Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:20:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims Stuck On 2nd Floor @ Double Palm Resort  (Read 3999 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
JaCalsGal

View Profile WWW
« on: September 09, 2007, 01:31:31 pm »

It's weird, my sims were doing fine on their vacation, and we move to a new hotel, and after they came back from the parasailing trip, they're all stuck on the 2nd floor.  They can go up to the 3rd floor, but no one can go down to the first floor!  They keep whining like there is something in the way, but the stairs are clear.  I don't have any mods in and they were working just fine when I installed and started playing.  Any ideas or anybody else witness anything similar?  Thanks guys Wink

I'm a simple but, complex kind of gal:blob5:
 Lunabear, mama and daddy love you so much!! Rest In Peace Love
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 01:45:06 pm »

I had the same thing happen to me.  It appears that one of the off-world sims was removed at that point rather than the portal.  I tried changing the lot to community and residential to try to free things up for them, and neither worked.  In fact after doing that and changing back to hotel, I just went into buy/build mode, couldn't play those sims anymore.

Tried sending another sim on vacation to check into that hotel, but it's not available because other player sims are there already.

I ended up going back to the main hood, installing InSim, summon, add to family, and move out to get those two sims back.  And the hotel is still being shown as booked!
JaCalsGal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 01:49:31 pm »

Oh dear, sounds like it's going to be a tough fight getting my family back lol  It sucks because I don't want to lose them Sad  This is the 3rd time I've had to remake them bc I got a new self sim made and wanted to include her in the family.  Hmm, I'll try what you did just to see if I can get them back.  Is there a particular Insim I should download or anything?  I haven't used Insim before so I'm not sure if there are different versions and whatnot Smiley  Thanks for replying!

JaCalsGal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 02:00:20 pm »

I may have discovered a solution lol  I tried one more thing before doing the Insim option that you tried.  I luckily had phones in the suites and had one of my Simmies call and end their vacation.  They checked out and the shuttle came, and even though they couldn't go downstairs, the game automatically just switches back to their home when they end their vacation without the long drawn out walk to the shuttle with their bags and all.  Now they've returned home, and the hotel was free when I tried to put a new family in.

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 04:10:06 pm »

Yea!  If only I had though of that.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 04:52:43 pm »

It is not the only poorly Maxis design lot, I just got out of a lag nightmare in Takemizu Jade's exclusive Villa lot.

I never saw so many sims whining about stuff in their way then on that lot so far.  And they kept trying to do something over and over again with a huge lag result.

I guess I will make sure to avoid the Double-palm resort lot too.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 05:12:09 pm »

With my current sim, I went and found the ninja first.  Block my way will you?  **POOF**
JaCalsGal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 06:49:40 pm »

lol Hmmm haven't met the ninja yet, I just made it to Three Lakes with another Sim family.  Decided to give The Island a little break to avoid frustration haha.  The only thing I've found here is that once you find a secret map from digging treasure and get led to the secret location, you have a task to complete, yet, nobody asks me to do anything!!  I won't say too much, bc I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't gotten to that part yet lol, but it's pretty cool.  I was going to try the Takemizu Village next, now I'm scared!  I'll have to test it out nonetheless though, gotta make sure my "end your vacation" strategy holds out for each vacation spot!

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 06:52:10 pm »

Jacalsgal, I tried other lots in Takemizu Village and only Jade's Exclusive Villa gave me a lag problem.
hellostranger

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 05:59:51 am »

My sims got stuck upstairs at the Double Palm as well. All the various tourists were standing around complaining at the top of the stairs. I used the dormspecifictoolsdisabled cheat to activate buy mode and delete the bottom level of stairs and then the eyedropper to replace it with a new one. It worked long enough to get them down but when I pushed my luck they got stuck the next time they went up. Anyway, it will work long enough to get them downstairs and let them check out.
JaCalsGal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 10:32:36 am »

That sounds like a lot of work hehe  I just have them use a phone in their suites to call and check out, and then it just transitions them back home pretty much.  Sucks that it happens at all really!

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 10:44:07 am »

I edited the Double Palm hotel lot yesterday.  The only thing I notice, and I don't know if it is because of that the sims get stuck and whine, is on the second floor near the stairs the trashcan is not facing the right way, it is facing the wall.  So I turned it around and will try this lot again this evening to see if it was only that little thing.
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 11:55:03 am »

It's strange. I have make my Sims use this hotel in Twikki Island and they haven't had any problem there. But ok everyone have a personal game. Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: