Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:21:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone else NOT having problems?  (Read 18552 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Tigeress Kitten

I is innocent, see my wings?Ok, so i lost the halo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2007, 05:37:11 pm »

I have some lag time... was running fast at first then slowed down quite a bit for some reason, might be that I have a lot of stuff downloaded though and Im on a notebook computer thats a couple years old also it was slow before I put it in... I was shocked when it ran faster, then dissapointed when it slowed down again to the point where its a bit slower than what it was. Also had to take out a couple of things that needed updating and that prevented my sims from going on vacation but other than that everthings ok. I love it so far.
seapup

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2007, 05:40:27 pm »

Quote from: freshsfs2003;938074
I installed BV and everything is fine on the surface level. I absolutely refuse to remove INSIM. I just love it too much. But I'm having a problem loading lots. It's not my computer. While I'm playing with sims and I book there vacation everything seems fine. The Taxi comes and the arrive nicely and fast. But they can't leave the lot, nor can they reserves a room. So my sims are left to hang in the lobby, lol. I have to exit without saving.
So after doing this a few times today I got the billiant idea to have them purchase a Vacahome, right? Wrong! The game loads the lot without any sims on it. Like you're just creating a house.
I thought I'd share to see if anyone else has this problem. I'm not going to remove any of my hacks or INSIM. Some of them are not replacable.

I had the same problem. It turned out to be a buy/build mode enabler in my downloads folder.
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2007, 10:10:06 am »

Well, freshfs2003, if you refuse to remove any of your hacks, you shouldn't be complaining about bugs either.

I did delete my hacks. I love them to death, but until they're either updated or multiple people confirmed that they're compatible, i won't put them back in. I love my game more than I love my hacks. Smiley

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

ladyfaenya

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2007, 07:14:50 am »

I havent run across any real problesm yet. Of course mines a brand spankin new clean install, since I got a new computer a month ago. Id Only added some skins and makeup along with Pescado's BV anti redundancy fix and 2 other fixes.

Though I did notice it tends to lag a bit. Some times freezes up for a few seconds then resumes.. more so on a vacation lot. ALso noticed while I was on vacation(twiki island hotel) that the fast foward(fastest) would go a bit slow..

I didnt notice fishies in my pond yet.. though it was winter when I created it.. but Ill check later. I may just need to mess with my video card settings.

Ive heard there may be some sound card or graphic card issues? I do have a sound blaster audigy SE card and an onboard sigma tel codec..
Using a nvidia 8500 GT graphics card, 2gb ram, AMD athalon 64x2 dual core 3600+(Im used to pentiums and know practically nothing of amd).

Mirin in ANTM :: Winner ::[/color]
Naquadria in ANTM2 :: 3rd ::[/color]

Our destinies have been intertwined, they never met.
-James Norrington
Annette1955

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2007, 07:50:30 am »

Interestingly BV has fixed one bug I had. Sometimes I get a sim who can't clean up the dishes, a bug, but not one worth worrying about. Now they can, so that's wonderful for a sim who lives alone.
tylersada

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2007, 08:31:30 am »

No problems here.  My lag time is minimal.  I installed clean no CC or hacks and have added hacks back slowly as it has been determined safe or updated.   I just downloaded the new insim this morning !!cheers!!happy dance!!

Sims Mommy
emmiehix
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2007, 11:35:45 am »

mine works fine, maybe even a little faster (I have TONS of cc in my game) and I'm really enjoying it.  I had problems but they were all because of incompatible hacks so I took all of those out and I'm running smoothly and perfectly.  I like it!
Evillordjp

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2007, 11:51:02 am »

Took all my stuff out ran great put most of my stuff back in started getting a little lagging. other then that no problems.
PenChris

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2008, 09:20:11 am »

Quote from: Sadie79;931041
Yeah, I've found that to be an issue with Nvidia cards, where you need an older driver to be able to run it better. With ATI I'm now using the newest driver, no problems with Seasons, hopefully it'll run BV okay Smiley

I have ATI and it works just fine. I had Nvidia cards before too. That was annoying, but ATI has been great.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2008, 12:25:00 pm »

Yeah, I've been playing with BV for a while and no problems; glitches pop up now and then but can usually be traced to a rogue download Wink

No requests please
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2008, 01:07:32 pm »

I've not had any major problems.  Other than the time the game wouldn't work at all and Sadie said that she had the same problem on occasion.  Deleting the groups.cache and accessory.cache files fixed it for me.  Thanks again, Sadie!

The only other issue I had was minor.  After I put my downloads back in I lost the ability to interact with the ground, so digging for treasure, sunbathing, building sandcastles, combing for seashells, and watching the waves were no longer available.  I finally figured out it was the teleport hack I had - and everything worked perfectly upon taking it out.  Luckily, there is a BV version of it, and it's working great with everything else.

Some minor lagging with the large lots, freezes and pauses, but I've always had that on large lots, so it's nothing new.  Before I patched it, the autonomous water balloon fighting would slow things down a bit, but they don't happen as often now.

I'm really pleased with the ep and have had a lot of fun with it so far.  Some great new animations for storytelling, plus the ocean is just beautiful.  I'm not even a beach person, but I find myself wishing I could jump through the screen and wiggle my toes in the warm sand.

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2008, 01:33:32 pm »

Oh yeah, how could I forget the game not starting! :laughing: Something (else) they need to add to their list for the next patch, methinks Tongue Still, it's easily fixed I suppose, just gets annoying.

I love this EP Cheesy Not only the new animations, but the walk to feature is so much better than needing to hop into the car every time - I walk to most of my destinations within Leeds, even if they're over two miles away. I've also discovered a love for taking sims on holiday - wishful thinking at its best...

No requests please
heatherlyinn

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2008, 10:06:32 am »

I have not backed up any of my downloads.. i have just recently dl pets, seasons and bonvoyage... Is it too late? I dont have many.. because I just started a week ago( finally got a new puter) ... this is probably one of those questions that has probably been answered a million times..but thought id ask anyways... if its not too late ill dl today Smiley thanks  and sorry if its a dumb question
julia2solo

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2008, 02:53:08 pm »

i had a small problem not at first, but after i registered the game. i thought that was the problem until i found out it was just a download i had that was conflicting with the game, it would, at weird intervals, turn the whole screen blue, and wouldn't turn back until i moved the mouse over every inch of the screen
ImaniOU

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2008, 06:45:30 am »

I've had BV for a few months and it works like "smoove creamy budda".  I think the forest thing is boring, but it provided the perfect pieces for creating the rustic log cabin in a forested lot that my soap opera is based on (which in turn is based on the song I chose for its theme song).  I'm thinking of sending my characters off to the mountain resort as a holiday special so the family patriarch can recover from his poisoning in a revenge plot against one of his daughters.  The poison was meant for the daughter as revenger for humiliating the antagonist for taking the guy they both liked (the antagonist's best friend did it).  

I like a lot of the things from this program.  I think it's one of the better ones and the clothes and new interactions they added are very nice for moviemaking.

I had two little hiccups with the new version of the inSIMenator.  I had one crash, but that was totally my fault.  I went a little crazy putting an extra in the hospital scenes through to the third trimester and then changing her clothes to regular everyday wear which caused it to crash.  Another time, I lost my three of my stars' faces when I turned them into teens for a flashback and then tried to make them adults again. But other than that, I've had no problems.  I can't wait for Free Time.  My junior high ESL kids and I talk about the game all the time.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: