Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 12:23:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No EA Games folder in My Documents  (Read 4395 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
krazzed

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2007, 04:22:29 pm »

I just got a new hard drive because my other one crapped out on me with all of my Sims 2 stuff on it. I just reinstalled all of the Expansions and Stuff packs and I just downloaded a couple mods and went to install them. I just realized, even after installing all of the expansions and stuff packs, I don't have an EA Games folder that has the Neighborhood folder, Downloads folder, the body shop folder and a lot more. (reference picture: http://www.sims2wiki.info/images/e/e7/DownloadsLocation.jpg [I took this from the Downloading guide for idiots at MTS2]). Does anybody know how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

PS. I found out I was missing the folder by running the game, and seeing no neighborhoods, so running the game won't work to get it back.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 05:32:50 pm »

You can either create your own Downloads folder or if you have .sims2pack file to install these will generate a Downloads folder for you.
krazzed

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 05:38:41 pm »

Its not just the downloads folder, its the WHOLE EA games folder, COMPLETELY gone. You know..the EA games folder in the C:/My documents. The one with the neighborhoods and such.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/krazzed205/mydocuments.jpg?t=1190587915

theres a picture of the my documents folder, in there is supposed to be the EA games folder and its not there.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 05:54:39 pm by krazzed » Logged
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 09:11:45 pm »

This then look like a faulty install.  If by restarting the game nothing regenerated on its own, uninstall the latest ep and reinstall it.

But first you could simply try to recreate a EA Games folder in your c/Mydocuments and restart the game.  It should normally recreate a complete sims 2 folder if all was install correctly.

Deleting the sims2 folder is what we do to start fresh so this might work.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 09:14:43 pm by MissDoh » Logged
krazzed

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 05:51:04 am »

I figured it out...

I uninstalled it all and just reinstalled the original Sims 2 (no EPs) and it created the folder. I think the Reason why i didnt get it is because i have a Taiwan version of the base game. I installed it in Taiwan instead of getting the replacement English file. IDK why it didnt make one before, but it could have been the English EPs over the Taiwan base game that messed things up... Although that might not be it at all. Thanks for your help everybody, its greatly appreciated.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: