Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 04:27:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BV doesn't use "Autoplay"?  (Read 3529 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dunner

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2007, 05:16:02 am »

When I place my Bon Voyage CD into my DVD-Rom or CD-Rom drives, the Autoplay function won't start and the disk doesn't automatically load up.

I can click on Start/Program Files/EA Games/Bon Voyage and it opens with the Launcher just fine, of course, but I thought it was odd that it won't use Autoplay to start straight up. As a last resort, I even changed the Program Files shortcut to open "Sims2EP6.exe" so it'll bypass the launcher (I don't like the new launcher anyway. lol), but that still didn't make a difference.

My Autoplay still works fine with my other CDs, DVDs and PC games.

Anyone having this issue? It's no biggie... I just thought this was kind of strange. :smt120

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 05:40:45 am »

Other have reported having a similar problem on other sites to the point they need to restart their computer in between each session because their computer literaly froze.  You are not alone.

I do not have this problem personally and I am wondering if it is not either a videorcard driver problem or a firewall issue.
Dunner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 06:18:20 am »

Video card driver... possibly. As for a firewall, I don't have any currently enabled, so I don't think it should be that. Never can tell though. Smiley

Maybe EA will address it in the patch. Either way, it's no biggie, like I said. The game still works fine and everything... It was just strange. Cheesy

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 08:42:27 am »

On two computers I'm not getting auto play to work with BV. I thought it was done that way on purpose. No problems like freezing or anything, it just dosen't auto play.

no firewall here.

I also ended up bypassing the launcher on my main computer. After a couple times of putting the cd in, clicking on the shortcut, clicking on the launcher and then finally having my game load...atleast one step less was desired.

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
Johnny Drake

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 11:45:12 am »

My game isn't freezing or anything, but I autoplay won't appear for me either. I really don't like autoplay not loading, because I usually pop in the disk then leave for a couple minutes while it loads. I keep forgetting to click the shortcut. *facepalm* Hopefully a patch will be introduced.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 01:22:05 pm »

Ok I don,t know what happened, yesterday the autoplay was working, today like all of you it is not anymore.

I guess I will use the shortcut instead.
Dunner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 04:48:20 pm »

Oops, maybe we jinxed you. Cheesy

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Cleo999

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 01:14:33 am »

Autoplay doesn't work for me as well. No firewall and definitely no video card issues (I tried it on 4 different PCs, bothering my friends to death). Are we to expect a patch from Maxis?
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 10:33:55 am »

Surely there will be a patch but they won't rush a patch just to fix that since there are other ways to start the game.
Rayea

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 10:36:38 am »

hm.....well i just leave the cd in the bottom (newer) dvd drive and never take it out unless i play a game that also needs the newer drive *cough*Black and White2*cough*

then again, i have a seperate machine for sims2 ^^ and offline games....(built from spare parts, i might add)
retrotrut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 09:02:51 am »

well i have to agree with all of u about the auto play not working with bv, but its less irritating that way so it will give u enough time to close the firewalls and anything else that conflicts with the game

Dido's new album "Safe Trip Home" is coming out on November 17 2008. More information found on http://www.didomusic.com and http://www.retro-trut.blogspot.com Smiley
Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 12:15:20 pm »

though this is nothing more then some form of anti-piracy program (SecuROM)
it installs without asking When you install BV. It is been said that it causes problems with some PC's but this I am uncertain of. EA has said it can be removed through add or remove programs and not effect game play. So if thats true Why are they installing it without asking? Who knows But you might want to remove it and see if that helps..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: