to speed up the clock for the final is a bit of a drag, but I've gotten over it.
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2007, 07:42:40 pm »

silly ancienthighway, just use twojeffs 'collegeadjuster' Wink

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2007, 08:18:08 pm »

naww.  Just got my pre-beta make-Uni-interesting hack from Jase.
blu00

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2007, 10:24:07 am »

Hi everyone

Anew version af the insim is ready. Has anyone tried it out yet?
Thank you so much Eric for being so fast about this. Have fun, all
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2007, 12:38:17 pm »

Yes a new Insim since yesterday, 17 september is a great day for that by the way. Cheesy
Ok. So no problem or conflict for Bon voyage (of course ^^). New features that I like the more : spawn a servo easily, add vacation days (for a better trip), get the poison ivy (for some stories), correct some bugs (?) like a dance learned according to the message / memory and not learned in fact.

It's only some... I enjoy a lot this mod for the bonus it gives to the game. Great job and thank you Eric ! :beer:
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: