Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:53:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: My Sim Is Stuck In Buy Mode In BV  (Read 5927 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Amamda

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2007, 01:30:23 pm »

My sim brought a vacation house throught the phone, which was ok. Then I took my sim on vaction....Thats where the trouble began....:cwm21:

The game went straight to the vaction house to the buy mode to funish the house, I decorated the house and saved. The problem lies that my sim is stuck in vacation land. And when I got back to my sim orginal house to play him it saiys he is on vacation and would you like to play the lot and I answer yes and the game puts me back into buy mode for my sim vaction lot.

My sim is stuck and I don't know how to help him get free............Huh??:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Can anyone help me out?Huh?
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 02:21:40 pm »

Have you tried calling transportation to return your Sim to his or her main lot?

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
Amamda

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 02:44:27 pm »

When I go to where my sim is at in the vacation the game puts me back in to buy mode to where his home is at. Can't get out of buy mode....Pllus my sim lives alone and I would hate to have to start the game over agian, just to free him from the game....
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 02:55:42 pm »

Do you happen to have the anti-watchout mod, if so take it out?  Other mods you have might need updates too, make sure the ones you have in are all safe or remove them.
Amamda

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 06:08:52 pm »

Hi,

Took out all mode and my sim is still stuck.....
carolbeka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 06:03:27 pm »

My sim brought a vacation house throught the phone, which was ok. Then I took my sim on vaction....Thats where the trouble began....

The game went straight to the vaction house to the buy mode to funish the house, I decorated the house and saved. The problem lies that my sim is stuck in vacation land. And when I got back to my sim orginal house to play him it saiys he is on vacation and would you like to play the lot and I answer yes and the game puts me back into buy mode for my sim vaction lot.

My sim is stuck and I don't know how to help him get free............Huh??

Can anyone help me out?Huh?

I have the same problem, can't go to hotels too, my game is going to buy mode, my Sims are stuck in the vacation Lot!
playslackert

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 06:18:41 pm »

i had accidentaly dleted my sims in buy mode before. and it was doing the same thing. i had went to a difernet neighborhood. downtown i think i went them i went back to pleasentview and went to the community lot and she was there. you could try that.

http://www.myspace.com/unbelievableblue.com Cheesy

I am pretty, but I am not beautiful. I sin, but I'm not the devil. I am good, but I'm not an angel.
~Marilyn Monroe
freshsfs2003

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 09:47:06 pm »

If you have that buy/build enabler hack that could be the problem. I lost two sims when buying them a vacation lot because of this hack. Best thing to do is to get ride of it completly. I found this out from someone while reading these threads.

The American ideal, after all, is that everyone should be as much alike as possible.  James Baldwin
virtualbubble

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 03:11:09 am »

Sorry to resurrect a some what elderly thread but i am having the same problem however my sim invited a sim that was already on holiday by accident he started to leave his lot and before he made it to the van the vacation started to load. I managed to get the sim he invited back by going to her hotel but whenever i go to his holiday home it just goes into build and buy mode. He still appears as a passer by in the neighborhood (not on vacation) and sims have had him over to visit but he cant be invited to live with them because it comes up saying that his lot hasn't been save this is because he is on vacation, he also left his family in his house so i cant access them either. I have removed all my mods so its not that.
I was just wondering if you were able to resolve the problem in the end or if anyone has any new advice on how to fix this please. Sorry for the long post.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 03:16:34 am by virtualbubble » Logged
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 01:28:10 pm »

I am not sure if I understood all that, but am I right that you ultimately want to invite the sim to live with a family in the regular neighborhood?

If so, do you have the Insimenator and did you already try to spawn the family tree and select "add to household" - "name of sim"?
If that works but you want to properly ask him, you could select "remove from household" - "as townie" after that and you could meet him again regularily
virtualbubble

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 09:33:20 am »

Umm sorry for the delay internet was down. Its not that i want to invite him to live in another household its just he is stuck in limbo whenever i go to his vacation home where he is supposed to be it only allowes me to be in build or buy mode. I just want a way to get him home (his family are still in thee family home and unaccesable as well).
SImsMoM101

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 02:00:22 pm »

I don't have this problem, but if I did, I would find a single Sim and artificially give him a 100/100 best friend relationship with one of the Sims in question.  Have the Sim invite him/her over and ask them to move in.  You may need to use the InSIMinator's summoner and then use the family tree to make them a part of the family.  I think though the houses will probably need to be bull dozed --you can use the InSIMinator to clean up messes like this pretty easily.  I would save before doing this in case it doesn't work out.  It's a good idea to save your neighborhood everytime you finish playing in case something like this happpens so the most you will ever lose is a day.
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 04:20:57 pm »

Have you try to restore your family (with the Insimenator) from your base home ? It can work I guess. Smiley
virtualbubble

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2007, 04:32:56 am »

Thanks SImsMoM101 i will try that
Mihura i am not sure i understand base home? if you mean his actual home i cant acess it because he is on holiday.
Ok i am off to give it a go! Smiley
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2007, 07:37:21 am »

I believe I already said that... *confused*

Aside from you don't need ANY relationship with a sim you use the family tree on.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: