Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:09:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone else NOT having problems?  (Read 18546 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Madam Gemini

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2007, 01:00:33 am »

Do not post here if you are having problems with BV.

I don't have any issues with my copy of BV. Lagging a little, but thats my fault, needs to clean up my comp a bit. I took out INSIM, turned the music off, (bugged me anyway) and left all my other downloads and mods in. No other problems to report.

Anyone else?

I do live in my own little world. Its called sims 2 and there I am GOD!  :iroc:
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 02:36:20 am »

No problems worth mentioning.  Really.

At the start of every install of an EP, a warning pops up saying Make a Backup.  There's three good reasons for this:  
   1.  You may decide you can't play the new EP until after the inevitable patch that will be released a month later.
2.  You find out that EA's recommended computer specs are no where close to being accurate and you need new video cards, more memory or a new sound card.
3.  You refuse to remove your mods and after starting up the brand new shiny, your mods grow minds of their own and really mess up your neighborhood.

A lot of problems are coming from people that refuse to take their downloads out of the game and add them back as they find out what works or decide to try on their own.  You would think after all the EPs that have been released, people would understand the need to do that.  Every EP has needed a new InSIM and new Inteen.  Take them out!

This isn't the first time this has been said.  It won't be the last time.

The nature of my play, everything is expendable.  I haven't tried to keep one neighborhood going from the very beginning and have a legacy 'hood in it's 37th generation.  If a 'hood lasts 3 generations with me it's ancient, like my name.:toothy4:  So I didn't make a backup.  Never have.  But with my style of play, I've got nothing to lose.

Mods or hacks on the other hand is completely different.  I remove them all, then put in just the bare essentials.  InSim and Inteen are not bare essentials until after they've been updated Cheesy.  

Then after playing a family for a while, trying the new things with the new EPs and I get a feeling for how it works, I start to put my other mods back in.  Not all at once, just a few at a time.  And as I play the next time, I do things that will force those mods to be used to see if they work.

By the time I get most of my mods and CC back into the game, public betas or initial updates are available for InSim and Inteen.

Someone in another thread has said BV is the buggiest EP ever release.  It's not.  Not by a long shot.  Pets and OFB are in that catagory.  BV and Seasons are, IMO, the two least buggy.  

But, having said that, BV has made numerous changes to it's internal code.  Whether it was EA's intent or not, they made changes that broke most of the more complex mods people love.  The changes broke a larger number of mods than have been broken before.

BV works unmodded.  BV works with compatible mods.  BV works with the proper hardware.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 04:07:46 am »

So far so good! Installation was no problem. I sent one family so far on vacation. Everything worked. I had placed Merola's multi painting on the hotel lot prior and that was a godsend.

There is a lag, very slight, for a second or two and it happens frequently but it is not the major standstill that has been reported.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 04:51:25 am »

I'm experiencing some lag, but that's usually logic (the game having to open the 'chance appearance' screen for example).
When I first loaded the game I also had the pauses in the moving pics at the 'choose neighborhood' screen, but when I shut my game down and then started it again, that was gone too.

I'm also perfectly able of walking to other lots, without my game crashing. So I'm really glad with this EP. And I'll take the bit extra lag for granted.

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 05:02:00 am »

other than one problem with the new accessories my game is running fine, the only CC I have in it right now is the bodyshop stuff (except accessories - I'm not too sure about those)

sent one lass on vacation to three lakes, spent 4 days on the campsite, did all the tours, had a grand time, I bloody loved it! not too keen on takezumi village or whatever it's called, thought that was a bit boring!

I like the walking to other lots on the vacation hoods, that's really good, so apart from the one annoyance I'm loving this EP, just like I did Seasons, they certainly seemed to have been saving the best while last!

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 07:18:06 am »

I had a minor annoyance with the pausing, crashed a few times because my favorite mods (global) needed updating. Got my updates and my game runs smoothly, except for a bit of pausing. I have a slow, older computer. Guess I need a new one. LOL!

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 07:25:52 am »

I haven't any problem (but I've retired all my hacks and mods) except for the family album disorder. BV is a great game ! Smiley
joanne1977

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 07:45:39 am »

ive not had any problems,only abit of lagging but had that anyway,ive got all the right specs but like it was said before the min specs arent always what it says on the box,but unless you can afford a top of the range pc then you just have to put up with it,which i dont mind.
kimmyfrmtx

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 07:52:09 am »

no issues for me other than the occassional lag. Seems like the more I play it the less the lag.

I also moved all CC out, played the game vanilla in an test hood, checked out all the new vacation spots.

Move all CC back in (excluding mods) played more-still in test hood.

I am slowly adding the mods back in as they are updated or cleared that no update is needed.

I am just about confident enough in now to move to my regular hood without fear that it will blow up. (but I still have my backup if it does)
Zephyrash

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2007, 08:56:39 am »

I play the same as you guys and have had a blast with the new stuff. I have added a few hacks back in that I thought might work, I did put a couple I hoped would work and the game wouldnt even load so that spared me a heartbreaking gamecrash. I love the new CAS additions for jewelry and new likes and dislikes...and buying a vacation home? Awesome.
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2007, 09:25:17 am »

As I mentioned in the bug/compatible thread, I haven't had a chance to really play yet (started working on new hood and been doing the hack dance).

So far, the only issue I have had is an occasional 2 second pause/freeze. My daughter who plays on my other computer (which has only 1 gig of ram and is almost 3 years old) says "it's runs fine"
She made a new hood, made a family, moved them into a beach lot and built them a house. She hasn't taken them on a vacation or anything yet tho.

edit to mention - she is currently playing almost hack free and is really missing InSIM.

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2007, 09:56:34 am »

Quote from: Sleepycat;925555
edit to mention - she is currently playing almost hack free and is really missing InSIM.

ugh, me too, and although I'm really enjoying it I really miss my insim too!

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Corylea
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 04:50:26 pm »

No problems!

Middle-aged professional woman still plays video games.  Film at 11.
Dunner

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 04:51:49 pm »

No major problems on my end either; I removed the "dangerous" hacks that I have and I've been playing virtually mod free at the moment. Smiley

The only MAJOR issue that I've had is about 1 sim out of 6 that's gone to a beach lot has a permanent sunburn now. Other people have let the Maxoids know on the Official BBS and I've sent a bug report to EA too, so it's not just in my game, thankfully.

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Inge Jones

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 08:06:37 am »

I have had no problems either.  I took out all my hacks before installing and after that only replaced the ones that were listed as compatible by their authors.

SimLogical
Please do not PM me with questions about modding.  Please post in an appropriate forum and send me a link to the thread if you would like me to try and help.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: